Thread: RS 2.2s Rev - CTD in campaign when clicking on unit

Default RS 2.2s Rev - CTD in campaign when clicking on unit

Hi everyone, i just created a new account cause its been so long that i forgot my username
    I am still playing an old Roman Campaign i started back in 2014, i spent so many hours building my little empire on VH/VH with edited roman units/builds to make it even harder and more enjoyable
    I am currently at 626AUC (4tpy), and i get a ctd whenever i click on an unit in the campaign map, i tried to let the turns keep running and it seems to solve the problem if and only if i dont do anything in 6-8 turns, the only problem is that hordes of dacians, averni and gallaeci destroy my valuable veteran legions (I GERMANICA, III GALLICA, V ALAVDAE, VI FERRATA, XIII GEMINA are all beign fort-sieged on the borders of my empire).
    This is sad cause i had everything prepared to conquer most of Hispania with 6 hamata and 1 Evocati legions, a necessary step to trigger the first civil war and finally start recruiting the segmentata legions and one early praetorian legion and after that declare war to Sarmatia. I am leaving the most interesting roman units to the civil wars and sarmatian wars so i really wish to continue this long campaing

I can upload 8 doc files and 2900 pics with information, tables and plots about economics, population, regions, governors, army, legions, generals, politics, campaign, casualties that i have been noting and saving in each turn since the very start of my campaign up to the last turn i played so you can really see how much time and effort i spent in this campaign.

Technical info about the error:
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    App Name: RomeTW-BI.exe
    App Version: 1.0.0.0
    Module with errors time mark: 00564544
    Exception code: c0000005
    Exception offset: 0072fcf4
    Additional info1: 0e2c
    Additional info2: 0e2c0ce7d0663874459b079f20022d84
    Additional info3: 93c2
    Additional info4: 93c2b111198786a79a0cea500c224e6f

i guess its much better if u have the savefile itself, so here you go:

RomaAw10.rar

I will be really thankful if you can help me with this issue.

Default Re: RS 2.2s Rev - CTD in campaign when clicking on unit

i keep trying to discover how to get rid of this issue, and i found the problem is not just clicking on units but also moving to target location, displaying treasury gives me extremely low fps (1) and staying too much time in the campaign map during the same turn causes itself a ctd
    That said its pretty much impossible to continue with my campaign cause the only thing i can do its activating the 4tpy script and ending turn

i also found i get those ctd on campaign map after loading my campaign, whilst before i saved it i had no problem at all apparently, this might be caused rather by the game than by the file
    i still use the same files and config i set up back in 2014 but i had no problem at all during 360 turns, so if any of you can try out my save to confirm if the problem is the save or not that would be helpful

i used a pre-ctd save to see if i also get ctd, and its the same ctd by several reasons, now game also crashes in roman rebels turn but still makes an autosave which causes another ctd if loaded, loading another save from campaign map crashes the game aswell, and lastly, i noticed the money and 4tpy scripts started to malfunction, before all these ctd, roman treasury never exceeded 400k despite having profits every turns, but now it keeps increasing no matter how much money i use, currently 1,3M
    season script causes a ctd during end of turn after Roman Rebels, and activating it after the turn passed doesnt change season as it could do before
    i cant find the origin of all these problems, my campaign is a bit weird, only belgae are in war against cimbri, the rest of living factions are neutral or allies each other and i am in war against all but belgae and sarmatians(they will declare war to me by attacking Philippi in 628)
    i have currently 106 family members with only 2 large branches, the one at the start by Quintus Fabius Maximus and the current one started by Scipio "Africanus", sucessor doesnt belong to current tree
    i used one time the auto_win to save Segestica back in 600AUC and i forgot to activate the show_me script a couple of times
    i will keep testing until 666AUC when all living characters will be dead to see if problem disappears, if thats not the case i will rush the creation of some segmentata legions i had in mind for the Roman Rebellion and Late Empire:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LegionPatterns.jpg  

i can say now for sure that activating the show_me script causes a ctd during end of turn in more than 30 different saves i have loaded, i rushed to 672AUC without activating the script and i got some ctd during end of turn at the begining but later on i had no problems, to avoid these ctd during end on turn i simply saved the game when attacked/sieged/assaulted by the enemy, when i load that save in the middle of end turn i can pass to the next turn 100% of times without ctd
    i found a cloned female char in a previosly hidden family tree, same name and same age, i heard having a cloned char causes the game to run in an infinite loop and crash to desktop, it could be my case, but in my oldest save they are 21 years old so it cant be helped
    Thanks to nashpik i get pretty much less ctd in campaing map and i think it also helps for ctd after battle
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8-Game-Crashes