Thread: Senate Playable!

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Senate Playable!

Well guys, to my great surprise, and with the help of some kind fellow on EB's site who posted a basic 'how-to' on this, I've managed to make the old hated Senate and entirely playable faction!!
    I made all the necessary changes, along with a few I found that weren't mentioned, and went into the game as the Romans in the Senate Campaign. We were supposed to be allies......no senate missions, and the second turn they attacked two of my cities with those huge armies of theirs!!!

I guess that means they don't like me anymore?

The recognized faction that RTW now sees is called 'MAURYAN'....wonder why?

Anyway, this is going to be a big leap forward for the merger with Res Gestae, because I have a place to put their neat Indian skins. But this is going to take a while to hash out. Patch3, which I will test tomorrow and upload will not include this change, and probably not the first release of Roma Surrectum. But it's a big step forward because it means the already new factions added, and the lively Free People, will stay.

Thanks to 'Cherryfunk' for first mentioning this was done somehow...I had never heard of it until he said another mod had done it.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Default Re: Senate Playable!

I could play the Senate in vanilla too, and it was great fun!
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Patrician

True, it was posible to 'play' as the senate, but you could never WIN. The faction was buggy as well..from what others have said about it. The changes I've made actually fool RTW into thinking the MAURYANS are a new faction like any other. RTW's 'awareness' of the Senate is completely removed.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

You could win if you conquered the whole of the map.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Wonderfull news!
    JUPITER OPTIMUS MAXIMUS VICTOR

Ordinarius

dvk901 => You are the new Lt... marvelous!

Wonderful idea dvk901, I allways wanted the Senate to be used for another faction. Does this mean that the only campaign that will be playable is Mundus Magnus? Because an Indian faction cannot be implemented on the IceTorque map. With the inclusion of King Ricks Punic war provincial campaigns, it wouldnt really matter if there was only one 'main' campaign; using the Mundud Magnus and the Mauryan faction; becasue the other provincial campaigns would still provide the mod with playability and depth.
    Last edited by Tyr; December 02, 2006 at 05:16 AM.
    What do we mean by patriotism in the context of our times? I venture to suggest that what we mean is a sense of national responsibility ... a patriotism which is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

I'd be sad to lose the IceTorque map though as I much prefer it.

How about keeping the IceTorque map as an alternative but having the Mauryans as a powerful free peoples' mini-faction with an AOR near the borders of India on this map? obviously they could be a full faction on Mundus Magnus.

dvk, good news about getting another playable faction. With the senate gone does that mean you've changed the Senate into the Mauryan faction so senate no longer playable?
    Last edited by tone; December 02, 2006 at 06:07 AM.

Just checked out the Res Gestae forum, and well look for youselves (Post 33):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...20#post1353420
    I really hope something can be done, this is a major blow if it cannot be fixed
    What do we mean by patriotism in the context of our times? I venture to suggest that what we mean is a sense of national responsibility ... a patriotism which is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    I'd be sad to lose the IceTorque map though as I much prefer it.
    How about keeping the IceTorque map as an alternative but having the Mauryans as a powerful free peoples' mini-faction with an AOR near the borders of India on this map? obviously they could be a full faction on Mundus Magnus.
    dvk, good news about getting another playable faction. With the senate gone does that mean you've changed the Senate into the Mauryan faction so senate no longer playable?
    I'm not going to 'lose' this map at all. I put too much work into it to not use it now. I will probably have to move Parthia up north (where they are on the MUNDUS map anyway, and put the new faction in the southeast corner. Not exactly perfect, but it will have to do. You can't have a faction named two different things without a lot of file swapping in order to play the game, and I don't like that. They'll be on both maps.

The Mundus Map, I think everyone agrees, is a more 'historical' map anyway.
    The IceTorque/ Webbird map is just plain too nice to lose.