Thread: What's the story on Civil War in CiG

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Default What's the story on Civil War in CiG

I'm in my first CiG campaign with Dei on N/N playing as Rome and just last night noticed that my civil war bar is now about a third full. I'm at imperium level 4 and control about a third of Gaul. I guess I didn't realize civil war was even a factor in CiG. My faction, the Julians, control 81% of the senate; the year is 54BC.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Default Re: What's the story on Civil War in CiG

It should work like in any other campaign. Based on imperium level and influence amount.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Dresden, thanks for the come back. As busy as you must be, I appreciate the trouble. In my two previous Dei campaigns, I've avoided civil wars by keeping my influence between 30 and 40 and never had one. I hate the damn things and so that's fine. But in CiG, you start as Julie with influence around 75% so how do you win the war, keep imperium down and lower influence as well. Is it pre-ordained that you will endure a CW?
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Idk but perhaps its kindda ment to happen? "Alea iacta est"

If a faction has 2 political parties the target influence is different than if they have 3. See the politics section of our guides

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----