Thread: CAI Task Management system task generator request

gdwitt's Avatar Semisalis

Default CAI Task Management system task generator request

Thank you for keeping this mod up to date.
    The AI certainly needs to be fixed and I believe all the elements to fix lie in your mod.

Here's a special request:
    I would like to see an AI that will go back and retake their settlements when they lose an attack. I find that my vassal allies do not understand the need to protect their home city.
    I've seen my Gaul ally wandering around Turkey while I protected their base.
    Of all the enemies they could have chosen they chose the one 10 turns' march across the map.
    Additionally, I have seen this pattern over and over:
    1) AI loses home settlement.
    2) They become a horde and wander off to the east of the map (or west for Easter units).
    3) As an ally, I am not able to bring back the ally if I conquer the city; their is no liberate or subjugate option since that faction is still alive.
    4) If the AI would just go attack their old city with my army standing next to it, they would be able to regain their place.
    What do you think?

Of course, having the ability to "gift region" anywhere would be the better option, but that doesn't seem possible. Is it?
    Last edited by gdwitt; February 10, 2016 at 11:33 AM.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: CAI Task Management system task generator request

I would like to see an AI that will go back and retake their settlements when they lose an attack. I find that my vassal allies do not understand the need to protect their home city.
    Tweaking AI logic is bit tricky, since after you edit the value, you cant see the result immediatly, unless you create specific save game version, or you create other element to support the current testing value

Speaking frankly i think its was related with high expansion behaviour , in db, i do set it very high, however till now there is still big ??? mark, about what is very high value about, do its was related with only AI behaviour to made expansion , or its also related with other value as well, like defense for example. If "yes" is the answer, we also need to ask , what is the value that was already necessary for that.

See, since i do set very high for all AI on expansion behaviour, for balance its, i create the db, that supposedly was for defensive tactic ,by try expanding slowly, however i also lack of necessary save game variable , since its maybe work well with faction that have small territory like 1 or 3 , but probably will have problem with faction that own lots of territory.

I also try many combination AI logic composition, so far the AI composition right now is the best in my opinion, however as you understand its very hard to achieve complicated AI test alone only based from one person deduction and view.

Actually they should retake their settlement however AI logic itself using chance % every turn, if we set so that they will always retake their settlement, its will also raise another problem, for example "suicidal attack" or AI will pull every force its have, and left its territorry unguarded.Honestly i already set AI to recapture its lost territorry on highest priority, do the AI will use it or not , i realy cant say much, however i already try my best to write the AI composition, but we cant know for sure, maybe there is other value as well that create problem. Who know ? That why i said fixing AI logic is quite tricky situation

Of course, having the ability to "gift region" anywhere would be the better option, but that doesn't seem possible. Is it?
    I also dont know how to enable gift reqion option, theory speaking its was possible to port it inside all campaign, how to do that, its still a big ??? mark till today

4) If the AI would just go attack their old city with my army standing next to it, they would be able to regain their place.
    What do you think?
    There is other way to help it, by simply attacking the city but not recapture it , if we speaking vanilla default garrison, its should offer less resistance, however since i do put double garrison stuff, probably horde faction realize there is no chance to siege that city, unless you create hole on its wall (using onager then withdraw), there is bigger chance the AI will push itself
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze