Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wrath of the Norsemen VIKINGS Official Stable BETA!

Libertus

Default Re: Wrath of the Norsemen VIKINGS Official Stable BETA!

Quote Originally Posted by Hereward View Post
    Hey guys, so I saved this to the Medieval II Total War/mods folder and then changed the name to WotN. But then when I double click on the batch file, I get an error window saying, "Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." What should I do?
    Hi, did you start the game from WotNbeta file below the Icon?Mods in mtw2 require one campaing from the kingdoms addon installed.That all i can come up now.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Hey guys, so I saved this to the Medieval II Total War/mods folder and then changed the name to WotN. But then when I double click on the batch file, I get an error window saying, "Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." What should I do?
    Don't start the batch-file with administrator rights. Just start it in the ordinary way.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Hereward's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Juzu90 View Post
    Hi, did you start the game from WotNbeta file below the Icon?Mods in mtw2 require one campaing from the kingdoms addon installed.That all i can come up now.
    Well immediately below the Icon is the README file, and immediately below that is the WotNbeta windows batch file, which is what I double clicked on. And I definitely have Kingdoms installed on my computer.

Hereward's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Don't start the batch-file with administrator rights. Just start it in the ordinary way.
    I'm pretty sure I am starting it the ordinary way.

I'm pretty sure I am starting it the ordinary way.
    Then you shouldn't get that error-message. I used to get that if i clicked the "administrator rights" before starting. You are sure you don't have those administrator rights on by default?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Hereward's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Then you shouldn't get that error-message. I used to get that if i clicked the "administrator rights" before starting. You are sure you don't have those administrator rights on by default?
    Okay, so my windows user account was set to Administrator. So I changed it to Standard, restarted the computer, and then tried to run this mod again. But the exact same thing still happens. I still get the same error message.

so i tried it for few turns. nice map and interresting unit roster.but terrible upkeep costs which make it unplayable, for franks at least.

Okay, so my windows user account was set to Administrator. So I changed it to Standard, restarted the computer, and then tried to run this mod again. But the exact same thing still happens. I still get the same error message.
    Try starting it with administrator rights checked then.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    so i tried it for few turns. nice map and interresting unit roster.but terrible upkeep costs which make it unplayable, for franks at least.
    the upkeep was set high so that you would be forced to raid and conquer. this mod is for vikings, not turtles wanting to be safe at home.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Thanks for updating this mod! I briefly tried it a few years ago, and after my PC broke I kind of forgot about it.
    I've given it a try now, and I noticed that javelins have a range so small (40) that skirmishers tend to run away rather than throw their javs if they're in skirmish mode, and IIRC the AI always has it's skirmishers in skirmish mode.
    Well, I gave them a small buff to range (50 for infantry, 60 for dedicated skirmishers) and I'll see what happens. Possibly I might give heavy infantry back their range of 40 for the sake of making them different from light infantry, but seeing as heavy infantry are pretty damned expensive, they'd better be worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    the upkeep was set high so that you would be forced to raid and conquer. this mod is for vikings, not turtles wanting to be safe at home.
    prices can be higher, but absolutely 0 developed villages- no reward fo conquering- why sack settlement with 500 pop and less than 500 income. One of franks mounted generals has 2000 upkeep if i remember well. so count it yourselve how deep in dept u will be in few turns. well if someone prefers this lets be. its not for me, i like rich games. not some madly forced conquering dumpines.

You can change the upkeep and cost of units by editing the export_descr_unit file in wotn/data folder.
    It is also possible to edit the income from settlements, but I don't remember how to. I'll try looking it up at some point.

i apreciate every new experience how edit my favourites mods in way to be more favor for me. but this is not one of them. agents with 0 skills, cities 0 buildings, just new map, new units and good work around balancing battles, lot of work, but thats just a very weak brother to The last kingdom.

There's actually quite a few buildings, most of them just require buildings from the blacksmith-tree.
    And when your villages grow into towns, a lot of new building options will also open.

Hereward's Avatar Civis

Hey guys, I just want to let you know I've finally got this mod working. What I had to do was change the name of the WotN folder to "Crusades". Then launch it off of Steam as if launching the kingdoms crusades campaign. I still don't understand why this is the only way it works, but it's the same with other mods as well. I had to change the name of The Last Kingdom mod to "Americas" to be able to play that one.

One question I've got so far is are there supposed to be so many rebel pirate fleets all over the seas? I mean, it seems like there's quite a lot of them. The couple of ships I started with had no chance. Kept getting surrounded by fleets of nearly 50 rebel ships and annihilated.

Yeah, the pirates are a nuisance. I just go and use the auto_win console command in order to be able to move in the seas.
    Their spawn rate can be adjusted from the descr_strat file which is in wotn/data/world/maps/campaigns/imperial_campaign folder, just fiddle with the pirate_spawn value and increase the value if you want to decrease the rate of pirate spawns.
    Unfortunately editing the descr_strat file is not save game compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jepekula View Post
    There's actually quite a few buildings, most of them just require buildings from the blacksmith-tree.
    And when your villages grow into towns, a lot of new building options will also open.

they might be, but im talking about im not familiar with idea that world in this period started with villages absolutelly undeveloped.it is done in name of gameplay of this mod and its now how it should be in eyes of mod creator.and he will probably keep working in this way with mod, so future versions will be same. keep working and wish all best.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    im not familiar with idea that world in this period started with villages absolutelly undeveloped.
    this is northern europa, most places here at this time would not even be undeveloped villages but groups of simple farms.
    this is wrath of the norsemen not glory of the franks, franks was not even intended to be playable.

concerning the rebel fleets, no they were not intentionaly this big. being a beta the ballancing of stufs were not completed. i am hoping mr_nygren will look into that when he has the time.
    Last edited by absinthia; April 11, 2016 at 06:03 PM.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    this is northern europa, most places here at this time would not even be undeveloped villages but groups of simple farms.
    this is wrath of the norsemen not glory of the franks, franks was not even intended to be playable.

concerning the rebel fleets, no they were not intentionaly this big. being a beta the ballancing of stufs were not completed. i am hoping mr_nygren will look into that when he has the time.
    Yes, i never wanted the rebels in the game at all.. But because of the constant CTD:s in my first release of the Vikings Sub-Mod i decided to go for the vanilla WotN, but with my music-mod and some bug-fixes.

I may of course try to remove those irritating rebel fleets in the future.

- The Havamal

My advice: Use the auto-win cheat against rebel fleets for now.

- The Havamal

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast