View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No longer announce yourself here! (the mod is dead)

Default Re: Announce yourself here!

Maybe you can help with war cries. Haha. I'm sure there were soldiers your age during the middle ages.

Possibly, war cries can't really fail. Although there aren't any nowegians in the vanilla game.

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Eh, who can tell it's a Norwegian scream... haha
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

i already said that i can help with german and swissgerman. but i can too help with old german we are studiyng it at school and i could get any translation you want. sounds very funny

Yeah - we already have someone translating the German files to English - you need to use those when translating the German to Old German. There's also another guy who offered his help with Medieval German a long time ago. I will contact them both and then, maybe you can help each other.

What kind of Old German are you studying at school? Remember we're aiming for the fashionable 1080 style. You think you could do that?
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

hehe yeah i think so its called altdeutsch and sounds like:

uns ist alte maeren viel wunders viel geseit
    von heleden lobebaeren von grozer arebeit
    von fröuden hochgeziten von weinen und von klagen
    von küener recken striten muget ihr nu wunder hoeren sagen

translation:

alot wonderful things are told in the old fairytales
    about great heroes and about great suffering
    about joy and marriages about crying and whining
    about the fights of brave knights you will hear now

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and already a big fan of the Xenophobia mod. Being Brazilian I could help with the translation into Portuguese. Just let me know how I can help.

Great - this is the thread. There is a link to the document you should use to translate into Portuguese. This Portuguese will then have to be translated into medieval Portuguese, unless you can do that from the beginning.

I'm just about to download it. Thanks a lot guys, for all the excellent work.

Hi Beiss,

I already started the translation. So far I am about to 1/3 through the translations for the campaign map. I took a look at some web sites referring to medieval Portuguese and for the moment I think it will be pretty difficult to do make translations into Galego-Portuguese (the medieval form of Portuguese), because there is no real cannon for the language, and spelling changes quite a lot before the XVI century. To give the translation a more medieval sound, I am using the second person of plural, equivalent to thou, thee, thy, thine etc. I also use more old formal ways to address people, which again make the Portuguese language sound very much like XVI or XVII century Portuguese.

Anyways, I will keep you posted as I make progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    Great - this is the thread. There is a link to the document you should use to translate into Portuguese. This Portuguese will then have to be translated into medieval Portuguese, unless you can do that from the beginning.

Thanks. I'm gonna copy your post into the thread so people will know someone is already doing something.
    Last edited by Beiss; April 09, 2007 at 02:39 PM.

'lo Beiss!

If you still need help in these cathegories, I speak french as mother tongue and I am 33yo, so my voice doesnt sound too "childish", which could be a good thing, isnt it?
    Let me know if you need my help
    Et on lui pelera le jong
    Comme au bailli du Limousin
    Qu'on a pendu un beau matin
    Qu'on a pendu avec ses tripes

We could probably use your help - we have made no progress whatsoever with the medieval French. Do you think you could help by researching / translating into medieval French, or finding someone who can? Translation needs to be completed before we can actually start recording anything.

I can help out with the Russian language. I also speak Dutch but with an accent. My English is more American...

If the makers want my help, contact me through jedo_team@hotmail.com and tell me what exactly I have to do.

P.S. 21 years old. Medium pitched voice. I have a mic but no serious equipment and I don't want to spend money
    Last edited by Jedo; May 05, 2007 at 04:42 PM.

Dutch and Russian... what an unusual combination Recording Russian is probably pretty far away, since translation has not even begun, but I'll remember to contact you when the time comes.

i can speak czech... too bad this imporant faction is missing in MTW 2. However i can speak heavily accented english in the middle europe area

LOL, yeah, the accented English is something we want to avoid. Hahah

If "Welsh rebels" have a voice set I might help. I can pronounce Provençal so if rebels in Marseille have a voice set I could possibly to that two even though I suck at the language.

I speak French fluently but I'm sure you've already done that, and since there is no apperance of the Manx my Manx Gaelic probably won't do much.

We could probably use your help - we have made no progress whatsoever with the medieval French. Do you think you could help by researching / translating into medieval French, or finding someone who can? Translation needs to be completed before we can actually start recording anything.
    I could do that I geuss. Middle French ressembled Québéc French a bit and I've got some sources. IE:

Moi je crois = français moderne
    Moé je croé = ancien français/dialecte québécois (dont j'ai appris quelques mots/québécismes)

Oi (pronounced "wah" in modern French French) was pronounced "Oy/oé" in medieval French and still is sometimes in Québéc.

Interesting. Go ahead. We will still need someone to listen to the French samples and write them down.

What French samples? And why do you need them written down? Isn't it necessary to actually record them?

So in terms of my first two questions, is there specified voice set for the Welsh rebels? I could do something like, "beth dach chi eisiau?" or "fy mhrenir dach chi ddim!". ("Whattaya want?" and "You're not my king!")

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast