Thread: Turning Camp into Settlement

Default Turning Camp into Settlement

Hello guys, congrats and thanks for this outstandig mod,

I was wondering if and how it is possible to convert Nomadic Camps into settlements playing as SPQR, Karthago or Parthians. I tried to edit the ebd file with notepad++ but it still seems impossible to do. Is there something Im missing? If it it possible can you give a detailed instruction how to convert camps? Thank you

Default Re: Turning Camp into Settlement

Of that list, only the Parthians can convert camps by default, and only those camps which are actually convertible (not all of them are). You have to build Nomadic Farms (smashing Herds) and let the culture level drop. Works faster if you don't have your most influential FM in the settlement.

If you edit the EDB, you need to delete your map.rwm and start a new campaign for the changes to take effect. It will not work for saved games.

I dont think its possible. I have a few in my Rome campaign and they just stay as camps.

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    I dont think its possible. I have a few in my Rome campaign and they just stay as camps.
    That's because the Romans can't convert camps. Only the nomadic factions, plus the Bosporans can.

There's not much in camps worth grabbing as the Romans. Camp conversion is more useful for those powers that are in regions dominated by camps.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Depends on the camp; some of them have constructible gold mines or other goodies which provide good income to even a non-converting faction . Siga is one example within the traditional Roman sphere of influence(assuming you/the AI conquers that far) which has these gold mines. Camp conversion is useful for every faction, in theory--it's just that most factions can't convert. The few factions which can convert, can only convert certain regional(usually nearby to their starting position) camps with a mixed resource.

Here's how you edit it to where every faction converts:

1) Download Notepad++
    2) Back up export_descr_buildings
    3) Open NP++, search for castle
    4) There is a small list for factions. Change it to all
    5) Go to nomadfarms, add gov_allied to requirements
    6) Try playing as Ptolemaioi, conquer Rekem, destroy Elite Herds building, build farms
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102