Thread: Possible: Less Rebel Armies but Bigger?

Default Possible: Less Rebel Armies but Bigger?

Personally, I enjoy 'civil wars' and combatting uprisings, but currently, rebels are just a chore. I would like to see far less of them, but in much bigger armies. Like 10-15 unit rebel stacks.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Default Re: Possible: Less Rebel Armies but Bigger?

I'll second that. I don't think it will be easy though... I have a feeling it is hard coded, just... feels that way, no real reason...

that would be awsome!

occasional full stack rebels led by a family member... that would be so sweet.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Wrong forum. Moved to Text Editing and Scripting in the M2TW Mod Workshop.

Hmmm I was thinking about pretty the same thing and it's pretty feasible.

Actually the "pop-up" rebel armies are classified as "brigands" and so it's logic that they consinst of just a bunch of troops.

But it's also possible to script the creation of huger armies like the horde creation script, maybe using a conditional script linked to the authority of the faction leader.

Problem (yes, there always are problems) is that rebel faction is a bit "dead", rarely they attack or siege your towns (at least to my experience, and yes I play on vh/vh) and when they do it they're not very stubborn, usually going into a a "dead" state after 1-2 turns.

I was thinking in my personal mod (that will go into public mode if it'll be enjoyable) to create 3 different rebel factions, one for feudal europe, one for east europe and one for islamic regions and assign to them the "rebel" regions at startup. Plus I will think to change the actual faction names to reflect dinasties more than countries as it makes a bit more senses on middle-age terms.

yes it will be possible when the extractor is released.

I have done this in rome and I'm sure you can do it mtw2 when we get the extractor.
    In RTW, it was in the rebel files you could edit the rebel armies that appear.

Some data files have been released, is descr_rebel_factions the one?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

is descr_rebel_factions the one?
    Yup, that controls what units appear in what rebel armies. And possibly the size of the armies(been ages since i modded the RTW version of the file).
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

May be did slave smarter ? Coment from strat AI files - // SLAVE FACTION AI PARAMS. THEY DON'T REALLY DO ANYTHING // ,and we are not see this ))) It must be repared !

The way to edit how many armies is found in descr_strat...there is a section that looks like:

brigand_spawn_value 20
    pirate_spawn_value 28

The lower the number (so I'm told), the more rebels there will be....I also think I've seen somewhere that had descriptions of the possible units, but no control over how many (descr_rebel_factions maybe)

Jeff