Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Default Re: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Sebidee's Charlamagne Expanded is on Steam workshop, nice looking units in there, might be worth a look for extra models if you need them.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I already got all the models I think, but I'll check it out anyways.

Dp

I put together a bulk roster of French and Normans, here's a peak on the knights, Milites Normanni.
    A lot went into making them; models from medieval kingdoms lent by ltd., dontfearme22, tw Karling, and a lot of them retextured by me. Everything is wip, the shields especially so, they need more dragons.

Great work! Cant wait to play this

Looks good!

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Nice updates, regarding the spare faction slot I can not really decide between Toulouse and Obodrites, both factions were really importnat for the period. Well I would love to see Bohemia and Pisa too but I understand you can not include every faction around. Btw. why is royal French faction called House of France not House of Capet?

Edit: when looking at the map and faction alredy selected it seems that Obodrites (or maybe Danes) would make most sense. As it is now there are two factions on the British Islands, two in mainland France, two in Iberia, two in Italy, two in the southeast of the map but only one in the Northeast.
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; April 18, 2016 at 03:46 AM.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Very nice milites!

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Nice updates, regarding the spare faction slot I can not really decide between Toulouse and Obodrites, both factions were really importnat for the period. Well I would love to see Bohemia and Pisa too but I understand you can not include every faction around. Btw. why is royal French faction called House of France not House of Capet?

Edit: when looking at the map and faction alredy selected it seems that Obodrites (or maybe Danes) would make most sense. As it is now there are two factions on the British Islands, two in mainland France, two in Iberia, two in Italy, two in the southeast of the map but only one in the Northeast.
    The faction names in the previews were just WIPs. We have started improving them, France will probably be called "Reaume de France".

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieZleeping View Post
    The faction names in the previews were just WIPs. We have started improving them, France will probably be called "Reaume de France".
    Would not latin name for catholic factions fit better this period?

Looking good! The only detail possibly worth revisiting is the mail on your milites' legs. If you look at the Tapestry, almost none of the warriors depicted have mail chausses / leggings. If I recall it's only William and one or two of his companions who have them, while everyone else wears trousers and shoes.

http://www.medievalists.net/wp-conte...ayeux-tap.jpeg

Perhaps they should be reserved for generals' units?

This is probably the mod I most look forward to now
    Last edited by GatorMarine1833; April 18, 2016 at 07:53 PM.

@demagogos nicator: In my opinion it is, I'll talk to Linke about it.

KEA's Avatar Senator

I am not quite convinced by those guys wearing gambesons over mail. It doesn't make much sense: The gambeson wouldn't be able to stop cuts which go right through it until hitting the mail, while in case of blunt hits the rings would break the rips of the wearer. Do you have any references for that?

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    I am not quite convinced by those guys wearing gambesons over mail. It doesn't make much sense: The gambeson wouldn't be able to stop cuts which go right through it until hitting the mail, while in case of blunt hits the rings would break the rips of the wearer. Do you have any references for that?
    No not for Normans, I agree completely. But lower tier people will have it

regarding the names in latin we are preparing them like that atm, with reservations for celts, muslims (ofc), and pagan wends.

Regarding the legs I interpreted the tapestry as showing legs going to the knees, although that as you point put is likely the mailcoats.

As for factions I just want to say that the faction limit I hope to surpas by adding entirely new factions (like abh) and transporting it to a new campaign game file wise (wich should still require the charlemagne map and thus dlc)

Considering that the counties are a bit smaller and more local, should I give them the names of their own language, or should I make it Latin as well?

KEA's Avatar Senator

Definitly Latin as well, I would say

Alright, I'm on it!

On the topic of gambesons, Odo appears to be wearing a multi-colored gambeson of some sort over his mail in the Tapestry:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...x_tapestry.png

You can see a little bit of the mail sleeve sticking out at the end of his gambeson. I believe he's the only figure depicted like this though.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMarine1833 View Post
    On the topic of gambesons, Odo appears to be wearing a multi-colored gambeson of some sort over his mail in the Tapestry:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...x_tapestry.png

You can see a little bit of the mail sleeve sticking out at the end of his gambeson. I believe he's the only figure depicted like this though.
    There's a russian depiction of it as padded over mail, thus I assume that it's for artistic reasons that it's limited to one person, and gave (less fancy) mails with padding over them to a substantial part of knight as you can see. The padding with that specific pattern I hope to get textured by someone (quite easy for someone experienced) and use for Odo's general model

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    There's a russian depiction of it as padded over mail, thus I assume that it's for artistic reasons that it's limited to one person, and gave (less fancy) mails with padding over them to a substantial part of knight as you can see. The padding with that specific pattern I hope to get textured by someone (quite easy for someone experienced) and use for Odo's general model
    That sounds logical to me. I had that same Russian depiction in mind when I brought it up, and tt's very cool to hear you'll be doing a model for Odo too.