Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Default Re: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

I'm about to go on week long vacation to europe but when I get back I want to get working on this again, thinking about just adding in all the rest of the factions in the next update instead of just doing one area at a time

Not sure if it has been report, but, I have a bug on the campain map with the armies.
    The general is standing on his shield, the body in cross form (Like Jesus). Even if he moves on the campain map, he keeps its position, just flying on his shield from a position to another.

Every armies on the campain map has this problem, even AI armies.

By the way, excellent mod, can't wait the next updates !

Civis

Hey Athos,

how is the mod coming along. Can't wait for the next update

Its coming along, the next update will include the HRE and Apulia as playable factions

Civis

Thats excellent news!! When are you going to release the new update?

Im about to move to a new place so it might be another month or so.

Mod looks really good, will the next update still be a "Beta" mod per say?

Civis

Hi Athos,

is this the same mod as your mod under the Dark Ages category?

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by djangooo View Post
    Hi Athos,

is this the same mod as your mod under the Dark Ages category?
    Sure is! He continued on the mod when Linke retired from modding.

Ya sorry I dont get notifications when people comment on this post. This is officially being continued as part of my Dark Ages Series

Civis

thats great news Athos. What is the status of this mod? Can't wait to play it

Well the Beta that depicts the Battle for Britain is available if you want to check it out.

This is the post with the link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15655735
    Last edited by Athos187; January 23, 2019 at 03:48 PM.

I played your mod at the beginning and I like it very much. But as I had mentioned in previous post, the disappearing bodies of various units while zoomed out, broke it for me. It would be really nice, if there is fix for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Well the Beta that depicts the Battle for Britain is available if you want to check it out.

This is the post with the link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15655735

Hello, i recently took a look at your mod. i think it looks really great. Will you also be moving into central Europe in the future?

Hi, looking for any updates. is this mod still active?

Hey guys, sorry about the late response, this isnt my thread so I dont get a notification. This mod is still alive, right now I am trying to figure out what is causing the td issue with the campaign settlement battles. Several of my mods have it and I really want to get that sorted out before I start pushing new updates.

I really love this time period and really want to see it all come together in a mod that is as bug free as possible.

Update! Teamed up with the amazing modeler Succettitim6 and we are going to finally finish this mod. All the UI and research are done so right now we are working on making the most historically accurate models possible for this time period. Should be able to post some really cool pictures of the models (which are actually based on real archaeology) sometime in the next month. Stay tuned for the ultimate medieval mod!

Preview of some of our archaeological sources:

Augsberger helmet; iron, 11th or early 12th century, southern Germany. Made in one piece. Height is 10.8 inches. Trapezoid shaped, very massive nasal. At the bottom of the nasal a hook, probably to attach a face maile aventail:

Maas Helm find from the Meuse (NL), iron, 11th / 12th century. Driven out of one piece. Height is 9.5 inches. At the top of the helmet a pin in which a heart-shaped eyelet was hung. Small nasal with depressions in the longitudinal direction:

Poznan Helm find from Ostrow Lednicki (Gniezno district) in the province of Poznan in Poland. Iron, 11th / 12th century. Driven out of one piece. Height is 9.6 inches. Slightly trapezoidal nasal. Hook on the nasal:

Segmented Helmet from the Thames or Northern France, this is the helmet as seen in the Bayeux Tapestry. The seams are located on the front right and left as well as the rear right and left. If you look at the helmet from above the seams will be an X. The segments were either riveted directly to each other or they were attached to a scaffold of clips in a spangenhelm construction, either construction is acceptable. Most likely had a hook on the nasal:
    Last edited by Athos187; December 12, 2019 at 01:21 PM.

First preview of our new Norman segmented helm, not only is Succettitim6 a great modeller but he is also extremely fast and did this in one day. Plenty more on the way:

Norman segmented helm finished:

WIP Preview of authentic 11th century knights wearing a maille bib, this mod is going to finally recreate exactly what soldiers looked like 1000 years ago: