Thread: Improved Alliances

Default Improved Alliances

Im interested in scripting my descr-strat file to make better more reliable alliances i no they did it in the Deus lo Voit mod but can some one tell me what exactly they did to make the alliances better and more functionable. Cheers

<<<English Pride>>>

Default Re: Improved Alliances

Better alliances are not done by a script (up to now) but
    - by setting the parameters in the diplomacy part in the descr_strat.txt file
    faction_standings poland, 0.2 hungary
    the more positive the better the relation
    - change the faction specific win conditions

i don't think they are placebo effects

or look for the slomod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70627

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Default Re: Improved Alliances

I've been playing around with them. My latest experiement is +5 for catholic nations vs other catholics, 0 vs other religions and -5 vs slaves. As a result the slave provinces are almost wiped out straight away and war isn't nearly as common. I was playing france and allied with spain, england and hre. On turn 35 HRE attacked, milan attacked on turn 36. England attacked on turn 40 and portugal ~turn 50-60.

I should point out that my provinces were lowly garrisoned and the only real army I had was taking one of the dutch towns (portugal attacked me when I was strong but my forces were in the east). There was also no rebel provinces left at this stage so I assume the AI was looking to expand, and since they weren't at war with anyone the HRE chose to attack me and the rest was like a domino effect.