Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Unit Cards For DeI

MajorTom's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Unit Cards For DeI

Hi, one issue that I noticed is that the naming system for the cards in DeI does not match up with the naming system you created for many of the cards.

For example, DeI refers to the Antesignani card as "rra_gre_peltasts.png"
    While you refer it to as "Rom_Antesignani.png"

So, the game will not pick it up, along with any other card that is named differently than how DeI names them.

The files under question are found in DB/unit_variants_tables. In order to see all units, I believe that this table has to be modified and included in the mod, or, your naming system for the png files changed to reflect what is already there.

Really appreciate your work, think it is awesome, just confused as to why I could not see all of the unit cards that I know were there! Keep up the great work!

Rusty2016's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by MajorTom View Post
    Hi, one issue that I noticed is that the naming system for the cards in DeI does not match up with the naming system you created for many of the cards.

For example, DeI refers to the Antesignani card as "rra_gre_peltasts.png"
    While you refer it to as "Rom_Antesignani.png"

So, the game will not pick it up, along with any other card that is named differently than how DeI names them.

The files under question are found in DB/unit_variants_tables. In order to see all units, I believe that this table has to be modified and included in the mod, or, your naming system for the png files changed to reflect what is already there.

Really appreciate your work, think it is awesome, just confused as to why I could not see all of the unit cards that I know were there! Keep up the great work!
    Hi MajorTom, yes you are correct.
    Some names have been changed to match DeI's mod in Honga's Royal Military Academy which i am assuming will be the official names for the units...hence rom_antesignani.
    As this is just a very early Preview,i did not include the modified unit_varients_tables so some units wont show.I would love an up to date unit_variants_tables file so it would make my job much easier as my db skills are very limited.

The easiest thing to do is to use our unit_variants tables and match the *.png file name to the unit card column for the unit. Then, all you have to do is have these cards in the ui folder in your mod.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Rusty2016's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The easiest thing to do is to use our unit_variants tables and match the *.png file name to the unit card column for the unit. Then, all you have to do is have these cards in the ui folder in your mod.
    Hi Dresden & thanks guys for all the encouraging words & tips.I will definately need advice regarding the db.

My process involves finding each individual unit in "units_custom_battle_permissions" & adding them into the custom battle menu that way i have them in a controlled environment (eg.flat terrain,weather,shading etc.)to take the best screenshot possible.Problem for me is the names in "units_custom_battle_permissions" list don't match the unit card names.Honga's web site has helped me a great deal.
    If anyone has a speedier way of doing this so i can focus more on taking screenshots & photoshop i'm all ears.

Custom battles dont have all the units. For example AoR, merc, garrison etc. The way to get those is make a custom pack and assign them to a faction.

Not all unit id names match their unit card name. You can check those entries in the unit variant table. That is where unit card names are assigned. If I get some time I can help set this up. Our unit card designer hasnt modded in a long time and I think these may work well in the main mod if you are interested.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

These look really good, better than the original ones (just my opinion), keep it up!

This is inspiring me to do a DeI version of my building icon mod (currently working on it again).
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Rusty2016's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Custom battles dont have all the units. For example AoR, merc, garrison etc. The way to get those is make a custom pack and assign them to a faction.

Not all unit id names match their unit card name. You can check those entries in the unit variant table. That is where unit card names are assigned. If I get some time I can help set this up. Our unit card designer hasnt modded in a long time and I think these may work well in the main mod if you are interested.
    Hey Dresden
    Feel free to do whatever\whenever you can to help me out.
    It would be a pleasure to have this in the main mod ,even as an alternative.I'm just glad i can contribute to the great job you & the team have done so far.
    Cheers

Rusty2016's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    These look really good, better than the original ones (just my opinion), keep it up!

This is inspiring me to do a DeI version of my building icon mod (currently working on it again).
    Funny you should mention it,Normal's Unit Cards & DeI's Original cards inspired me to try my own.

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

These look really good, better than the original ones (just my opinion), keep it up!we
    would be great

MajorTom's Avatar Libertus

The units in question are relatively few in number, primarily some of the 'allied' units which were named in a different way, while I think 90% of your units will probably match up. I agree with Dresden, the simplest situation would probably be to rename the few files that are in error to the older system (although your naming system is preferred IMO).

Awesome mod!

Rusty2016's Avatar Tiro

N/A
    Last edited by Rusty2016; February 15, 2016 at 11:33 PM.

Can you create a Steam version please? Easier to have it updated

Senator

Do it, the only reason I've never used it is because it didn't have a DEI version
    They look great.

These Unit cards are incredible

Amazing work on display here. A definitive improvement in my mind. I also applaud your change of perspective on the naval unit cards which enables the soldier-type to be displayed more elegantly.
    Last edited by Patrician; February 07, 2016 at 04:35 PM.

Rusty2016's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Can you create a Steam version please? Easier to have it updated
    Will do once i am confident there will be no conflicts to avoid any complications.

Rusty2016's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Patrician View Post
    Amazing work on display here. A definitive improvement in my mind. I also applaud your change of perspective on the naval unit cards which enables the soldier-type to be displayed more elegantly.
    Hi Patrician & thank you for the compliments.

Regarding the naval cards in relation to the land units,i am limited to the amount of width space to fit the units with shield so they don't look cut off when viewing it in-game.It's a very tricky procedure but i think i can pull it off.

Rusty is going to join us and help get these cards in the main mod (hopefully for 1.2). Obviously he can still release them as he goes for this submod also.

Rusty2016's Avatar Tiro

More than glad to help