Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Default Re: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Yeah tomySVK, you are right. It was more quick...
    You are welcome to test the early beta version. In a few weeks I hope I will have a playable, a stable and more (or less) balanced version. Then I will send you a PM with a link to download.
    So be a little patient and maybe you will have more free time then.

Greets, Mag

Default Re: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Good morning everybody,

the last few days I created some new ancillaries and overworked some of the older ones. Here is an example.

Greets, Mag

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Good evening

Nice update! Keep them coming

Hello everyone,

yesterday and the days before I had a little more time to dedicate myself to the menu. I've changed some little things, added new loading screens, redesigned the faction selection page, and changed soemthing in the descr_strat. So not very heavy things, but they are also important for the new and personal touch in the optics.

Greets, Mag

@tomySVK: It will be coming... maybe in the next two or three weeks.

Hey,
    today I created the first post of this forum new and this is the result:

305 - Das Jahr der Könige, eine deutsche Modifikation für RTW 1.5

305 BC - Year of the Kings, a german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Name of the mod: 305 - Das Jahr der Könige / 305 BC - Year of the Kings
    Language: German
    Platform: based on RomeTW 1.5
    Timeframe/Era: Winter 306 B.C. - 30 B.C., after the selfdeclaring to king of Antigonos Monophthalmos
    Modfoldered: yes, completely modfoldered

Modder: Magnentius
    Story: The great king Alexander is dead and after 15 years of war some of his generals and satraps are dead too but the others are still fighting for their place in the empire. Strong greek-styled armies, powerful fleets and battle-hardened commanders... the world prepares for war. Choose a side and fight for your own empire.

Some new content of the mod:

• parts of the WarMapIII (redesigned) with more than 140 Provinces, more or less historical
    • only one roman faction, the others are greek factions now
    • more or less historical persons like the Successors and Satraps, Generals and so on
    • AOR-System, which not allows to recruit every unit in all cities. In most regions you can only recruit infantry and artillery (archers, slingers and so on), others you can recruit more cavalry units. In capitals you can recruit all three types of units.
    • new banners and texts for the most factions (texts are in german!)
    • new special buildings
    • new factionstyled units, diplomats, ships...
    • new soundtrack (pieces of the Unreleased Soundtrack from the movie 'Alexander', only the barbarians have no sound till today)
    • new ancillaries
    • new banners
    • new units for each faction
    • new mercenaries
    • and much more...

Here are screens of the current map and some of the new units:

Hellas:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG][/IMG]

Egypt:

[IMG][/IMG]

Thracia:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Faction list:

Antigonus Monophthalmos - King of Asia
    Cassandros - Kingdom of Macedonia
    Lysimachus – Kingdom of Thrace
    Seleucus - King of the East
    Ptolemy - Kingdom of Egypt
    Pyrrhos - Kingdom of Epiros
    Agathocle - Kingdom of Syracuse
    Kingdom of Sparta
    Republic of Rhodes
    SPQR
    Carthage
    Gauls
    Dacia
    Greek Cities
    Kingdom of Bithynia
    Illyrian Tribes
    Scythian Tribes
    Kingdom of Media Atropatene
    Kingdom of Pontus
    Kingdom of Armenia

Credits (Thank you guys for your great work.):

- Units from "Carthage Reloaded - Full Pack Release" of Modder Hannibal Smith.
    - Units from KLAs Unit Pack) of Modder King Louise Assurbanipal.
    - Units from Shadows of War of Modder Milner and the HAP team (Algaman, Kylan271, Leoni, Milner, Visarion)...models, skins, cards, art concept and variation on models
    - Units from Christmas Pack of Modder Algaman
    - Units from "MODDING LEGIONS (C) FULL PACK v1.5" of Modders ferres, Pinarius, GODzilla
    - middle and eastern part of WarMap III from Modder Icetorque
    - ship models from "Riczu74_CB_strategic_map_units/ships" of Modder Riczu74
    - soundtrack from Vangelis
    - historical maps from Ian Mladjov

Future plans:

• more historical events
    • improved turn-based roman offices
    • and some more

Downloadlink: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c6dub8...8s/305-YOTK.7z

Installation:

• Rome I, patched to 1.5
    • Downlaod the content of the zip.file from MediaFire
    • Unpack the archive directly to C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War
    • Then delete the events.dat in the folder “sounds” to hear the new soundtrack
    • Go to the RTW-Shortcut and write in target: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm -show_err -mod:305-YOTK
    • Then start the game and hopefully enjoy!

Till today everyone have the chance to test the actual betaversion and maybe give some feedback.

Greetings, Magnentius
    Last edited by Magnentius; December 16, 2016 at 11:11 PM.

Hi all,

here is the new downloadlink for the first betaversion of my mod 305 - Year of the kings. More infos in the post above. Have fun with it and maybe give some feedback please.

Downloadlink: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c6dub8...8s/305-YOTK.7z

Greets, Mag

Edit: The link from this post is repaired now and works!!!
    Last edited by Magnentius; December 16, 2016 at 02:30 PM.

Downloading right now

Hi tomySVK,

did you have the last few days some time to test? Or is today, on a cozy sunday, the day to test my mod?

The last days I have put the philosophers back into the game, because I won't create a 4tpy-Script. Its too much work and personally I don't like mods with it. In my opinion its wasted time and I will use my little freetime for other things like insert more historical ancillaries, buildings or units.
    I hope that some users suggestions and criticism leave here in the forum to make the game much better in future.

Thanks, Mag

Hello friends,

Merry Xmas today for all of you and your families. I hope you can enjoy the next days with the people you love. So I will do. But maybe theres is some time to play, I've got a small Xmas gift for you. The Philosophers are back in the world of the Diadochoi.

Here you can download them: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zd5tjf...XMAS-Addon.zip

Just unzip the content of the file in your 305-YOTK folder. Now you can use the wise men and their unique skills in your fight for your own great empire!

Greets, Magnentius

Last edited by Magnentius; December 24, 2016 at 11:39 AM.

Merry Christmas Magnentius

I tried your mod, I played for few hours. I will give more feedback soon.

Hey all together,

I wish you all a happy new year.
    In our german forum one beta tester found an error. I wrote in folder data/models_building/textures##standard_romans_julii_305-YOTK.tga You must delete_romans so that i will be like this ##standard_julii_305-YOTK.tga or you will have a CTD if a roman army makes an attack out of a city by the player.

Sorry for my bad english. Greets, Mag

Hey all together,

in a few days I will upload a second beta of my mod. My beta testers in the german forum found some errors and problems which I solved in the last days.

Did you found some errors? I miss feedback here in this forum.

Greets, Mag

Hi,

today I would like to show you some pics from my current campaign with the Kingdom of Syracuse. Enjoy it!

First I conquered Messana in the north of Sicily. That was important for my finances and military strength.

Two years later, the war with Carthage and Akragas, which had previously been allied with one another, took place.

My strong cavalry pursues fleeing Carthaginian troops and destroys the hostile army.

But in 287 BC Melite is in turmoil, new Carthaginian armies landed on Sicily and the other Greek cities also declared war on me. A difficult situation for my little empire...

Greets, Magnentius

Hey guys,

unfortunately, there was an error/bug in my current campaign with the Sicilian Kingdom which caused an CTD at every ending turn. So i had to quit the interesting campaign.

After this unexpected bug I started a new one with Lysimachos, the King of Thrace. His Kingdom stretches over Thrace and lies near Hellespont, a geostrategically important region. It connects Macedonia with the eastern empires of Antigonus, Ptolemy and Seleucus.
    In the war with Antigonos he has a powerful opponent against him and has to tense all the forces of his country, in order to quickly take the strong opponent some areas in the west. After two years, Lysimachos had already conquered two important provinces of Antigonus, thus creating a good base for further warships along the coast of Ionia. There the rich cities of Ephesus and Milet are worthwhile destinations, because their well developed ports promise great trade gains and allowed the construction of strong fleets for sea war.

302 BC, the battle of Pergamum took place, in which Lysimachos won a great victory over the Antigonids.

His battle line stops the enemy's attacks, and the hidden cavalry ultimately accomplishes the victory, although the center of Lysimachos was pierced by the Pezhetaires. Only the personal attack of the king brought the hesitating front a new halt.

I hope you'll enjoy this short overwiew over my current campaign. About positive but also negative feedback from you I would be very happy.
    It's still a betaversion, and it takes testers, as bugs always appear. Please help, that these bugs can be quickly eradicated.
    Thank you all and best regards from Germany, Mag
    Last edited by Magnentius; January 18, 2017 at 04:18 PM.

I´m sorry for the late post. But I was working all Christmas holidays. But I was also testing Seleukid and Antigonid campaigns.

First let my say I really like the mod. It´s great and the soundtrack from the movie fits well.

I have few suggestions/bugs:

- I wish you rename the city in Babylonia to Babylon
    - the Antigonid general is Roman general from RTW
    - I have a CTD in Antigonid campaign (please see the attachment)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YOTK error - Antigonid.jpg  

Hi tomySVK,

no problem that you had little time to test and write about. Real life always precedes gambling.
    I'm glad to read that you like the mod and you've already started two campaigns. By the way, you seem to be the only tester in the TWC. In the German forum I have two more testers. But I hope that you can give more feedback. I think the German language in the mod is the biggest problem, to gain more players in future.

Thank you for your suggestions/bugs.

- Babylon has been inserted, this was a little and unexpected mistake on my part. Until now. Now it was changed.
    - The Roman generals were already eliminated.
    - The third error is still veilful. I had him yesterday in my own Lysimachos campaign and could not do anything with it. But I'll stay and find out what the reason for the CTD is.

Thank you very much for your feedback, tomySVK. Have a good time in RL and let's see what you find in my mod at bugs, but also nice things.
    Greets, Mag

Hi guys,

I have the solution for the problem with the psd.files. Antigonos does not get the Greek Lancer Cavalry. Therefore the CTD.
    This I had with Judean Zealots among the Bithynians, too. These problems are fixed.
    The next few days, I will upload a new version (beta 2) with fixes for some more or less important bugs or other errors.

Greets, Mag
    Last edited by Magnentius; January 24, 2017 at 03:54 PM.

Sound great! I´m looking forward to new beta.

Hey all together,

today I uploaded the second beta version of my mod. From now on, it can be extensively tested, criticized and, of course, praised.
    I have been able to discover, analyze and fix many bugs, inconsistencies and more serious errors in the past weeks with the help of three testers tomySVK from the TWC, Berenike and Gaivs Sejanvs from the SZ, a german forum.
    Thank you very much!

But now to the changes in the new version:

- new music and this time for all factions!
    - Thasos was inserted to bring life to the north of the Aegean Sea. The island is gold-rich, good for the finances of the Greek cities
    - all Generals now have their culture-specific bodyguard units, the bug I have fixed.
    - the Ancillaries were partly revised and visually revised ... the Philosophers are in it, new offices etc.
    - some resources have been newly distributed on the card, e.g. the Scythians have more resources for trade with other factions.
    - Overall many small things changed, fixed or also removed

Here is the downloadlink: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9hkqwv...OTK-Beta+2.zip

Installation:

- Rome Total War, patched to version 1.5
    - Download of the .zip file
    - Unpack the contents in the Rome main folder under C: \ Program Files \ Activision \ Rome - Total War
    - Delete the events.dat file in the folder "sounds" to hear the new soundtrack
    - From the RTW Shortcut and under Destination: C: \ Program Files \ Activision \ Rome - Total War \ RomeTW.exe "-nm -show_err -mod: 305-YOTK
    - Then start and (hopefully) enjoy!

Credits:
    See Post #1
    the Betatester tomySVK, Berenike, Gaivs Sejanvs

There is still much to be done and I am still dependent on your help. Thank you and have fun with "The Wars of the Diadochi - Beta 2". Best regards, Mag

I´m downloading right now. What faction do you need to test?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast