Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Special buildings/Wonders

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Special buildings/Wonders

Quote Originally Posted by MWY
    @Hadhod: I don't think we need that many new wonders and I'm against adding wonders in settlements in which they were not (F.E. the Aachen Cathedral). And yes, so far the building trees are far from optimized. If we really need the buildings, I think one can easily get 5-10 more.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Yes i agree, not many new wonders but yes some more,maybe two or three more, the most important wonder or middle age important building... i continue think that tower of london and cathedral or kiev or nogvorod are important, and in the actuality they have much turists and represent a important part of the country
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    @Hadhod: I don't think we need that many new wonders and I'm against adding wonders in settlements in which they were not (F.E. the Aachen Cathedral). And yes, so far the building trees are far from optimized. If we really need the buildings, I think one can easily get 5-10 more.

Yes, limiting the last upgrades to a settlement is possible. However, the settlement would lack the boni of the last upgrade, so the wonder would need to be more powerful.. (since right now in Palermo: Cathedral+Wonder, after: Wonder Only).
    There's a particular reason to not have a building "tree" called (say) wonders1-8 which has 1 base building which then "upgrades" to one of 8 wonders depending on the settlement?

If you don't want to make it indestructible, another way is to have script place the base building if it detects the settlement does not have the base (or wonder) building in it.

Blog Entries

@ j.a.luna, there was no turist during Middle Ages
    More seriously, I disagree about the Tower of London. Basically, it was used as a royal residence and as a prison for high rank people. That's not really a wonder. It's like adding the Louvres Tower for Paris (where the King treasure was kept). If a wonder is given to England, it would probably be the Canterbury cathedral.
    About the Russian factions, yes, it might be fair to give them one wonder.

@ Alavaria, wonders must stay in limited number if we want to keep them as exceptional. Otherwhise, they would become just like any other comon building in the game.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ Alavaria, wonders must stay in limited number if we want to keep them as exceptional. Otherwhise, they would become just like any other comon building in the game.
    No, this is about your edb building trees, right now each wonder eats up a whole tree, doesn't it?

More seriously, I disagree about the Tower of London. Basically, it was used as a royal residence and as a prison for high rank people. That's not really a wonder. It's like adding the Louvres Tower for Paris (where the King treasure was kept). If a wonder is given to England, it would probably be the Canterbury cathedral.
    About the Russian factions, yes, it might be fair to give them one wonder
    Haha i refer tourists in the present xD, ok so furthemore of wonder for russian factions, you would add some more in the game?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

About the Russian factions, yes, it might be fair to give them one wonder.

methinks pilgrims could kinda be considered tourists, even just people from near villages/towns coming to the cathedral

EDIT: nvm
    Last edited by Dekhatres; July 08, 2016 at 09:24 AM.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure that we can consider cathedrales as pilgrimage places

Originally Posted by MWY

Does that mean you want none at all or just a few?

Blog Entries

I think that MWY meant just a few and must be or have been considered as wonder.

I'm not sure that we can consider cathedrales as pilgrimage places
    why not ? it's not any diferent than going to the holy lands or Rome, sure those cathedrals may not be considered even nearly as important/holy but still iirc many had holy relics which made them an attraction to pilgrims/tourists

Blog Entries

My meaning is that pilgrims went there for what the building could content (relics) or represent (miracles) instead of the building itself.

I like the idea of building a "relic" building tree, it's very cynical of in-period religions

I also like the idea of exploit more the wonders with relics and exploit the building tree for more income and trade for the factions, and furthemore add some new wonders for rusians and maybe for other faction, you choose the wonders lifth hehe
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

My meaning is that pilgrims went there for what the building could content (relics) or represent (miracles) instead of the building itself.
    Then couldn't you implement the building (i.e. Canterbury Cathedral) as what appears in the region's building list, and in the description include the actual relic or miracle it housed?

And I agree that Canterbury Cathedral is more important than the White Tower but MWY said he didn't want to do wonders from cities not represented in game.

THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Laetus

well i think about Agia Sofia it must have some global atribute, after all it was used like this for two empiires, both the byzantium and the Turks.... now a days is a cultural memorial by UNESCO, but back then it was made to demonstrate the greatness of the rulers to the rest of the world... maybe some global converting bonus (for every religion that owns Konstantinoupoli) or at laest a +2 in diplomats and +3 as prists (again for every factions that holds it)

Haven't been around for a while. I see you've made great progress on Georgia. Is this still being considered to be implemented?

Blog Entries

To be honest, I'm just trying to see how to implement that but in a reasonable manner. As already said by the past, not all factions will get one and the choice has to be made "wisely"

To be honest, I'm just trying to see how to implement that but in a reasonable manner. As already said by the past, not all factions will get one and the choice has to be made "wisely"
    All the wonders mentioned in the first post are already in the game. Or what do you mean?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast