Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ancient Empires Gameplay Guide (AEGG)

Default Re: Ancient Empires Gameplay Guide (AEGG)

sweet idea, beautiful presentation, just some minor stuff to clarify or clean up but well done sir!

Thanks spindel, I'll take a look and hopefully get some tidying up done after release
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

No problem glad to be able to participate really

I read that units will be routing with many more men alive, which makes sense, as you want to retreat before being slaughtered not afterwards.

It's realistic, it should work well in open field.

But will this work in sieges?

I assume the defenders must have some huge morale bonuses otherwise a garrisoned city could be lost easily and the entire army destroyed because they won't be able to retreat on the campaign map after a defeat!
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Yeah defenders have a decent morale boost. Makes sieges very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Yeah defenders have a decent morale boost. Makes sieges very difficult.
    Nice, I'm stoked about this, can't wait for the campaign.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

If only I understood all the mechanics of this mod, I could probably help you guys out making a gameplay guide format... If you would like my help with the design later, we could probably work something out.

If you want an indication of my earlier work, you can find my Star Trek Online metagame guide right here.

If you want to help that would be great, I'll happily let you start where I left off. If you want to know the game mechanics either message me or we can jump on the AE discord chat and just chat for 10+ minutes about everything you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    If you want to help that would be great, I'll happily let you start where I left off. If you want to know the game mechanics either message me or we can jump on the AE discord chat and just chat for 10+ minutes about everything you don't understand.
    I'll mess around with some idea's. What's the AE discord? I might have some questions later.

Also, if you happened to know this, do you know the typeface used for the Ancient Empires title? Looks like Trajan but I'm not sure.

update please, its been a while

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrillian View Post
    I'll mess around with some idea's. What's the AE discord? I might have some questions later.

Also, if you happened to know this, do you know the typeface used for the Ancient Empires title? Looks like Trajan but I'm not sure.
    AE Discord https://discord.gg/4VWkEHK

I can't quite remember but I can send you anything you need from our promotional files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12