Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For Crown and Anvil: A Guide to the Kingdom of the Dwarves

Default Re: For Crown and Anvil: A Guide to the Kingdom of the Dwarves

Alright, this is a bit weird. Guess I have to correct myself.

The weapon upgrade for hirelings in dwarven homelands stopped working in my campaign. I'm confused now. I have no idea, what triggered it in the first place. The two beginning hireling units from Narag Zigil don't have any upgrades at game start. At some point in time, they got +3 weapon. I don't know when exactly this happened though, just assumed that it came from the mithril armoury. I didn't expand in that region so far, so there was no weaponsmith around to retrain them.
    I will check some other saved games and see what happens there, but as the upgrade was never intended, my comment about usefulness is invalid then.

Edit: In a different campaign it still works. Just retrained a bunch of un-upgraded Hireling Dale Longbowmen in Erebor and they got +3 armour and weapon each. I don't get it.
    Last edited by Dáin II; December 05, 2016 at 04:23 PM.

Strange, thanks for reporting. Are you using the automated settlement options, so that units retrain automatically?

I haven't noticed this issue, but my last Dwarven campaign was rather unusual (I colonized Harad rather than playing in Barding lands), so I wasn't doing much retraining in that part of the world.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

To be honest, I didn't put that much attention to the OoL trait yet and governed everything myself. Watched episode 3 from Webba's Rohan LP today though and saw the difference it made, so I will take that into account when continuing my campaigns. I had not planned to let them retrain and build themselves though. But if choosing the taxrate is making them happier and more valuable they shall have it.
    Once I have time to start another dwarven campaign I'm gonna try to keep an eye on that issue, but it's unlikely that I'll still manage this year.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

To be completely honest Dain, I don't pay much attention to OoL myself, generally if you just play well it will be manageable for the entire campaign (especially due to the rebellion mechanic not being implemented). I'm paying a bit more attention to it here for the purposes of showing players care more about that side of things, since a little micromanagement can go a long way there if you what the variables are.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123