Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forth Eorlingas Announced! (Expansion To CI)

Default Forth Eorlingas Announced! (Expansion To CI)

The Fourth Age: Total War Development Team presents:

'The Fourth Age: Total War - Forth Eorlingas'

"Excellent work on the release, the quality is outstanding, amongst the finest mods i've ever played." - VariagChief

The FATW Team are pleased to announce our new project, an expansion pack for ‘Corsair Invasion’ called ‘Forth Eorlingas’. In ‘Forth Eorlingas’ you will be able to play as two new factions, The Kingdom of Rohan and The Chiefdom of Dunland, on a map that has been expanded north and west (now incorporating roughly half of western Middle-earth). The three CI factions will of course also be playable (The Reunited Kingdom, The Empire of Harad, and The Chiefdom of Rhûn). In addition to this, FE will include a surprise that we are sure is going to please our more evil fans.

We will not state a release date for FE, but rest assured that we are working as hard and fast as we can, and that good progress is being made. The whole FATW Team would like to thank everyone who downloaded 'Corsair Invasion' (get it here - around 12 000 have done so already!), played it, and offered us feedback and constructive criticism - it has been said before, but it is worth saying again: such feedback is vital to us in the development of the mod. We hope you will find this expansion a fun, immersive, and rewarding experience. Forth Eorlingas!!

"I've been playing FA for about a week now and I absolutly love it. I think you guys have done an amazing job." - tyk216

Forth Eorlingas will include:
    • Two new factions playable in the campaign: The Kingdom of Rohan, and The Chiefdom of Dunland, in addition to The Reunited Kingdom, The Empire of Harad, and The Chiefdom of Rhûn.
    • An expanded map from that seen in Corsair Invasion. The map now incorporates roughly half of western Middle-earth, including the regions of Minhiriath, Enedhwaith, Dunland, Drúwaith Iaur (Old Púkel-land), Rohan, the Brown Lands, Emyn Muil, Dagorlad, southern Wilderland, and the areas just south of the Sea of Rhûn.
    • About 20 completely new units (bringing the total to over 100).
    • Over 100 new ancillaries (for a total of 320), and 75 new traits (175 total). Many tweaks to the triggers and effects of current traits and ancs requested by the community; this includes many new ancillary images.
    • Two new Unique Cities: Helm’s Deep and Edoras. New Wonders & Landmarks: The Treegarth of Orthanc, the Argonath, Amon Hen & Lhaw, and Ruined Forts. Also, two new resources: sheep and gemstones.
    • Completely new tech. trees for Rohan and Dunland.
    • All new music for Rohan and Dunland, composed by our very own Jonas 'Cronus' Fancony.
    • New interfaces for Rohan and Dunland/Rhûn.
    • A (nasty) surprise.
    • And much, much more...

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Forth Eorlingas Announced! (Expansion To CI)

Am looking very forward to this release
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

wil this be another provincial campaign??

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

I like evil surprises..muahahaha..

Looks splendid. Can't wait for a release.

Thanks guys.

Flip: Yep, it will be a provincial.

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Great! I am looking forward to this

CaptainCernick's Avatar Trouvère
    In between Holland, Germany, France aaand... Luxemburg!

This is great news!
    I was afraid you guys would abandon all your hard work on this and start anew on MII:TW.

Two new factions playable in the campaign: The Kingdom of Rohan, and The Chiefdom of Dunland, in addition to The Reunited Kingdom, The Empire of Harad, and The Chiefdom of Rhûn.
    An expanded map from that seen in Corsair Invasion. The map now incorporates roughly half of western Middle-earth, including the regions of Minhiriath, Enedhwaith, Dunland, Drúwaith Iaur (Old Púkel-land), Rohan, the Brown Lands, Emyn Muil, Dagorlad, southern Wilderland, and the areas just south of the Sea of Rhûn.
    About 20 completely new units (bringing the total to over 100).
    Over 100 new ancillaries (for a total of 320), and 75 new traits (175 total). Many tweaks to the triggers and effects of current traits and ancs requested by the community; this includes many new ancillary images.
    Two new Unique Cities: Helm’s Deep and Edoras. New Wonders & Landmarks: The Treegarth of Orthanc, the Argonath, Amon Hen & Lhaw, and Ruined Forts. Also, two new resources: sheep and gemstones.
    Completely new tech. trees for Rohan and Dunland.
    All new music for Rohan and Dunland, composed by our very own Jonas 'Cronus' Fancony.
    New interfaces for Rohan and Dunland/Rhûn.
    A (nasty) surprise.
    And much, much more...
    *drool*
    Last edited by CaptainCernick; December 02, 2006 at 05:54 AM.

Siggy pic courtesy of the uncomparably artistic Atterdag.
    Tacticalwithdrawal
    is my patron.

Croaton's Avatar Libertus

Icon10 Re: Forth Eorlingas Announced! (Expansion To CI)

An expansion ! Thank you guys, very much! This will be awesome

Please release it before Christmas

Now, that is promising
    Great to hear, after all, Rohan and Dunland are already playable in Custom battles, so I wondered why they were not in the original campaign. I´m looking forward to this newest expansion.

Will you be doing further future factions (assuming there are any beyond those two planned) this way, expanding Middle Earth little by little? It´s a great idea, keeps folk interested. And it´s probably much more realistic, in terms of what can be achieved, than the Do or Die approach.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Tiberius Brutus's Avatar Foederatus

Goodie Gumdrops! Damn I'm already as happy as a kid on christmas day!

If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind,
    then what is an empty desk?
    Einstein

Boosh's Avatar Libertus

W00t for Rohan! Forth Eorlingas!
    -Boosh

Libertus

Rock. Rocks like a hurricane.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Elohim's Avatar Civis

Excellent news...

Where is the Rider? Looks like he just turned up...

Watch out flatlands is all I can say :p

mrjesushat's Avatar (son of mrgodhat)
    Left of center, but Right of wherever you are.

Balrogs, anyone?
    Of the House of Wilpuri, with pride. Under the patronage of the most noble Garbarsardar, who is the bomb-digety.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

maybe it will be a troll
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

i've played at the your mod and i think that it's fantastic. Can't wait for a release

Croaton's Avatar Libertus

Come on guys, lets wave to our very nice CI crew and give them proof that we are hardly waiting the expansion

(at least me, lol )

MTW 2 is not the perfect game though, so why not go 'back' to play some RTW...which is still very nice \o/. I'm so sorry that my abilities = n00b level so I cannot help with the work .

But I'm for this whole Mod
    "Every man dies. Not every man truly lives."

Another vote of support for a most valiant mod!!!
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

Many thanks for the support, guys - work is on-going on FE, and we are hoping for a release not too far in the future.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

When the downloads start, I'll be one of them. Excellent mod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast