Thread: Opening unit models from Shogun2 doesn't work in UU3D???Even with plugin.

Default Opening unit models from Shogun2 doesn't work in UU3D???Even with plugin.

Hi guys,
    I don't know why, but I can't open the unit rigid models in UU3D and/or with milkshape.
    Yes I have the "etw" plugin inside the UU3D plugins folder end yes I have python 2.7 for milkshape.
    It's the first that happens.
    I have UU3D Pro (32 bit) and milkshape 1.85.
    Any suggestion and help???

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Opening unit models from Shogun2 doesn't work in UU3D???Even with plugin.

What models do you try to open ?
    Do you have update UU3d and/or ETW plugin ?

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Default Re: Opening unit models from Shogun2 doesn't work in UU3D???Even with plugin.

Hey Wangrin, long time no see.
    Sorry about the post, made a mistake. I opened the wrong one.
    Thanks.

Patrician Artifex

Yep, nice to see you here again

We have some news about models_naval tables , look at [Resource] Examining models_naval tables and CA's ship model, especially post #110.
    Tool is intended to work with ETW and NTW too.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Yes, I saw it.
    Can it be used for ships and buildings for Shogun 2?

Patrician Artifex

Yes, it was developed first for TWS2 based on researches helped by ship models provided by CA.

Did someone already had chance to create a new (modified) ship and/or building?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Yes, Buildings are no big problem, ships allow only minor modifications atm, like placing new cannons. Look for theyogis mod for ships on the steam workshop.

Hmmm, only minor modifications on the ship. The tools we have are not enough (yet) to create an entire new ship, right?

Patrician Artifex

The tool convert models_naval tables to xml file format.
    But most of date are 3d coordinates, and it is silly to try to manually modify them.
    We would need a tool to convert these data into 3d objects (.dae or .fbx file format) to allow to modify them using 3d modeling software such as 3ds max.

I know. To bad that CA didn't create one.

Hey Guys ! i have some Units give a new skin in the unit-editor. ( Kyoto Police, Bow Kachi and some more ) the are now more amored like samurais. But if i saved the skins and overwrite them nothing happens. in the game the look like "vanilla outfits". whta make i wrong ?
    Sry about my english. Iam german

Quote Originally Posted by templer36 View Post
    Hey Guys ! i have some Units give a new skin in the unit-editor. ( Kyoto Police, Bow Kachi and some more ) the are now more amored like samurais. But if i saved the skins and overwrite them nothing happens. in the game the look like "vanilla outfits". whta make i wrong ?
    Sry about my english. Iam german
    Did you add them in a modded a.pack file? Otherwise there will be no changes in game.