Thread: Modified descr_strat CTDs with BI exe but not RTW

Default Modified descr_strat CTDs with BI exe but not RTW

I've modified my descr_strat to give the Julii faction every Roman settlement, thereby making them the only Roman faction (along with the Senate superfaction, which I do want to keep). I've also moved the other faction's generals to the side a bit so the settlements are empty. I plan on a more sophisticated method later, but this is fine for now.

Anyway, this has always worked fine with RTW 1.2. I made a new version using RTW/BI 1.6's desc_strat for RTW. It works great with the updated RTW exe. However, I've been playing with the BI exe to take advantage of the better AI--and while the BI exe works fine with the Imperial Campaign, it crashes to the desktop every single time with this modded descr_strat. I find it odd that RTW's exe is fine with it, but BI isn't.

I'm attaching my descr_strat here in case that helps anyone guess why this is so.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: Modified descr_strat CTDs with BI exe but not RTW

If you want to kill off the other Roman factions, so they show up as rebels when you start the game, you must remove 'superfaction romans_senate' from under their name in Descr_strat. Also, you cannot have the Senate in the game if they have no settlement. You give them 'Latium'...which is the region they always have. A hard crash to desktop when trying to load 'descr_strat.txt' is ALWAYS a coding error that causes a major clash in the script (two factions having the same region) or a configuration involving the factions that the game don't like. Also make sure you're using -show_err in your shortcut, and that you delete map.rwm every time you change Descr_strat.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father