Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition for Caucasian States Culture Pack

Default Re: Petition for Caucasian States Culture Pack

I also support this idea. Right now Caucasian factions are in the same state Celts were at release or Slavs were until the last dlc. Persian Caucasians is no less ridiculous than nordic Celts were.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

We just must show that the community is ready to buy this DLC. Then CA will make it. As it was for Celts and Slavs.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan the Great View Post
    We just must show that the community is ready to buy this DLC. Then CA will make it. As it was for Celts and Slavs.
    I agree. The Total War community should show that we still want more Attila content. CA will unhesitatingly create a new DLC. However based on what I've mostly seen in the forums, people are more hyped about Warhammer, which makes the chance for a DLC slim. A lot of people seem to be drawing the line for the support for Attila at the Slavs DLC and patch. I hope this doesn't shun the historical players like us...

The TW Attila Factions page still shows next faction coming soon. So don't give up your hopes on the Caucasian DLC and just pester CA to give us what we desire.Just fill this thread with more replies and let your voices heard.As for which factions should be represented in the Caucasian Culture pack I think Armenia, Lazica and Kartli would make the most feasible choice.

If Warhammer will not sell as well as Sega expects, and the next game based on the history will go on steam in a few years, in which case it is very likely that Sega will want to compensate the loss of money by releasing the next dlc for Atilla TW.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Tannhäuser View Post
    If Warhammer will not sell as well as Sega expects, and the next game based on the history will go on steam in a few years, in which case it is very likely that Sega will want to compensate the loss of money by releasing the next dlc for Atilla TW.
    First at all it is not Sega which decides what and how many dlc's are going to be released, but CA alone. Second i really dont think we have to worry about Warhammer selling bad. I heard that even the pre-orders were ridiculous high, so CA's tactic with keeping back the Chaos faction worked perfectly well, even when a small amount of people started to relase a shirtstorm on them since that trailer. The dislikes and comments on Youtube are only from a tiny amout of the TW fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    First at all it is not Sega which decides what and how many dlc's are going to be released, but CA alone. Second i really dont think we have to worry about Warhammer selling bad. I heard that even the pre-orders were ridiculous high, so CA's tactic with keeping back the Chaos faction worked perfectly well, even when a small amount of people started to relase a shirtstorm on them since that trailer. The dislikes and comments on Youtube are only from a tiny amout of the TW fanbase.
    Firstly, I do not care about selling Warhammer Total War. Secondly, I do not care about the comments on youtube.com. I'm just trying to imagine a situation when the continuation of support for Attila TW will be really profitable for CA or Sega.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Tannhäuser View Post
    Firstly, I do not care about selling Warhammer Total War. Secondly, I do not care about the comments on youtube.com. I'm just trying to imagine a situation when the continuation of support for Attila TW will be really profitable for CA or Sega.
    Yes, and i just gave you the information that Warhammer will sell well, so if CA will produce further dlc's for Attila then certainly not because of a strict need for money.

Warhammer will not be sell well, CA still lies to us, they told us, long ago, Chaos will be in the triology, but not in the first game, now is a DLC for day 1 (yes, the main faction in Warhammer is a DLC), Bretonnia will no be in the first game, now we can see Bretonnia in each campagin video from CA, plus the amount of bugs will ahve the game (Attila and Rome 2 have bugged and unfinished animations, rosters, factions... so imagine Warhammer with air units, cannons, different skeletons...). There is still one faction without ANY information, 4 playable factions for a game, first (six months before release) DLC already done (second and third almost, Im pretty sure), and what with this faction? Unfinish?

And more important, GW dont like these politics, in no one of their games, just look DoW or Space Marine, or any of their games with DLC, thery are TRULLY new content, new races, new armies, new characters... not cut the game, they already stopped the "first dawn of war", now called Starcraft (that's the reason why both gamess are similar between each other), because unfinish content and poor quallity. Plus the non modding support, "is because GW", sorry but not, I modded a lot of Warhammer (both fantasy and 40,000) games, all their games support mods, maybe not with tools or workshop, but you can mod everything, in fact the miniatures base game is like modding, just free imagination to make whatever you want.

If Warhammer finally is a unfinish game, cut a lot for DLC's... GW will not support more games, we can be pretty sure about that. Warhammer is a dangerous project, and CA is taking the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    Yes, and i just gave you the information that Warhammer will sell well, so if CA will produce further dlc's for Attila then certainly not because of a strict need for money.
    I was more thinking that they will not reach the planned revenue assumed in the business plan. So, if a company spends on the production of the game $ 1 million and the expected revenue is $ 1.7 million, the profit is $ 700,000. When income is $ 1.5 million, this means that the profit is lower by $ 200,000. We can say that $ 500,000 is a profit, but whether it will satisfy the heads of the company? In this case, there is additional content for the new game or support for older games. Unlocking several factions and sell them as dlc is not too much effort for an experienced team.

@Hassassins Maybe I'm too cynical, but to quote Dr. Gregory House I would say: Everyone lies. Lie, or rather not telling the whole truth is part of the business. The trick is to deceive the deceiver. I almost always buy every game with a discount of 75% (except Attila TW), and this is my small victory
    Last edited by Mattias Tannhäuser; February 29, 2016 at 07:00 AM.

Just look at this men, isn't this job great? Why CA can not make so good DLC's in so short time periods, while a men like Avetis can do this alone and for free?
    Armenia Between Two worlds version_2. Featuring AOR for Caucasus.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...v-2&p=14869179

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Just look at this men, isn't this job great? Why CA can not make so good DLC's in so short time periods, while a men like Avetis can do this alone and for free?
    That's not really a fair comparison mate. I work as an editor/travel writer for a city portal website. Generally speaking, work is hectic, there are always various ideas flying around, and sometimes the next day the team might decide to go in a completely different direction. It makes it very hard for me to enjoy writing and to think creatively while I am in the office. However, when I am at home, and I have the time to sit down and really put my thoughts to pen and paper in peace, I do some of my best writing as a freelancer.

I remember a year or two ago some random/anonymous CA employee posted his feelings about working there online. "The pay is great, blah blah blah...it's pretty lain back..." but what stood out for me mostly was "...but our games could be so much better." I'm sure that there are people at Creative Assembly throwing some awesome ideas around, but since it's a professional work environment...there's a lot to consider beyond just being creative/historical.
    Last edited by Darios; March 01, 2016 at 12:06 AM. Reason: I'm a :wub: writer
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Agreed. While they're at it, maybe change the mongoloid looking sarmatians into...sarmatians, and a patch to stop representing the white huns and huns as all mongoloid.

Quote Originally Posted by drbehemothjr View Post
    Agreed. While they're at it, maybe change the mongoloid looking sarmatians into...sarmatians, and a patch to stop representing the white huns and huns as all mongoloid.
    Yeah, it's utterly retarded, especially as the Antes really have to deal with the Roxolani nowadays. I don't get why CA fixed the Alani but did not touch the Iazyges or Roxolani. It's so weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    I'm sure that there are people at Creative Assembly throwing some awesome ideas around, but since it's a professional work environment...there's a lot to consider beyond just being creative/historical.
    Are you serious? That was the most not convincing reasoning I have ever heard.))) It is obvious that either the management or the developers do their job bad, maybe the both. But this is not the thing I shall care about. The fact is that their products quality is lower than many developers' ones. SO...
    Last edited by Vardan the Great; March 05, 2016 at 10:46 AM.

I have seen his job and Avetis has crafted the Armenian faction in his mod in an incredibly good manner, this is the best faction mod for Attila TW so far. I think CA could use it for the future Caucasian DLC, that is not very hard to do three more factions alongside with Armenia (three main factions and one FLC) full with the Caucasian units, which will be shared by all four factions and some more units unique for the each factions will make them very different, so keep working CA. I would suggest every fan of Attila TW to play this mod.

Once again the great job for Avetis and I hope to see the CA to finish this part of the map as Caucasia, Armenia, Media Atropatene and Sarmatia Asiaticae have no playable native factions at all and 5 very important factions from the 4th-5th cc. AD are left without any attention with unhistorical Persian roster, names, culture, religon etc.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Quote Originally Posted by huascar View Post
    Now that the Slavic Nations Culture Pack is on the horizon the only Culture Pack that seems to be missing and which will complete Attila in terms of cultural diversity is the Caucasian States culture pack. Speculations have been high that Slavic Dlc is gonna be the last DLC for Attila and TW Warhammer will be out within 2-3 months. So it is highly unlikely that CA will continue to provide support for Attila. So I demand CA release a Caucasian States Culture Pack with Armenia, Lazica & Kartli playable rather than letting them to be generic copy-paste Sassanid unit wielding insignificant factions. Cmon TW fans let your voices be heard.
    I support the petition!

Caucasian culture is unique and very original from others. Amrenia, Kartli and Lazica... one of them first states adopted Christianity (Armenia - 301AD, Karlti - 319AD, Lazica in 450-500 AD), they have original Alphabet and it's very hard and excitement to living between two major powers - Rome and Sasanid Empires.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

I'm on the verge of having to use Sassanid units for the third time to represent Caucasian factions in my AAR. I can't hold my breath, but this really would have made the game complete for me.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Lugotorix View Post
    I can't hold my breath, but this really would have made the game complete for me.
    Agreed. The "Persian" Caucasians are really the last major remaining "hole" in Attila for me.

I have to admit that it is a third time I am in Caucasus and I am so excited to be here especially in the mountainous region, you can find almost everything here amazing nature, culture, historical monuments... just everything. The Caucasian culture definitely deserves to be represented in ATW that is for sure! Do CA stuff work for CSC? I did not heard nothing yet...
    ah, come on guys, this thread needs huge revival, we need to tell' em that we want to see this culture pack coming out soon!
    I did and I have played Desert Kingdoms culture pack recently but I do not know...Nabatea was the most interesting, as for the rest Kingdom of Saba resembles Himyar from Empires of Send, and Kingdom of Kush was positioned in the land close to Aksum those two are not that much different. Masaesyli are placed in the same area like Garamantians in ATW, but they are more interesting to play in compare to Garamantians from ATW. For me it is seems that The Empires of Sand of ATW and The Desert Kingdoms Culture Pack of R2TW were way more similar than expected in terms of gameplay and difficulty. FLC was interesting something similar CA could do with ATW, but first of all we need Caucasian states culture pack with all those unplayable faction in ATW or even in R2TW - Armenia, Kartli, Arran, Lazica and Abasgia. I remember only Armenia was playable in R2TW but that was boring and here in ATW Armenia is completely Persian which is unbelievable and completely out of realism, this I would say, the most interesting region of the map is fully Persian while the total historical and cultural context is ignored, I have read a lot about Caucasus and they have such a rich history, really want to know more about Caucasian history of Attila's period and to try my hands and build my own Caucasian Empire in this game. The most interesting is Kartli and its legendary king Vakhtang Gorgasali who was a founder of Tbilisi in the 5th century and I have heard a lot of stories on Vakhtang. That is exactly the game is about... if CA would put Vakhtang Gorgasali's persona in the game that would be awesome. The Caucasian are the game needs most.
    I know a lot has been said about CA policy to release only those DLCs that will bring a lot of money and that so many R2TW DLCs work for this purpose, but despite that fact I think that CA should support Caucasian states culture pack and with this pack I wish to see Red Huns appearing from the East, just an idea about FLC. I do not think they would make female character FLC for ATW.

Please let get more serious diversity in our favorite TW games, ATW must be farther supported! CA, we hope you hear our appeal, community will support it I am truly confident about all ATW fans support.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast