Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Endhammer, a Warhammer Fantasy Setting Proposal (Forum Discussion)

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: A Future Warhammer Fantasy Setting (Forum Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoise Groudon View Post
    If anyone likes for me to draw a picture of their characters let me know. I can draw it according to what you like to see.
    That's awesome man! And welcome.

@bob
    LMs got a lot on his plate. I'm sure he'll be bringing stuff to the table when he's able.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

So what's the situation in Endhammer supposed to be like?
    How did the Endtimes supposed to go down? Everyone crushed by hordes of chaos (Skaven being one of the first waves, right? the "Vermintide")?

And how does Endhammer explore an alternative history? How did they survive the Endtimes?

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

This explains it in detail. But basically they retcon the entire destruction of the world, chaos is sent back but the world as it was known is in shambles. The Lustria has been torn asunder into chains of islands, Naggaroth is a burnt husk overrun with chaos, large parts of the Empire and Bretonnia have been taken over by beastmen and Norscans, Kislev is a burnt shell that is pretty much all "troll country" but the natives still fight on, Orcs (under Grimgor) have destroyed much of Cathay, the Ogres have been trashed but are still kicking though the Mountains of Mourn are a volcanic cesspit, many cities in Tilea and Estalia have been liberated by Bretonnians that now lay claim to the land while many refuges move to the ruins of Lustria in search of wealth, the Chaos dwarves have lost key parts of their empire and lots of man power, the regular dwarves have fled to the grey mountains and plan a return to Karaz-a-Karak, Ind is overrun with beastmen, vamps have rejoined the empire, Albion is in ruins, Araby is down and out though a few survive, Ulthuan is sunk beneath the sea, the lizardmen flee to the southlands from Lustria to save their civilization, surviving elves sit in Athel Loren trying to decide what to do now that their homes are destroyed/some kind of civil war(never cared much for elven lore). Not much else I don't think.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; March 01, 2016 at 12:02 AM.

I like the vampire counts, but I don't really like the von Carsteins much (mostly because I don't want to roleplay as an immortal, major character in the Warhammer lore, especially ones as annoyingly never-ending like Mannfred and Vlad..)

Indefinitely Banned

Would you guys include other fractions like the Lizardmen and Orcs&Goblins?

Bobington's Avatar Ordinarius
    You illuminaterz wont find nuthin bout me!

Lizardmen probably won't do but Orc/Goblin mercs would be very realistic.
    As God wills it.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

I will consider it, but I really want the focus to be the Empire post-End Times. So Humans, Halflings, Norscans, Kislevites, Sylvanians... that general area.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    I will consider it, but I really want the focus to be the Empire post-End Times. So Humans, Halflings, Norscans, Kislevites, Sylvanians... that general area.
    So yay or nay on Dwarf Mercenaries/Looters/Treasure Hunters?
    As God wills it.

Indefinitely Banned

I won't mind trying out as the Elector Count of Wissenland if this game moves on to the next set of stages.

Citizen

Still thinking about it Bobington.

And get in line, Blastoise, I think there are a few people who wanna be the Elector Count of Wissenland haha!

I plan to start up the next phase next week; this week has been rather harsh with work, but next week, I was promised a couple days off.

Golly I hope the answer is yes.
    As God wills it.

Indefinitely Banned

And get in line, Blastoise, I think there are a few people who wanna be the Elector Count of Wissenland haha!

I plan to start up the next phase next week; this week has been rather harsh with work, but next week, I was promised a couple days off.
    Good to hear. No issue, I can always take one of the lesser roles!

I want to a be Sylvanian vampire, but .. regardless of being a vampire or not, I think I'd like to be character trying to reconquer areas in Talabecland and Ostermark away from the scattered beastmen hordes of Archaon. Maybe an Elector Count of Talabecland?
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; March 02, 2016 at 04:32 PM.

Citizen

A lot of the ruling families from those counties, devastated due to the End Times, are extinct or clinging to life through bastards and cousins.

Instead of starting off as the Elector Count, you could be a claimant by gaining support from one of the preserved Elector Counts (or one of the three contenders). I am already planning on having available quests to gain lost Runefangs, which were lost when their Elector Count wielders died or vanished. That would help legitimize your claim for a vacant position.

That sounds fine, but how do Runefangs work and how would they be recovered?
    Could they be destroyed (I have a feeling Chaos would just destroy them, if so)?

Nope, they can't they are Runic Swords and we all know how Runes with the warp (like Tyranids in 40K)
    As God wills it.

Citizen

I explained to BF about the Dwarven magic/runes that inhabits these blades. Told him how tricky Dwarven magic is in general due to how closely guard it has been for thousands of years.

For the most part, in terms of recovery, two are known to be in Altdorf; Beast Slayer and Grudge Settler. Of those lost, there are 4 in total. One of which could be suspected to be in the hands of the Norscan Earl of Salkaten while the rest are either in the hands of Chaos bands roaming the northern parts of the Empire, lost among the ruins of their lord's households or lost on the many battlefields that dot the Empire.

To simplify them as a mechanic, Runefangs will be treated the same as VS swords from our GoT rules. They give a duel bonus (+4 to +6 is the range I am thinking).

A list of Runefangs from the wiki article on them.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. Runefang of Averland - Mothers Ruin - In the possession of the House of Leitdorf
    2. Runefang of Hochland - Goblin Bane - Lost during the End Times
    3. Runefang of Middenland - Legbiter - In the possession of Heinrich Todbringer
    4. Runefang of Nordland - Crow Feeder - Lost, probably due to the result of the actions of Theodoric Gausser (or in his possession in Marienburg)
    5. Runefang of Ostland - Brain Wounder - Likely in the possession of Valmir von Raukov, the Elector Count of Ostland (and stuck in Kislev due to being on the wrong side of the Auric Bastion when it fell), or lost.
    6. Runefang of Ostermark - Troll Cleaver - Lost during the End Times
    7. Runefang of Reikland - Dragon Tooth - In the possession of Luitpold II
    8. Runefang of Stirland - Orc Hewer - In the possession of the House of Haupt-Anderssen
    9. Runefang of Talabecland - Stone Breaker - Lost, location unknown as the last Elector-Count went missing prior to the End Times
    10. Runefang of Wissenland - Blood Bringer - In the possession of the House of von Liebtwitz
    11. Runefang of Solland - Grudge Settler
    12. Runefang of Drakwald - Beast Slayer

Grudge Settler was wielded by Kurt Helborg, so it may be in the possession of the Reikland pretender's court, or lost. Beast Slayer may be in the Imperial Armory, lost when Altdorf fell, or lost during a battle if a Imperial general was granted it to use(according to the wiki, a worthy general may be given it in times of strife).
    Last edited by Xion; March 02, 2016 at 08:56 PM.

Citizen

This is what I put down for the Runefangs
    Runefangs: 6 of the 12 remain in the hands of their respective wielders (+4 to +6 duel)
    Averland - Mothers Ruin
    Hochland - Goblin Bane (lost)
    Middenland - Legbiter
    Nordland - Crow Feeder
    Ostland - Brain Wounder (lost or with the Earl of Salkaten)
    Ostermark - Troll Cleaver (lost)
    Reikland - Dragon Tooth
    Stirland - Orc Hewer
    Talabecland - Stone Breaker (lost)
    Wissenland - Blood Bringer
    Drakwald - Beast Slayer (last known to be in Altdorf)
    Solland - Grudge Settler (last known to be in Altdorf)

I would say the last two are either still in Altdorf or in Carroburg with Luitpold.

And something else I figured out involves Ghal Maraz. Though Endhammer doesn't state what happens to the legendary weapon of the Empire and Emperor, I made up something logical. I stated that the weapon would go dormant after the death of Karl Franz. It is widely believed that the hammer of Sigmar has gone dormant until a true successor of Sigmar's Empire is crowned (so whoever becomes Emperor basically, haven't thought beyond that). So Ghal Maraz is still in the possession of Luitpold at Carroburg, since he was the son of Karl Franz, but its magic is sealed away for some unknown reason. So, for now, the weapon is housed in a Sigmarite cathedral and under the watch of Sigmar's clergy until the weapon awakens at the touch of Sigmar's true successor.

Also, would Marius Leitdorf be alive at this time? Because if I do not get to play a Dwarf I want to play that insane motherer.
    As God wills it.