Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738

Thread: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Libertus

Default Re: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Athos, let me firstly commend you on a truly incredible masterpiece of modding excellence. I have been looking for something like this, which does proper justice to the Norman conquests and likewise serves as probably the most complete and compelling simulacrum of Medieval 2 that I've seen yet. Many others have tried to recreate this historical period but for various reasons their efforts were not effectively consummated. As something of an amateur modder myself, I appreciate full well the time, effort and persistence that is required to achieve something as comprehensive as this undertaking clearly was. While I've only advanced about 10 turns into the Norman campaign I have identified what may be a systemic issue inherent to your mod. When I try to take Winchester the battle loads fine and the units are exceptionally well rendered when I actually get into the battle map itself but after I achieve victory over Harold and his English riffraff, the game crashes out to Windows. This happens during the load screen which transitions from battle to campaign. I've only played this battle through once, so it could just be some anomaly with my particular game but I did want to apprise you of this. Also, I assume that the most recent and updated version of your excellent mod is that which can be found in the link you provided earlier in this thread which referenced the battle for Britain. Finally, I know modders tend to have an aversion for giving any real precise time table but could you provide just a rough approximation of when the finished product will be released? Thank you again for your time and effort in bringing this magnificent creative vision into fruition for the Attila community. This is what Charlemagne should have looked like. Cheers bru.

Ya we have identified a fix for that crash.

"Sometimes, Attila gets upset whenever you remove a vanilla factions/faction mod. Fret not, all you have to do is wipe it's memory by doing this:
    - Go to your AppData folder (try searching for %appdata% with Windows). Mine is located at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila
    - Delete the folder "battle_preferences". This folder stores Attila's custom battle settings, and resetting it should allow it to work."

As for the finished product that could take quite a while but we want to have a playable beta ready by this summer.

We are also no longer using this thread so to stay up to date with our modding progress you should check out our hosted thread here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2132-The-Dark-Age

Libertus

Athos, you sir are a scholar and a gentleman of the first rank. Thank you for the very helpful insights; I will implement that fix this evening and shall look forward to innumerable future hours of what I'm sure will be captivating game play from this most excellent mod. Thank you again for creating what I genuinely regard to be one of the finest mods for Attila currently available. I can only imagine how magnificent the finished product will be if the beta is this good. My thanks to your collaborators and colleagues as well for their time and effort. Also, one final question for you, does that forum that you referenced in your preceding post have a section dedicated to the development of this particular mod, because all I see over there is information and updates concerning your ongoing Dark Ages project? Thanks again for the assistance.

Well this mod is going to be renamed Anno Domini: 1051 and be the first release of that bigger project. So its all kind of mixed together since it is one big project.

Libertus

Thank you for the clarification and I will eagerly await the release of the finished product. I wish you continuing success in your modding endeavors.

Hello Linke !

I like the colors you use on your map and i would like to know how did you color your map : is this directly with a creator of maps in Total War : Attila ?

I'm new to this thread and I don't possess the game. Thanks !

Libertus

Athos,

Once more I come here to beseech your wise guidance on matters concerning the brilliant creation which is your work product. While I know that this is beyond the pale of what would reasonably fall within the domain of your expertise as they derive from your engagements with this modding project, is there some unconventional way to activate the various factions which you and your compatriots saw fit to include in this mod? I've made a concerted effort to utilize the conventional means of adding such factions (PFM, editing Startpos and the subsidiary structures within that file) but to no avail. I have an affinity for early medieval France and would be immeasurably gratified to be able to command the forces of the mighty County of Champaign or even those of neighboring Anjou. I'm not a highly skilled modder but I am very familiar with the structure of the relevant game files and can usually pull this sort of thing off with other mods with alacrity and minimal encumbrance. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome and I would like to reiterate my thank to you and your fellow modders for all that you have done on behalf the community by producing this most excellent incarnation of the medieval world in continental Europe. Cheers bru.