Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Default Re: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Ya I had been hoping to do it today but this last week at work was extremely busy, I'm hoping to get it out tomorrow or the next day.

Sorry about the delays guys, the beta is pretty much ready to go. I'm basically just trying to edit the battlefield buildings and in particular to remove the damn amphitheater from the settlement maps. If anyone can point me in the direction of a mod that replaces it with a nice church or keep of some sort I would be indebted. For now I am just trial and erroring it and s soon as I am satisfied with the look of the settlements I will post this mod.

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Really looking forward to your mod. Success to you.

Managed to come up with an acceptable look for the settlements. Just need to do a final review of everything and then the beta will be ready to go.

Until then here are the final Norman Knights:

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Eagerly awaiting to play this incoming masterpiece!

Ahh those Normans look awesome, that chainmail, those shields, those nasal helms!

very nice I cant wait!!

Hey athos! any word on the release so far? btw great work on the norman knights!

I want to get it out by tomorrow night, at latest it will be by Monday since it is a holiday

Alright here is the first BETA release of the Conquest: 1066 Mod, it is very untested so I am looking forward to getting the feedback I need to polish it up.

Installation Instructions:
    1. Download the pack files from both download links (they have been separated into unit model and campaign DB packs so I can update easier).

a. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e7b...ew?usp=sharing (CAMPAIGN PACK 09/06)

b. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D7...Hp9jM_1_mQK1HO (UNITS PACK 09/03)

2. Extract both the pack files using WINRAR.

3. Place both the pack files in the Attila Data folder.

4. Enable both files in the mod manager and make sure no other mods are selected.

Please leave feedback and report bugs on this thread so I can continue to fine tune things. The next update will make the Holy Roman Empire, Hungary and the County of Apulia playable and open up Germany and Italy to game play.

*UPDATED 09/06
    Last edited by Athos187; September 06, 2018 at 12:40 PM.

And there was much rejoicing!

Looking very promising so far. great work!

just a little question, maybe could do with a boost to the enemy AI starting stacks though?

for example I played as William, on normal difficulty level, and with the starting stack I just crossed over into England and had my William stack attack and easily occupy Canterbury, Winchester, London all of these were garrisoned by 3 or so units and offered no resistance even on autoresolve battle. and then i carried on all the way up to York unopposed by any enemy presence. was looking for either armies of the Vikings or Saxons (after the famous Stamford bridge battle) but the north of England was clean of any stacks, as was the south. which eventually produced a rebel army due to unrest.

We just gotta ramp up the starting stacks for the AI enemy players, give the human player something to worry about and to sacrifice his every move more carefully.

anyway, I am a huge fan of this time period, and will be following this mod with zeal and I look forward to all updates!

Thanks and keep up all the good work!
    Last edited by Lord Oakenthrone; September 03, 2018 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oakenthrone View Post

just a little question, maybe could do with a boost to the enemy AI starting stacks though?

for example I played as William, on normal difficulty level, and with the starting stack I just crossed over into England and had my William stack attack and easily occupy Canterbury, Winchester, London all of these were garrisoned by 3 or so units and offered no resistance even on autoresolve battle. and then i carried on all the way up to York unopposed by any enemy presence. was looking for either armies of the Vikings or Saxons (after the famous Stamford bridge battle) but the north of England was clean of any stacks, as was the south. which eventually produced a rebel army due to unrest.

We just gotta ramp up the starting stacks for the AI enemy players, give the human player something to worry about and to sacrifice his every move more carefully.

anyway, I am a huge fan of this time period, and will be following this mod with zeal and I look forward to all updates!

Very Hard or death

Love the mod!
    Got some bugs to report
    1.Missing shield texture for the Norman infantry officer shield
    2.Norman cavalry shield keeps popping in and out depending if I zoom in or out. The shield I believe is the yellow cross with a red background kite shield
    3.Generals aren't synced I suppose you call it. They stand there like scarecrows. This is for Harold (sax) Harold (vik) and some welsh generals
    My game crashed after the battle against Norway at Lincoln but I'm doing further testing to see if it was random or a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oakenthrone View Post

I guess Hardrada and Godwinson killed each other in your game, they both start with very powerful armies. In my current playthrough I am playing as the Normans and Hardrada is giving me such a hard time Im considering weakening him significantly.

@Welshy91

I just noticed some of those graphical bugs myself now that I'm finally playing it. Does anyone know how to fix the T-Pose glitch by the way?

Ive been getting random crashes that only pop up once after completing a battle but then go away the 2nd time I try it. I suspect this may be caused by some additional siege warfare mods I added in so I will see if removing those DB files fixes it.

Keep giving me feedback guys, I going to spend this week fixing all the bugs I have found and then will update the google drive link with the updated version. Just check the date on that download link to see if there is a new version available.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Ive been looking forward to this ,downloading now. Thanks !!

Hi Athos, i´ve been playing it, and it looks pretty good!
    I´m still confused about some things: i can´t seem to find a way to recruit certain units such as the hirdmen and huskarls (playing as norway). I would be great if you could add some more units to all the factions.
    Besides that, Linke wrote in this thread (a long time ago)something about a very particular recruitment system based on land grants (similar to the one in ancient empires). That would be a very cool feature to implement).

Great mod as always!

Another cool feature is to give walls to the minor settlements, not only the province capital (like in ancient empires). I won´t be as easy and fast to take sttlements, but it provides a bigger challenge and a more inmersive gameplay in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    I guess Hardrada and Godwinson killed each other in your game, they both start with very powerful armies. In my current playthrough I am playing as the Normans and Hardrada is giving me such a hard time Im considering weakening him significantly.

Thats exactly what happened... both Hardraada and Godwinson killed each other before I could reach them!

I started a brand new game this time on V hard, and yup, this time they were both there facing off near York , looking very terriffying with those huscarls and beserkers!

Quote Originally Posted by bubudede View Post
    Another cool feature is to give walls to the minor settlements, not only the province capital (like in ancient empires). I won´t be as easy and fast to take sttlements, but it provides a bigger challenge and a more inmersive gameplay in my opinion.

I dont think this is possible.

i will concur however that garrisons on these settlements should be stronger, I walzted into London by winter of 1066

Ya I think I will give them a solid fyrd garrison so the Normans can at least have some fun settlement battles, my original intention was that the English had to rely on Godwinson's royal army but the AI takes too long dealing with Hardrada up north and seems to lose to them more often than not. Might also make Hardrada's army a bit less powerful, or at least so a smart human general can win with them but the AI will generally lose to the English.

I would also recommend playing on Very Hard campaign difficulty, Im actually having a hard time in my Norman campaign dealing with the Norse and the Welsh on that setting.

Keep giving me ideas and bug reports, I want to release an updated version of the battle of Britain before getting into the continent campaign.