Thread: Cuman-Kipchak Confederation

Default Cuman-Kipchak Confederation

So in the mod campaign the Cumans is a playable faction and the Kipchaks is an emergent faction. But historically the Cumans and the Kipchaks formed a confederation. With the Cumans ruling the western half and the eastern half being ruled by the Kipchaks.

The Europeans referred to it as Cumania.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumania

Instead of being emergent, should the Kipchaks control the eastern cities held by the Cumans and the two factions should either be military allies or Kipchaks should be the Cumans vassal?

Default Re: Cuman-Kipchak Confederation

That is an interesting notion, but probably you could have posted it in the campaign map master thread. Regardless, I viewed the Cumans as a sort of West Rome of the mod - not much time to live, vast but undeveloped land, bigger challenge to survive. When you break it up into two factions, the challenge is diminished, since you have a tigther set of core provinces that much easier to defend. Also, keeping Kipchaks as an emergent faction makes it more interesting for the campaign in the long run. It's no fun to have many factions eliminated very early on, and very little factions emerging later.

In fact, I would prefer to think of more emergent factions to - possibly - spice up the mid and late game. But the problem is is that there are a lot of one province minors that will need to have that province as their "core" from where they can be liberated.

If anyone has thoughts on that issue, please comment - I could use some feedback on this. But I personally would prefer to keep the Cumans as a big blue blob that presents a challenge to the player.
    Last edited by jan_boruta; February 10, 2016 at 04:40 AM.