Thread: Journey of the Hunter Commentary

Default Journey of the Hunter Commentary

Here, you can share your thoughts, comments, advice, or otherwise helpful words of wisdom for what I post in the 'Journey of the Hunter' blog.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Journey of the Hunter Commentary

I'd not sure I'd describe anything I might say as any of the things you listed, HunterKYA, so I hope you don't mind me posting.

I'm sorry to hear you need laser eye surgery. It sounds as if it's going to be a bit awkward, with not being able to drive for a while afterwards. (Am I right in thinking that generally you don't have to stay in hospital after that sort of surgery? Or am I confusing it with something else? I hope it's the kind without a hospital stay, anyway.) Hope the surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

It sounds as if things are a bit difficult with the young lady you mention, too. I hope she'll suggest arrangements for meeting up with you - but she does seem to have been unavailable quite a lot. Still, you seem to be playing it cool and being careful not to pressure her, so that sounds like a good way to go. If it doesn't work out, you'll know it was just one of those things. Sometimes when you meet people in person for the first time, there just isn't the spark you hoped there would be - maybe that happened for her. It's a whole awkward thing when it's like that, but there's not really anything either person can do about it.

Hope you're feeling OK, anyway, and aren't too anxious about either the surgery or the young lady.

As far the surgery is concerned, I was informed it would take 2-3 hours, and as an outpatient procedure, it wouldn't require a hospital stay. With the surgery coming on a Friday and my follow-up being the following Monday, I'll be staying in Atlanta over the weekend and will leave Monday afternoon, hopefully before rush hour. The weekend though, that's going to be rough, as my eyes begin the process of healing.

With the young lady, things are feeling a bit complicated at the moment. Before, when we got together that one time, she and I sent texts regularly, she always seemed available to talk, our conversations were longer. Since then, I have picked up on a trend. Granted, that for about the first month, I was sending texts everyday, which might have felt like I was pressuring her to talk, I've since backed off a bit, now only sending texts about every other day. Back to the trend I was talking about. She hasn't been as responsive, perhaps from a combination from her work/school requirements and my daily texts. Don't be mistaken, we're still on friendly terms as far as I know. One of the things I failed to mention in the blog post, was that she was the one who contacted me first and in doing so, said she was interested in being friends first and asked if I were okay with that. Of course I agreed, or else I wouldn't be talking about her.

One matter I can't piece together though, is whether she still has a genuine interest, but has been too swamped with work/school to do very much, or she's just trying to be nice.

If what has developed between her and I doesn't evolve from where it is, or ends before anything happens, it'll stem from the fact that she's having to devote so much time to one area of her life.

I've seen your more recent blog-post. I'm sorry to hear the young lady doesn't want to meet up with you. It sounds as if you think she's no longer as interested as she was. Even if that's because she's swamped by work and school stuff, that doesn't make it a pleasant experience for you. I hope you're feeling OK.

It's something I'm coming to grips with, and it's also why, in an instance such as this, it's best I hadn't told many people about her.

One of my biggest problems, and it's a shortcoming I'm fully aware of, is that I often try too hard or try too much, too soon. Couple that with someone whose profession has huge demands on her time, who maybe has a small enough window to talk as it is, and it might be a feasible explanation for why she isn't saying much.

Life seems to be throwing a lot of stuff at you all at once, HunterKYA.

I won't ramble on at you when you'll have a load of things you need to do, but my fingers will be crossed along with yours. Hope you'll be back with us soon.

Glad to hear the surgery went OK. Hope your recovery will progress well.

The new job is great news! Hope it goes well.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Glad to see updates on a blog post! It can be a bit of a bummer when things do not go perfectly when it comes to things out of your hands. The cornea surgery is one of those things. It is too bad that after 2 years it has not been a perfect recovery. I am putting off a similar thing regarding glaucoma. Fortunately it is only one eye. Unfortunately it may be an overnight sort of thing.

Your writing here is great reading, so keep it up even if you need to squint and two finger type to post the tales! I am not saying that is what I do, but...