Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Eagles General Discussion Thread

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Rise of the Eagles General Discussion Thread

Neat work

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hi all specially @sirlion! Im here with some of unique interesting historical pics about Qajarid dynasty in Napoleonic era:

So, Im ready to help for further versions of this mod to be a great mod of the time, Im ready to help for other factions also, Im not a very good modder of med2 but i can do somethings If there's a team Im ready to join then.
    Also i know some med2 modders i think they can help for text editing & campaign editing & scripting, i work by geomod tool for campaign edition & unit editor tool for units works, i just weak with modelling specially texturing & animating & scripting but however i know them well.
    Last edited by asadyan; July 23, 2018 at 01:12 PM.

Good to know, thank you for the images and the proposal, this will be very useful. As you may have guessed right now it's only me, plus some local help here on the MTW2 board. At the moment the campaign map is the biggest concern. I'll probably report on it during the next month, for now I'm reorganizing the 3D models and textures. I'll start work on Persia after I've finished the italian states.
    You could help with unit descriptions for now. Units lack long and short descriptions.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Good to know, thank you for the images and the proposal, this will be very useful. As you may have guessed right now it's only me, plus some local help here on the MTW2 board. At the moment the campaign map is the biggest concern. I'll probably report on it during the next month, for now I'm reorganizing the 3D models and textures. I'll start work on Persia after I've finished the italian states.
    You could help with unit descriptions for now. Units lack long and short descriptions.
    Very cool mate! perhaps u wanna create a dev group in discord to collect a team firstly for who wanna assist in this mod & secondly for share our data programming plans & suggestions & thirdly for testing betas & more aims, I can help in campaign programming & editing also I have some guys may join us in this mod, I'll ask them then, the main probs are animations & scriptings but im sure we could pass them too

I prefer to add just the right amount of people for the job at hand. I have a task I need done, I told you what it is, do not worry about the rest because I have it under control. There is no need for a big group that will likely dissolve in years and years of development. I am a person that does things, and goes straight to the point. My motto would be "do, or dont". Therefore, if you have anyone capable of doing unit descriptions, please report him to me via PM. We will discuss there. Otherwise, just providing images will be fine for now.
    My Mods and Projects

- Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures

I prefer to add just the right amount of people for the job at hand. I have a task I need done, I told you what it is, do not worry about the rest because I have it under control. There is no need for a big group that will likely dissolve in years and years of development. I am a person that does things, and goes straight to the point. My motto would be "do, or dont". Therefore, if you have anyone capable of doing unit descriptions, please report him to me via PM. We will discuss there. Otherwise, just providing images will be fine for now.
    ok i know what u mean mate ive experience in dissolving group unfortunately, but as u know posting here is hard & we need somewhere else to discuss & report our works easier, anyway ive napoleonic tw2 mod it can help me for descriptions well its just a copy paste & edit if necessary, i'll bring who wanna help us as far as i can, however we both can go forward well, which images u need to be provided?

Quote Originally Posted by asadyan View Post
    ok i know what u mean mate ive experience in dissolving group unfortunately, but as u know posting here is hard & we need somewhere else to discuss & report our works easier, anyway ive napoleonic tw2 mod it can help me for descriptions well its just a copy paste & edit if necessary, i'll bring who wanna help us as far as i can, however we both can go forward well, which images u need to be provided?
    I have sent you a PM.

Copy-paste is the first sign of lazyness. Dont do that. EVER. Especially from other mods without consent. NEVER EVER do that.
    My Mods and Projects

Just to let people know, I havent gone anywhere and the project is still going. However, I have major problems with the campaign map and I cannot resolve a couple of crashes despite rolling back my changes. I've been at it for months, quite literally. Between real life issues and modding constraints I keep hitting walls.
    I am currently forced to ask for support from any mapper willing to give this a shot. Just drop me a PM and we will talk. In the meantime, I will finish the main factions' rosters at the very least and have an update up by the end of the current year.
    My Mods and Projects

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

I'd ask Gigantus.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Just to let people know, I havent gone anywhere and the project is still going. However, I have major problems with the campaign map and I cannot resolve a couple of crashes despite rolling back my changes. I've been at it for months, quite literally. Between real life issues and modding constraints I keep hitting walls.
    I am currently forced to ask for support from any mapper willing to give this a shot. Just drop me a PM and we will talk. In the meantime, I will finish the main factions' rosters at the very least and have an update up by the end of the current year.
    Glad to hear it, hope you solve the issue.

Let us know, I'm still willing to have cooperation with you in this mod and wanna see the Qajarid Sultanate faction , I've done the units descriptions and unit cards, and I think I can do something about the Qajarid 2D and 3D arts

Ok, I am FINALLY going somewhere, it seems. This will be one big map when I'm done with it, that's for sure

Praise the gods of Patience and Resilience because I had to remake it a second time almost from scratch due to GeoMod accidentally destroying half of my files (which were in part corrupted anyway). I was almost giving up.
    My Mods and Projects

Very impressive. Well done!

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Looks really good, nicely done!

So, some good news for once. I've discovered a little utility program that can convert Hammer Editor's map format into 3D data readable by Milkshape3D.
    For those of you that dont know, Hammer is the level editor used for Half Life modding, which is my bread and butter. This means that now I can create stuff much faster and better with a lot more details and precise texturing work, and just export it back to .cas. Battle maps in particular will benefit from this a lot.

For now I confirmed that it works by changing 3D model for cities and large cities. Dont mind the banner it will be updated shortly.

My Mods and Projects

Hmmm the geography is a bit

Care to elaborate? I'm no geographic expert but I did follow multiple maps. Point out the flaws and I'll fix them
    My Mods and Projects

Trento needs to be more west, Venice near the coast where Padua is. Rouen needs to be closer to Caen, Burgos more east and the Pyrenees are missing. There are even more inaccuracies but can't list them right now.

Merry Christmas and happy Holidays folks. Thanks for following this mod's progress.

Recently I had a pretty scary halt due to a couple of fatal errors and I was swimming in a serious swamp. A little miracle happened tho, and I'm therefore back in business. I'll start backing things up daily now, I'm getting paranoid.

New progress on the campaign map. I've spent the last weeks polishing, fixing borders and positions, renaming things, adding new textures and replacing climates etc. Quite an endeavour at the moment. Here's how the campaign map looks like right now

And the new textures on the battle map. I'll gradually add new models and props as well, learning as I go. I want maps to be as detailed as possible while also feeling natural and as close as possible to NTW's quality.

You can see some of the new tree textures in this one as well

And that would be all for this year. I'll see you in 2019.
    My Mods and Projects

Work on the campaign map and battle map environment continues. Today I focused on skydomes. I tried to make them more realistic and in line with NTW \ S2TW's standards. There's still work to be done but I'm pretty satisfied with the results at the moment. I think the atmosphere has improved.

When I'll be done with the skyes I'll focus on vegetation. Then I'll move on practical things such as adding trading resources and properly editing the regions' development.
    My Mods and Projects