Thread: 40 units per army.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Default 40 units per army.

Is this possible in this mod? I've downloaded two minor mods to reduce the unit card size, so you can see them all, as well as increase the size of the deployment zones. However, Im running into a problem where, apparently, I've started a French campaign, and turn 1 is... Turn 15? Why is it that Im starting fifteen turns into the campaign?

This a problem, because apparently, modifying the army sizes past turn one causes a CTD.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: 40 units per army.

Did you start a new campaign or did you pick up a save file from somewhere?

It should be pretty easy to change the save to a 40 unit save using ESF editor

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Im gonna give this a try after 5.2 comes out.

That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Did you start a new campaign or did you pick up a save file from somewhere?

It should be pretty easy to change the save to a 40 unit save using ESF editor

No, it is a completely new campaign. I've started multiple new campaigns, and for some odd reason, they all simply start on turn 15.

Does this happen to anyone else, or it is just me?
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Happens on mine and I am only on 20 units. I tried the 40 units using ESF editor, from Atilla, and it crashed as well. Heard afterwards that
    esf editor from atilla didn't work for NTW. Not sure if that info was correct. Couldn't find those two mods for smaller unit cards and bigger deployment. Not sure if the start at turn 15 bug has been posted yet, haven't looked yet. Hope they noticed and have this fixed in their next release though.
    Last edited by slick34; March 14, 2016 at 11:31 PM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Success/page14

Here's the post where I found the two mods. They are pretty much necessary if you're going to have 40 units per stack, and I think the deployment zone one is necessary anyway, as sometimes the deployment zones can be quite small in this mod. Probably a vanilla issue, but haven't played vanilla or other mods on NTW in quite a while.

Anyway, yes, I think I saw someone else mention the turn 15 start bug as well, but it didn't look like anyone responded to him. Im not sure if it's a bug, or something weirdly specific to do with the unique scripts on this mod? It seems like a very strange bug, if it is one.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    No, it is a completely new campaign. I've started multiple new campaigns, and for some odd reason, they all simply start on turn 15.

Does this happen to anyone else, or it is just me?
    Thats because the game starts on turn 15. In order to get the start date right, july 1914 we had to modify the startpos to start on turn 15. All of our scripting has to be changed to account for this too.

I had no idea that was possible. If I changed it back, I assume it would simply break everything?

So is there no way to get 40 units then? Since it don't start on turn 1. By the way, what ESF editor did you use?
    Last edited by slick34; March 15, 2016 at 03:08 PM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    I had no idea that was possible. If I changed it back, I assume it would simply break everything?
    Possibly, worth a shot i guess tho.