Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Default Re: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Could make them really expensive compared to other factions to limit their usage i guess, might be able to limit the amount you can recruit tho ive never tried it.

Nah, just don't let the English and the Norse recruit heavy cav

I've basically decided to just produce what Linke and the original team have provided and release it as a beta, even missing icons and all, as a way to generate some interest and get some more helpers
    Last edited by Athos187; December 28, 2017 at 02:02 PM.

Hi Athos ! Any way to make wachtower funktionable? ( towers dont shooting bolts)
    thx.

Not quite sure what your trying to say Hunor, can you explain a little more clearly?

Any updates lately?

Yea , whats up? Been waiting a long ass time for this bish ya now what im saying? Eat the booty like groceries

Still working on it, right now I'm just trying to get the faction rosters sorted out. I've never created a custom roster for the campaign before so its a bit of a learning process

If you're doing it through Pack File Manager it's a rough task. I'd suggest they Attila tools from CA, but they're buggy as hell.

Also - Hello there. I'm still around, I just started a YouTube page so it diverted my attention.

Hopefully someone has come along and taken up my slack mon unit icons (as a side note, I'm glad I left all those files up) But if not - Once you get a playable version up and going I can go through and look for all the placeholder icons. I'd recommend just using ones from Age of Charlemagne for now.

If it's getting overwhelming I'd say cut it down to 5 or so factions for an early release. Then expand from there. I've always felt Linke was a little over ambitious for the scope of this mod. People will come in and name factions - no matter how minor, and get very upset if they aren't included.

As a side conversation - How excited on you on a scale from 1 to Viking Axe Ladder about Thrones of Britannia? I'm hoping most of the scope of this mod will hopefully be playable there.

Hey Archangel,

I'm doing it through the assembly kit so its just a matter of figuring out which tables need to be edited to get it to work. My plan is to just have the playable factions be Normandy, Apulia, HRE, Wessex, Denmark, Hungary, Leon and Sevilla. I want to get a playable beta out in the next couple months. It wont be as grand as Linke's plan but it will give you a pretty badass playable campaign. Right now I'm mostly missing unit icons for the muslim and byzantine factions in addition to generals and faction leaders. So maybe you can take a look at those when you get a chance.

I honestly wish the Thrones of Britannia campaign map included northern france and scandinavia to be honest, it should have been solely about the vikings. But I will definitely still play it and hopefully be able to mod it too

Hey Athos! Nice plan!

However, I noticed that the playable factions for first release is only European factions, let alone two Iberian ones (Leon and Sevilla). May I suggest that you try to swap one of them with a Iberian muslim faction just for diversity sake? I'm sure that you've designed some awesome Moorish unit models which I am eager to try out! Just a thought tho, otherwise, great job and keep making me proud!

Seville was the most powerful moorish kingdom during this time period and you can play as them

Ahh looks like you got it all covered! My bad bro

Is there a playable version ready yet?

From what i know - no.

Want a Front Page Announcement? Here's how to get one!
    Contact the News Team here

No not yet, still a lot of stuff to work on but I'm making progress

Any recent updates?

Not really, I'm just finishing up my grand campaign historical overhaul. But once I get that done this is next on my to do list

Hey guys, happy to say that some progress is finally being made to finish this. Hrobatos has volunteered to help make some badly needed Norman shields and has provided the preview below:

Some progress is also being made to try and complete the unit cards. I was actually playing around a bit with what I have so far the other day and it all looks very good. If we can finish up the unit cards and shields the mod will finally be ready to release as beta test. Release date depends on those unit cards getting done so I cant really set any sort of date.
    Last edited by Athos187; February 26, 2018 at 02:32 PM.

Thos shields looks amazing!

To be honest I look more forward to this mot than any grand campaign overhauls!

Keep up the good work bro!