Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Regiments of American Revolutionary War 1775 -1783

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: Regiments of American Revolutionary War 1775 -1783

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoit8 View Post
    Sure, it would be great if you could make the necessary adjustments so that there is a compatibility sub-mod.
    Works with the Causa Belli, the Darthmod sub-mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...inor-Factions)
    Download the following
    https://mega.nz/#!uF1xAawR!lZKpBXqhN...vAmMIU7XTxk32M

Instructions - download and unzip the files (assumes you have both DME and Causa Belli installed)

You will have 5 files
    AR cavalry_V4.pack
    AR main_FINAL V2.pack
    KV_rules_mod_5.pack
    mod_no_vanilla_equip_V2.pack
    cb_localisation.pack

The first4 files should be unzipped into your ETW/data folder (normally - C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data )
    The last file cb_localisation should be placed in C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\DME\Subs\Causa_Belli

The last file contains the unit descriptions, without your units will not have names.

Finally in the DME menu you need to do the following:-
    Sub-mods Causa Belli
    Then edit - user_script and manually add the following (press the Update user_script button after entering each line)
    AR cavalry_V4
    AR main_FINAL V2
    KV_rules_mod_5
    mod_no_vanilla_equip_V2

Press close, then Attack in bottom right of screen
    There is one unit card that I need to fix (it shows red which indicates a conflict that I need to trace), should anyone see anything else or experience any issues please just let me know

Please make sure you rep JustDoIt8 for his excellent work
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    Works with the Causa Belli, the Darthmod sub-mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...inor-Factions)
    Download the following
    https://mega.nz/#!uF1xAawR!lZKpBXqhN...vAmMIU7XTxk32M

Instructions - download and unzip the files (assumes you have both DME and Causa Belli installed)

You will have 5 files
    AR cavalry_V4.pack
    AR main_FINAL V2.pack
    KV_rules_mod_5.pack
    mod_no_vanilla_equip_V2.pack
    cb_localisation.pack

The first4 files should be unzipped into your ETW/data folder (normally - C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data )
    The last file cb_localisation should be placed in C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\DME\Subs\Causa_Belli

The last file contains the unit descriptions, without your units will not have names.

Finally in the DME menu you need to do the following:-
    Sub-mods Causa Belli
    Then edit - user_script and manually add the following (press the Update user_script button after entering each line)
    AR cavalry_V4
    AR main_FINAL V2
    KV_rules_mod_5
    mod_no_vanilla_equip_V2

Press close, then Attack in bottom right of screen
    There is one unit card that I need to fix (it shows red which indicates a conflict that I need to trace), should anyone see anything else or experience any issues please just let me know

Please make sure you rep JustDoIt8 for his excellent work
    Hello and THANK YOU for making this work. however im still having an issue with it. i have the units in game. but they still will not have names. also the unit stats are different. for instance cannon rages were set to 800-900 and now they are 400-450. and for units all the ranges have been set to 100 instead of the 110. im curious as to wich file contains that information. i looked in the MAIN V2 pack but i didnt and found the unit stats, but i didnt see anything for ranges. i really want the stats to be reset to the normal DME version. P.s. the names might not be showing up for me because i am using the AUM mod with CB as well. i hope i gave you enough information to know what im talking about =D

Quote Originally Posted by KILLSHOT187 View Post
    Hello and THANK YOU for making this work. however im still having an issue with it. i have the units in game. but they still will not have names. also the unit stats are different. for instance cannon rages were set to 800-900 and now they are 400-450. and for units all the ranges have been set to 100 instead of the 110. im curious as to wich file contains that information. i looked in the MAIN V2 pack but i didnt and found the unit stats, but i didnt see anything for ranges. i really want the stats to be reset to the normal DME version. P.s. the names might not be showing up for me because i am using the AUM mod with CB as well. i hope i gave you enough information to know what im talking about =D
    Hi Killshot, and no problem

When you update the User_script try leaving out the file KV_rules_mod_5

In terms of the names can you just check the date of the file CB localization? that you have in your main game data folder.

I have tweaked the AR packs a little further to enable them to be recruited in the USA Campaign, from 1700 in Causa Belli 2.3. (these have not been loaded up yet)

1st Image should show the Campaign, second image is a custom battle, 3rd is the CB2.3 Custom Launcher

I will make a few additional tweaks to bring build times etc., in line with DME
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160511174922_1.jpg   20160511174750_1.jpg   CB2.3 USA.jpg  
    Last edited by ♔hammeredalways♔; May 11, 2016 at 12:02 PM.
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Laetus

Hi Killshot, and no problem

In terms of the names can you just check the date of the file CB localization? that you have in your main game data folder.

I have tweaked the AR packs a little further to enable them to be recruited in the USA Campaign, from 1700 in Causa Belli 2.3. (these have not been loaded up yet)

1st Image should show the Campaign, second image is a custom battle, 3rd is the CB2.3 Custom Launcher

I will make a few additional tweaks to bring build times etc., in line with DME

Thank you very much for the imput. after messing around with things i actually did get the names to work yesterday morning. now the only issue is the changed unit stats. but again thank you for the help =)

Laetus

I left the rules out and its working just how i want it to. im more then ecstatic. thank you!

Can you make this compatible with Imperial Destroyer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kepuli View Post
    Can you make this compatible with Imperial Destroyer?
    If you check the changes that Lordsith makes with ID, you should be able to download and make any edits (if there are any). He uses quite a few of our other Causa Belli packs already within ID

Uh it still not for campaign,am i rite?

Will this work with TAR mod??

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

does this work with AUM?

or for that matter does it work without Darth Mod? can i use it stand alone?
    Last edited by Pope Gregorius I; August 07, 2016 at 06:40 PM.
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Civis

NO, this mod is great but I cant get it to work with other mods.

Hello my name is Marks, http://steamcommunity.com/id/timewasterFTW/

I am the creator and texture artist for the Modification for M&B called Whigs and Tories. You who ever you are I believe have used our textures/models now I dont recall you asking me so please add me on steam so we can work this out. I'd like you to remove your link to this mod for the time being which is only fair as it's not your work.

A quick reply and an add on steam would be great, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MarksWaT View Post
    Hello my name is Marks, http://steamcommunity.com/id/timewasterFTW/

I am the creator and texture artist for the Modification for M&B called Whigs and Tories. You who ever you are I believe have used our textures/models now I dont recall you asking me so please add me on steam so we can work this out. I'd like you to remove your link to this mod for the time being which is only fair as it's not your work.

A quick reply and an add on steam would be great, thanks.
    Hello, Marks.

I see zero similarities when it comes to models and textures in our mods.
    I've modified the vanilla ETW models and created my content for publicly available version 1 of my mod.
    Some equipment pieces are made by Flikitos and wangrin. I have their permission.

You have no moral right to accuse of stealing content without even presenting side-by side comparison. Download the mod, look at the models/textures and you will see that they are very different.

Thus, the link will not be removed.
    Last edited by HighOnTea; August 10, 2016 at 04:22 AM.
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Can some one please tell me how I can actually DOWNLOAD the mod I can never find were

Quote Originally Posted by StaffSargeant20 View Post
    Can some one please tell me how I can actually DOWNLOAD the mod I can never find were
    Sure, here is the moddb link.
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Ok so I answered my own question by downloading the mod and I LOVE these units.

my new question is this: since these units have different spacing and range and lethality and morale, and fire full company volleys, what mod are they designed for? It's weird to have them fighting alongside other units in campaign or against units in any other mode from other factions since they function totally differently.

in short; are they designed to be used with a specific other mod that makes all units in step with them?
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Gregorius I View Post
    Ok so I answered my own question by downloading the mod and I LOVE these units.

my new question is this: since these units have different spacing and range and lethality and morale, and fire full company volleys, what mod are they designed for? It's weird to have them fighting alongside other units in campaign or against units in any other mode from other factions since they function totally differently.

in short; are they designed to be used with a specific other mod that makes all units in step with them?
    I originally designed the mod to be stand-alone. Unit stats and sub mods in combination are only good when playing US vs GB.Reason -seeing these units alongside vanilla is killing me! So, I am planning to add Spanish and French units and integrate the unit pack into campaign. Even later I want to make it compatible with other mods like Darth mod.

Do my next question is; which file governs spacing and volley fire?

So I can avoid installing it and just have the units themselves. If that's even possible.

Sorry if im being dumb but will this work with campaign now or does it have to be made compatible?

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoit8 View Post
    I originally designed the mod to be stand-alone. Unit stats and sub mods in combination are only good when playing US vs GB.Reason -seeing these units alongside vanilla is killing me! So, I am planning to add Spanish and French units and integrate the unit pack into campaign. Even later I want to make it compatible with other mods like Darth mod.
    Will you reskining the sailors crew and admirals on the ships of the United States, Great Britain, Spain and France too?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast