Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Default Re: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Well we have different cards for the various cultures and their agents, not sure what you mean by original ones

This is a preview of the new helms and battle flags (Please rep Hrobatos for these, he is making this mod look very authentic):

Last edited by Athos187; April 21, 2018 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Well we have different cards for the various cultures and their agents, not sure what you mean by original ones
    I meant as in would the new generals/governors that you get after playing the game that you didnt make cards for still have the old card structure (just showing the face of the character) or would they have the new card structure, sorry if you misunderstood.

There is a set amount of cards that are used for all the characters so the game just reuses them for new people you recruit

These look great and are very much in tune with what CA did for TOB.

Couple of minor sex change needed there but I’m excited to see it coming together!

lol those are just placeholders until Archangel makes an infant card. I think his unit cards are actually way better than anything CA has done. Same thing for Fenix's work in medieval kingdoms

Its turning out really well and Archangel and Hrobatos are doing an awesome job, if we can keep up the pace I think it will be possible to get a beta out for testing by sometime in the summer

News with this mod ?

Well I am planning on doing one final revamp of the startpos and then I will begin creating the unit rosters. Got some nice new models from Thrones of brittania and I believe hrobatos is working on historically accurate mail shirts with open and closed ventriss. Archangel is pretty much done with all the unit cards.

Awesome,do you know approximately time remaining before first release?

I want to release a Beta for testing in late summer

Mr. Athos, I got a question for you: Im currently trying to recolor a texture model for a horse armor mod that Im working on but, in game, when I zoom to the unit, the color that I put shows but when I zoom out, it goes back to its original color. Do you know how to fix this?

I have very rudimentary texturing skills, I would pm Hrobatos if I were you. He's a real expert on that

Also want to let everyone know that Linke will be sending me all of his work he did for this mod very soon so I think with the work Hrobatos, Archangel and I have done and Linke's completed stuff we can finally get this mod ready for beta testing. As soon as he sends it I am planning on altering my whole day to day schedule to get this done as soon as possible.

If anyone is interested in helping it would be good to get some historical research on things like the factions' economic and military strength so I know what type and tier buildings to give everyone

Currently working on adding in scripts to the mod and decided to start with the main story of the mod which is the conquest of 1066, this is the whole script to claim the throne of England once Edward the Confessor dies:

I am not going to make any deadlines that I probably wont keep but I will say that I am working on this every single day and making lots of progress. Keep checking back in for more progress reports
    Last edited by Athos187; August 01, 2018 at 12:02 PM.

Neat!

looks great,a nice script

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Great work! Why dont you add this to the Dark Ages mod?

Well the original thread and mod idea is by Linke, so in respect to him I like to keep this thread alive.

I've been making alot of progress on the mod and I think I will release a beta soon that only focuses on the war for britain and lets you play as normandy, england and norway. Then as I complete the other areas of the map I will release updates.

Civis

looking forward to this mod!! Are you going to include Norman units from thrones of Britania?

I am including unit models from TOB that really match the time period, I've pretty much redone all the units to try give them more of a historically accurate look and I should be able to have a preview ready for them by next weekend.

Just saw how many hours I've spent working on my mods, I never really play:

The first beta of the battle for britain will be a closed test so let me know if you want to help test out the mod.
    Last edited by Athos187; August 06, 2018 at 10:59 AM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    I am including unit models from TOB that really match the time period, I've pretty much redone all the units to try give them more of a historically accurate look and I should be able to have a preview ready for them by next weekend.

Just saw how many hours I've spent working on my mods, I never really play:

The first beta of the battle for britain will be a closed test so let me know if you want to help test out the mod.
    ITS A SIGN!!!!!!!