Thread: Children

Default Children

So I have noticed this happening to me quite a bit in campaigns..... my faction heir will never have children like he will go 50 years chilling in the capitol even, even as the king, and married, and will never ever have children, sure the members of my royal family or are by marriage will have tons of children, but if any of them become king then the bloodline will end and they will become a "Regent" with absolutely no authority to do anything, so why is it that my king and faction heir will never have children, not a single on after 50 odd years of being able to create children?!?!?!?!
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Children

Do you accept 'Man of the Hour' after a battle or other 'Offers of Generals' or recruit them thru a fortress?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It's possible you have too many family members, the game allows roughly the same number of FMs as you have settlements. You're best bet is to never accept man of the hour events or adoptions and also don't recruit them from fortresses so you'll have enough "space" for your ruling family to expand. That or conquer a few more settlements.
    I always try to maintain the same line throughout the campaign, but sometimes it's impossible no matter how hard I try. Either I stop getting marriage proposals or my king produces only girls

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

Oh man, 2 years ago when I was playing M2TW (with SS6.4) I was obsessed with keeping my bloodline pure and I knew lots of stuff about adoptions, marriage offers etc. but now I forgot how most of these things work. As others said, you need to keep in mind that the game won't let your generals have lots of kids if you have a small kingdom. I'm not sure if the ratio is 1:1 (1 male family member for each settlement, like jurcek said), but it's close to that.
    Never adopt male family members and don't accept 'Man of the Hour', like Navajo Joe said.
    Also, I remember that female family members have priority when it comes to marriage offers. So, for example, if you have 2 unmarried male family members and 2 unmarried female family members your male members won't get any marriage offers until the females get married (thus making you adopt male generals); I'm not sure about this one though.
    I usually gave my male family members (the pure blood guys) the fertile trait to be sure they make kids asap when they get married.
    Īnfrānt nu eşti atunci cānd sāngeri,
    nici ochii cānd īn lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele īnfrāngeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

Generals recruited in a fortress are not added to the family tree, so that should be save unless you adopt / marry them in afterwards.
    Last edited by Riva; February 08, 2016 at 09:19 AM.