Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: the return of the Gallic comitatus

Default the return of the Gallic comitatus

The big winter rollback erased the thread on my comitatus project, so here is a new one, with brand new units !
    ( reminder : the gallic comitatus is actually a personnel project wich aim to "recreate" the roman army of 399 in Gaul with 20mm painted plastic figurines. One fig = 10 soldiers)

Let's start with auxilia palatina :

Mattiaci seniores (i love this one !!)
    Brachiati seniores
    Cornuti seniores (revamped)
    Marcomanni iuniores

the mighty legio palatina
    Ioviani seniores
    Herculiani seniores

the good old legio comitatenses
    Menapi seniores

The lowest class troops
    Burgarii

And now cavalry

vexillatio palatina
    Comites alani
    Catafractarii
    more to come in the next weeks !!

Default Re: the return of the Gallic comitatus

Awesome collection you have there.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

thx Gallienus !
    I've started the dioramas as well, with a burgus ;-)

Cool stuff! Keep us posted on your work!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    Cool stuff! Keep us posted on your work!
    Beware Majorien! It may be the typical Norse deceitfulness! You give them the map of the fortifications and then .. after a while, a Drakkar comes ..

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

Those were very good, thank you!

New unit just finished : the Mattiaci Iuniores Gallicani, nice new auxilium palatinum ! ;-)

I like them, as I like their shields! I also love your site and the job your doing here and there! Great Majorien!

thank you very much Diocle for those kind words !! they are still hundreds of milites in production, but it will take a loooong time : between work, family, friends and others, so little time...
    i think the next units will be an another one of castriciani and a vexillatio comitatensis, maybe the Constantiani feroces.

Niiiiice!!!!!

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Not an article about a new unit today, but the beginning of long description of books wich helped me on this project. I've got the idea with the Library topic here !(in French, even if english books are mentionned)

Intéressant, utile, instructif, en un mot, fantastique! Merci mon seigneur Majorien!

Interessante, utile, istruttivo, in breve, fantastico! Grazie mio signore Majorien!

Interesting, useful, informative, in short, fantastic! Thank you my lord Majorien!

Epic and fantastic work art!
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Well, hollydays, are now gone (at least for me), so i will return on my beloved project : there is at least a dozen of units in preparation...
    I've been requested many times pictures with not a miniature or a unit but with all the army. To be honest, i've never displayed all the entire army : i have two young very young kids and no room dedicated to my miniatures (or it will be the most expensive hobby of the world considering where i live ), so even letting some figs without oversight on a table is a risk i cant take !!
    But my little family is still swimming in the big blue, so i've taken some pics of a part of the army ( i think 14 units) on a quick-and-dirty dio: have fun !
    the link of the late roman army diorama with miniatures

Two more units are now avalaible and displayed at the borders !
    the cortoriacenses in Belgica secunda and the Marcomanni honoriani seniores in Pannonia ...

Finally a little bit more cavalry for this project !
    Now introducing the equites primi gallicani !

I don't know if anyone is still interested (after all, i guess we can count on fingers of one hand the number of visitor here nowadays, but here is my last unit : 56 new Ioviani seniores, the most senior legio of the Empire.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast