Artifex

Default Re: RC 2.0 Update

Maybe next year...
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Hi Guys,

It has all been a bit problematic. About 8 months ago I contracted gangrene through a minor cut. Ended up staying in hospital for six months, almost died from blood poisoning. 15 major operations. My laptop with all the latest files had a motherboard failure prior to this and I have not yet been able to retrieve it...I hope they remember me! It was all pretty much done, just one of the campaigns was not working for some reason. Gonna go try and get it next week

Then it can be posted.

The king of historically correct fight has returned I hope you will never have year so full of health troubles.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Welcome back and I hope you are feeling better . Can't wait for the update

Welcome again Point Blank!Glad that you are well! see the new stainless steel for me and many players and if you want to improve it talk with sship developers(LIfthrasir and MWY), try this submod friend!
    SSHIP

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...roject-(SSHIP)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

On the tactical side, some changes to previously posted files will be:
    -some swung and all 2H weapons will have a larger radius, ie they will take more room to employ and be slightly less effective in close-order fighting
    -most 2H weapons +15 attack delay
    -some 2H weapons may be +1 attack -1 defense. This will apply to 'assault' type weapons, with an awareness that reduction in defense also increases vulnerability to cav charges. Such weapons may also suffer an additional heat penalty to reflect the manner in which they were used and their disadvantages in sustained melee combat
    -all axes will be non-AP

Aside from increased technical realism on as many levels as possible, the main factor driving RC2.0 is greater delineation between unit types, classes and tiers.
    Last edited by Point Blank; December 23, 2016 at 05:15 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

How could I miss that
    Welcome back Point Blank. I guess that this is the right time to wish you all the best for 2017, be 2017 much better for you than 2016

I look forward for your new changes. Keep it up.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks

So I retrieved my laptop with all the latest files. The motherboard is fried but if it remains a problem will just image the drive and work on it elsewhere. Shouldn't be long.

RC is about ten years old now, began work on it shortly after bought M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Shouldn't be long.

Will this be only for Stainless Steel ?
    I'm compiling a basic mod for vanilla M2TW - its for those who don't want a mega mod, just something that's easy to download and install, doesn't CTD, and is fun to play.
    Realism is welcome but it would have to work with the vanilla units. At least in the first iteration. And no AoR. that makes editing the EDB too painful.

Yes only for SS.

Thx for this :
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Yes only for SS.

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Hey +Point Blank,
    It's awesome that you are completing RC 2.0. I am very grateful for all the work you have done. I just want to make sure your research for a weapon is correct. I want to make sure we have an accurate rapier in the game. I know the sword and buckler uses it. The earlier rapier from around 1500 was called the Espada Ropera, what we call the side-sword. It was a cut and thrust weapon that was heftier than the one we see from the 17th and 18th century in museums and movies. It was a transition between the arming sword and the rapier of the 3 Musketeers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7zv2gRpgAc My argument is that it shouldn't be weaker than
    Last edited by Judeman266; April 07, 2017 at 05:39 PM.

Just passed by and noticed the messages from you +Point Blank. Glad to hear you are doing better with your health.
    I guess like everyone else I'm looking forward to an update to RC. I was wondering if the units will have any changes, you know, for my site.

Glad to hear you are still around and working on RC. Gangrene can sneak up on you- member of my family had a bad metal fiber splinter but luckily a friend was a nurse and it was treated before losing that finger but it was close.

Yes mate, mine developed in the space of a few days. The first doc I went to said come back next week it's not bad. That was on a Friday. On Saturday it was so much worse, ie turning black, that I went to a top hospital out of town. They said if I had waited two more days I would have died from blood poisoning; as it was I almost had to have the affected limb amputated, hence the 15 operations.

So, regarding RC2.0. The laptop with all the updated files was unfortunately stolen when our place was broken into two months ago We lost all sorts of stuff but those files are what hurt the most haha!

So, it is not difficult to redo them, but due to being short of cash I have not been able to buy a new computer yet lol. However, I have an older file set on a friend's PC just across the road and am now doing about an hour a day on it.

Sent the system onto the guy in this vid: https://youtu.be/xgq1wiPKzzI

He is one of the foremost experts on medieval weapons and armor etc in the world, he did his dissertation on the metallurgy of armors. He liked it very much and we came up with a few additional tweaks, to everyone's credit many of which have already been discussed in this forum. If I have time tonight will detail them in another post
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 21, 2017 at 06:53 AM.

Looking forward to read Matt Easton's opinion on you work, PB. He is a well spoken and knowledgeable guy. His opinion on longbows are somewhat balanced, but has been corrected many times and he's not without faults. An examples would be the video he made with Tobias Capwell about armour at Agincourt, when they failed to inform the audience that the arrowhead was made of bog iron and the breastplate of modern slack-quenched steel. It was the same breastplate Mike Loads used for testing in the TV-documentary: Weapons that made Britain, and we could see it being quenched in a medium. It was not, as Capwell said, made of mild steel. That in itself is misinformation. I'm not blaming him for this, but this is how you create myths - something he is battling against. When you have a youtube channel and people inform you about your mistakes, normal courtesy dictates that you make a followup response to correct your interviewee.

Another problem would be when he specifically asked about named individuals being killed by arrows while they had the best armour of the time on, and got several names and tons of general information about men-at-arms being killed or severely wounded, but never made a response adjusting his own opinion. When you ask and get feedback and cling on to your own theory about arrows only finding gaps in plate armour, even when the sources explicitly say arrows penetrated plate armour and tests against wrought iron and low carbon steel confirms this, I'm not sure what to thing of him. It appears that he is not actually interested in the nuances. I hope he has changed his opinion somewhat.
    "Alea iacta est"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast