Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The plans for 1.7 (+Its going again.)

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: The plans for 1.7 (+The Second Saturdays Beta.)

What games is that?

Alright, its time for me to start getting back into the rhythm of things.

Thank you all who have been patient with me in my time of being completely and utterly distracted.

For today, I am at the very least going to sort out the "Hunnic preservation armies get killed by the AI" bug the AI has been picking up as of late.

Edit: I think I found a error in the script that might be allowing their maximum level armies to spawn on turn 1.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; April 25, 2016 at 10:17 AM.

I've been having and interesting game with the Caledonians. I'm using beta with dynamic garrison.
    416 A.D.
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cjpg

Just seeing that Britain with a single danish stronghold being the only settlement on me tells me so much about this world

"You idiots, you blew it all up!"

Honestly though I think the AI garrisons need to be toned down a bit. The AI hordes like the goths and vandals get rekt pretty often in my experience. I drove a few tribes into Italy as the Huns without actually fighting their stacks and they all died out.

Well this mod kinda died all of a sudden. On to warhammer we go!

I actually intend to stream tomorrow with some changes... Then release them if nothing goes wrong.

Things have been... Interesting for me as of late, but I do realize that I have to start walking the walk again.

*Grumbles*

Alright, it appears Xsplit won't let me do that, so I am just going to release a bit of an experimental version right here and now, but its time to finally get back on the updates train...

Now. On to the main subject...

One of the things I have been testing (Very lightly) as of late is trying to see whether or not first strike truly adds anything to the mod, as I am starting to have doubts regarding this attribute. Sadly, nearly every balance issue that has arisen in recent years seems to point back to first strike being the primary cause.

Now. I **have** found legitimate uses for it, namely, that it is a very useful attribute in balancing smaller-then-normal unit sizes, but in the end, for now... It just isn't doing a whole lot for the main body of the mod. In fact, it seems to be breaking things.

As such, for now, I am going to tone it down for a while until I can get it down to a science.

I am incredibly sorry for the delays in getting this out. Quite frankly, a lot has been going on, and I haven't been spending nearly as much time on some of my more important hobbies because of this.

_Tuskmod_1.7_Beta_revival.zip

Other things in the shop:
    Researching the auto-resolve system (Trying to make hordes less likely to suicide... They do this without the garrisons now...)

What do you mean by first strike?

The initiative system is something I am experimenting with greatly reducing (Again,) for one real reason: About half the issue reports I get on steam tends to be regarding problems that cannot really be fixed without seriously looking into reducing it. While it is a unique feature, other mods have begun adopting the very same system (Some of these things were especially harsh to steppe tribes, such as shock cavalry not inflicting their charge bonus under a large blanket of circumstances.)

I do have other projects I am working on, such as integrating a variant of the terrain and cavalry movement revamps from the realism branch, finishing the slavs, and trying to reduce the lethality of field battles in the auto resolver (Since, the AI will gladly commit suicide with any land army.)

Playing the Beta now with the Suebians, only 10 turns in but seems very good. Will give more feedback later! Thanks Walrus!

Thank you!

Right now, I am currently working on a small revamp of how agents work, simply to rebuild old good habits.

Here is what I currently have working:

Priests ability to hinder armies/agents has been reduced, so that they should no longer stop the enemy in their tracks, and instead only slow them down.
    Priests are supposed to be the most common type of agent, to make it so religious warfare/unrest becomes a more common thing, but their ability to cheaply stop entire armies was a major downer.

Your factions religion determines what sort of agents you can recruit by default.
    Trying to get agents as a player faction has always been a little painful. With this change, there will usually be at least one type of agent that the player should be able to recruit. (Some religions will not grant agents when you are a horde.)

Steps have been taken to reduce AI agent spam.
    Reasoning: Multiple AI factions will coordinate agent use to make life a living hell for the player, therefor, agent numbers for small AI factions has been reduced to prevent unstoppable walls of AI agents from overtaking the player.

Tuskmod_Beta_Revival_2.zip

Alright, I have had this update for a while, but now I finally get to release it.... Lets just say, bad things happened IRL and I was gone for a while.

Current release changes:

- Priests should no longer be able to stunlock enemy agents and armies with their variant of distract.

- The AI has been made less capable of spamming agents.

- Its easier to have access to agents, as your religion now grants access to one type when you are settled (Others may grant some when you are a horde as well.)

- A basic handicap granted to cavalry has been toned down a little, as the removal of the initiative system has made it less necessary.

Default Re: The plans for 1.7 (+Its going again.)

Hi there, did the holidays treat you well Walrus? Some of us would really like to see this mod finished, are you planning to get back to work?

Civis

I might have missed something among all the text. But is this mod having 4 turns per year or 12 turns per year? If it has 12 turns per year is the army movement for the campaign reduced to be a bit more realistic?

For some reason when I try to download the mod, it simply doesn't work.Can you help me?

The author of the mod said that the mod on this forum is no longer updated. The latest version is on steam at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...ents/434182198

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234