Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The plans for 1.7 (+Its going again.)

Default Re: The plans for 1.7 (+The Second Saturdays Beta.)

Would it be possible to add parthian shot to all mounted archers and skirmishers? Horse archers without parthian shot are quite useless and the parthian shot for all mod isn't compatible with tuskmod unfortunately.
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

Now, this is something I have actually tested in live battle conditions, and it might be biased based on my own playstyle...

Non-Partian Archers, as they are now, are actually the horse archers with the highest killing potential per cost of all the horse archers. While they loose the ability to operate effectively when being pursued by cavalry, they have an incredible ability to deal sustained damage to targets that are slower then they are, especially when saved for the part of the fight where the enemy lacks proper opposition to them.

Could there be a way to make the ai use formations like shieldwall? I always feel bad when I use them :p
    I know that there is a mod that seems to use the pike phalanx as a base for the shieldwall, this way the formation doesn't break when an attaxk order is issued and the AI can use it. Problem is that with that mod the soldiers act like they have weapons with the reach of a pike, pushing eacother away rather than going into close combat (I hope what I wrote is understendable).
    Also, as a little note, the AI cannot dismount units, so the Alani mounted spearmen cannot operate on foot when commanded by the cpu.
    Anyway, great work!

I am likely to set the AI to not recruit the mounted footmen. The design is fun, but the AI has no potential when it comes to figuring out how to use them.

Been using your 1.7 Alpha for a Saxon campaign for about 40 turns now. Thank's for ruining Radious Mod for me xP Keep up the good work!

Are you planning to add Spearwall or Shieldwall to Slav skirmishers and the AoC factions?

I think it's a great tool you added and now I miss it

I have started a second project for AOC, but the slavic skirmishers will be getting something fun.

Alright, I finally have started catching up on the error reports, slowly, but surely...

A snapshot will almost certainly be coming out this afternoon. As I have fixed some notable issues, and hope to get more features done after I get home from work.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; March 14, 2016 at 05:05 PM.

Love your work Walrus, tried your mod again today - not this latest but the one u have on Steam (Workshop Ed.) and I quickly became interested how the rest of your work is going; so plz keep up with us, i know we are sorry bunch (tw community ) but still many of us appreciate your work.

Cheers!
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Foederatus

Just dropping in again to say excellent work on the mod Walrus, this is how Attila should have been. I'm playing through both Roman Empires and Himyar on Hard and I'm having an excellent time. Huge fan of the skirmisher/cavalry improvements!

As a note, I am about to give this streaming thing a try: http://www.hitbox.tv/SmallBallsWalrus

Alright, the stream is done for now, my next few streams will probably be a good 3-4 hours, but I just decided to do this one out of curiosity of whether or not I could make it work. I expected the first one to be pretty low key as an event, but hopefully we will gather steam as time goes on.

I will make a thread specifically dedicated to my newfound habit of streaming my mod, detailing my ideal schedule, and the like. To say the least... I did enjoy streaming. (Yes, I did see the comments regarding my habit of excessive friendly fire.)

Some things to note on the stream: It was six turns of a Langobards campaign where I was testing out a re-balance of spears that seemed to be working well, along with some other changes that should help improve combat flow (Sling mechanics have changed... Slightly, not a lot, but slightly.)

Now, I have some things I promised to do for the mod awards committee that I will do, some more progress on the update, and the like, so. It was fun playing for you guys, but... Its time to start my work towards making things better.

What were the notable issues you were currently working on?

Now I need to remember what I was thinking in my confused mindset this morning. (I was experiencing a pretty bad case of stage fright, so, understand that I wasn't thinking as clearly as I could be.)

Setting up the Slavs:

(WIP) Fixing the Horse X line of axemen having the wrong abilities (I am still setting up the mechanics right abilities, and I will be scrutinizing them HARD.)

(WIP) Getting new VMD imported to the slavs so their missile weapons show up on their person prior to them launching them.

(WIP) More dynamic garrisons work.

Balance changes:

I reverted my buffs mobile testudo (It was severely over-buffed,) Some Tweaks to Spear mechanics (less damage, but they got their armor-factor back,) and a revamp of slings. These three things were desperately requested by the competitive community testing the battle mechanics currently. I found a way to make it all feel right and balanced, so I complied. (I will feel nostalgic about the old 32 damage spears, but I will admit that the new 28 damage spears are more balanced.)

Tweaking long range skirmishers so that they have more ammo, but reload slower, to give them a niche in sustained engagements, while making sure they don't become rapid fire gen-sniping fodder.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; March 14, 2016 at 09:15 PM.

1.7_tusk_third_monday.zip

Ok. So I compiled the experimental mod components I used in today's stream, but the extra features are.... Well... Likely going to get done AFTER I fall unconscious at random today.

As giddy as the stream did leave me feeling, it isn't a cure for sleep deprivation.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Here's an overview of my campaign on 1.7.1 as of 422 AD. Playing on N/N to get a hang of Attila and my only complaint so far has been the passivity of some of the germanic factions. The Vandals, Langobards and Thuringians are doing all. Rugians are good though. The viking factions did well this campaign, Danes ended up in Thrace and got wiped out by the Visigoths. The geats have a nice little empire with southern England and Spain. Regarding the WRE they are still giving me a good fight, I broke their back once I wiped out most of their armies in a series of battles in the alps. They're rebuilding now. ERE, what can I say, they're doomed.
    Faction Ownership
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Diplomatic

Strength ranking and position of hordes.
    Last edited by Ferdiad; March 15, 2016 at 09:45 PM.

I am glad to see strong empires forming.... The big unfortunate thing is that germanic does not automatically make a faction imperialistic, as their leaders might get randomly born with pacifist traits.

Have you noticed anything in regards to the roman empires use of mercenaries, by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Walrusjones View Post
    I am glad to see strong empires forming.... The big unfortunate thing is that germanic does not automatically make a faction imperialistic, as their leaders might get randomly born with pacifist traits.

Have you noticed anything in regards to the roman empires use of mercenaries, by chance?
    Yep, stuff like Germanic warbands and Mounted brigands are pretty popular. This a design choice for 1.7?

Alright, in this last patch, I increased the AI's tendencies to defend their own territory, I will try ramping up their eagerness to occupy settlements they have caught simply because it seems they aren't hungry enough when it comes to taking land.

Also, the current version is 1.7 pre-1. I am still working on 100%ing the campaign map.

Tbf to the vandals they did try to take Augusta Vindelicorum but the Huns and the WRE converged on them at the same time. Langobards and Thuringians doing nothing though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast