Thread: Quick battle replay is FUBAR!

jepva's Avatar Foederatus

Default Quick battle replay is FUBAR!

When I go to replay a "quick battle," it starts out OK, but than decides that it prefers its own version of the saved battle and rewrites the script. I've actually wound up losing a battle on replay that I originally won - go figure!! Any help out there?
    Last edited by jepva; December 02, 2006 at 04:48 PM.

Default Re: Quick battle replay is FUBAR!

Yeah, the game doesn't record every single thing that happens in the original battle. It just takes the units and the basic moves that you employed and refights them. That means units will take more or less damage than they did in the original game, and many of the one of a kind moments (such as one general stabbing another in the back) that occur won't happen again. If you really want to keep battle replays, I would recommend recording the battles with a program of your choice.

jepva's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Quick battle replay is FUBAR!

You've described what actually occurs with unerring accuracy. However, page 6 of the manual, under the heading "Load Battle Replay" states "Loading battle replays will allow you to watch your victories or defeats ... This is a great way to learn from your mistakes or savor your victories." This strongly suggests that the programer's intent was to accurately replay the battle as it was originally fought. The replays in Rome Total war are, in fact, recorded accurately.