Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Default Re: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

I would also add a "helmet" variant with coifs only, as shown on this part of Bayeux ("And here the knights have hurried to Hastings to seize foodR" and the horsemen on the very right end):
    http://www.warfare.altervista.org/6C...ayeux-3.htm#37

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Not sure what I should call the Earldoms, since I'm not so sure what the Latin name for Earl/Earldom would be. Any advice?

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieZleeping View Post
    Not sure what I should call the Earldoms, since I'm not so sure what the Latin name for Earl/Earldom would be. Any advice?
    Before becoming king I think Harold Godwinson (Earl of Wessex then) is called dux

Alright, I'll call them duchies in Latin then.

Hi there! Can't wait for this mod, it looks so amazing!
    I wanted to ask if you are going to make the danish and norwegian rosters look smeksy too? would love to see them having evolved since AoC also will Kingdom of Denmark be playable? Would be fun if you could restore the north sea empire like canute the great accomplished. anyways good job so far. Love the screenshots you have posted so far. keep up the good work!

Moon_Man's Avatar Libertus

My opinion in this matter is to put the factions in more regional languages. Like put the Moorish Emirates in Arabic, the Italian, German, French and Spanish in Latin, the Slavic factions in their respective languages, and the Britannic and Celtic factions in the local languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Man View Post
    My opinion in this matter is to put the factions in more regional languages. Like put the Moorish Emirates in Arabic, the Italian, German, French and Spanish in Latin, the Slavic factions in their respective languages, and the Britannic and Celtic factions in the local languages.
    That's the plan, I'm not having arabs in latin for example.

Latin: France, Iberia, Hungary, Italy, Croatia, Germany
    Celtic: Ireland, Scotland, Wales ("celtic christendom")
    Slavic: Wends
    Arabic: Andalusia, Sicily
    Unsure: England, Denmark

Yes there will be norse, based on this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ing-TW-preview

I've studied a bit of Norse, so I can help work on that.

England would be old english if I'm not mistaken. The transition to Middle english occurred as a result of the influx of french culture with the Norman invasion.

Personally I always pictured the vikings and norse, especially in this period, more looking like this. Seems like all the modders want to make them look like savages when in reality they were quite sophisticated warriors and traders.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Personally I always pictured the vikings and norse, especially in this period, more looking like this. Seems like all the modders want to make them look like savages when in reality they were quite sophisticated warriors and traders.
    I agree, although that isn't really the most accurate pic. Anyways I imagine the better units will be similar to the english in equipment, after all, they were the same country just some decades earlier.

Cool, also planning on finishing the regions this weekend. Should get that to you by tomorrow.

Looks good. I've worked out an animation setup that has cavalry using the spear on the charge or in 'idle' (such as deployment or movement out of combat) but switches to the sword in melee. Call it the knight animation. If you're interested in that I'll upload it for you guys. Can also see about

Actually since it's easier to just upload it now:

animations.rar

That should be all you need. You'd assign rome_man_lance_sword_shield_javelin_precursor_horse_knight as the animation (once you add the subsequent files to your PFM pack file). Make sure they have a spear in weapon1 bone and sword in weapon2. I am not sure if it'll handle javelins as well.
    Last edited by Ahiga; April 24, 2016 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Looks good. I've worked out an animation setup that has cavalry using the spear on the charge or in 'idle' (such as deployment or movement out of combat) but switches to the sword in melee. Call it the knight animation. If you're interested in that I'll upload it for you guys. Can also see about

Actually since it's easier to just upload it now:

animations.rar

That should be all you need. You'd assign rome_man_lance_sword_shield_javelin_precursor_horse_knight as the animation (once you add the subsequent files to your PFM pack file). Make sure they have a spear in weapon1 bone and sword in weapon2. I am not sure if it'll handle javelins as well.
    Great, undoubtedly very usefull. Now the Norman Milites should carry javelins as well, but still the animation should prove usefull, for example for the Spanish Caballeros I made this weekend.

Nice pictures! I have to agree Athos that they probably didnt look like barbarians and especially not at this time. Remember that the danish were oficially christianed by this time, and were in large much like other european countries at this time. They would probably not have looked like vikings from the 8th and 9th century. In a description from the invasion by Canute the great of england, its noted that virtually all of them had armour and good equipment. Denmark wouldnt have worse equiptment than the english at this time, Denmark was alot more "mordernised" and the whole concept of the viking as we think of from the 8th and 9th century has begun to fade away. I would give a roster much like the anglo saxon(the anglo saxon had adapted alot to the danish, for an example the huskarl with his dane axe) thats just my two cents besides that i love the whole thing, just had an urge to post this for some reason ;P

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Just stumbled across this, great idea for a mod and looks like it is shaping up well!

Good idea doing/releasing a campaign first and then bulking up with units after. Being a Gaelic speaker from Scotland I was delighted to see Scotland and the Kingdom of the Isles included as well so very excited to see how this one comes along!

Good luck, if there is any help needed with regard to Scotland feel free to ask (I did do a masters degree in Scottish History).

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Pacco and Leif Erikson have made a huge collection of such shields (norman).
    You can try contact them for that matterial...
    Believe me, those two shield texturers are the finest in the entire modding community.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Clee23 View Post
    Nice pictures! I have to agree Athos that they probably didnt look like barbarians and especially not at this time. Remember that the danish were oficially christianed by this time, and were in large much like other european countries at this time. They would probably not have looked like vikings from the 8th and 9th century. In a description from the invasion by Canute the great of england, its noted that virtually all of them had armour and good equipment. Denmark wouldnt have worse equiptment than the english at this time, Denmark was alot more "mordernised" and the whole concept of the viking as we think of from the 8th and 9th century has begun to fade away. I would give a roster much like the anglo saxon(the anglo saxon had adapted alot to the danish, for an example the huskarl with his dane axe) thats just my two cents
    This is how "Vikings" were portrayed in the late 11th century:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So Nasallhelme both forged from one piece and in the Spangenhelm-variant, mostly with coifs, kneelong chainmails and teardrop-shaped & oval shields.
    Last edited by LinusLinothorax; April 26, 2016 at 07:04 AM.

Actually working on a little mod that updates the grand campaign to the time of the vikings. Proper vikings that is of course

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Actually working on a little mod that updates the grand campaign to the time of the vikings. Proper vikings that is of course
    Are you aware of the Age of the Vikings mod? It's pretty good.