Thread: 1800 LINUX 1ST RELEASE

GwooidgiDaLinux's Avatar Foederatus

Default 1800 LINUX 1ST RELEASE

Hi again fellow generals ! Here am back with the Linux release for this mod !
    The install instructions are in the game files that you'll download.

LINUX VERSION DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lq..._26-12-2015.7z

Here's another copy of the download intructions, enjoy !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DICTIONNARY:

What are submods ?

Submods are little (normally non-heavy files) mods that will modify certain aspects/statistics of the game to make the game experience feel better for your needs without
    modifying the native game entierely.
    For example, a mod that modifies the accuracy of a ingame musket/rifle is a submod.
    Other examples: blood submod, visual additions and so on...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINUX/WINDOWS SCRIPT SETUP:

Introduction:

Hello, by now you have probably already installed the mod on your computer. Now you are probably wondering (if you have never installed a mod on Linux manually)
    "how do I install this mod ?" I will awnser this question using Linux (Linux Mint 17 but should be ok with any version):

Install On Linux:

You have now succesfully downloaded the Mod 1800 on you Linux Computer.

What I recommend before doing anything with the files inside the extracted mod folder is to create on your home>yourname> page a folder (call it how you want). After I
    want you to paste the mod files in this folder. This way you can have your mod and submods files inside there without loosing them.

One other "good thing" to do before playing with the mod files is to make a copy of the "preferences.empire_script.txt" script there. This linux/Macintosh script can be
    found at: home>yourname>.local>share>feral-interactive>Empire>AppData>scripts. I will specify the need of this recommendation later...

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UNISTALL ANY MODS THAT WERE ALREADY ON BEFORE (BUT THERE PROBABLY WONT BE ANY

TO INSTALL MANUALLY ON LINUX:

0.- Extract all the content you have downloaded.

You shoud see 21 items or more:
    Seven folders called Austria_campaign, Prussia_campaign, France_campaign, Britain_campaign, USA_campaign, Spain_campaign and Russia _campaign
    at lestFourteen files called Austria launcher.pack, Prussia launcher.pack, France launcher.pack Great Britain launcher.pack, USA launcher.pack, Spain launcher.pack, Russia launcher.pack, 1800 Beta II.pack, 1800 late period, 1800 late period french campaign, 1800 accuracy70, 1800 accuracy160, 1800LOC.pack and 1800MODELS.pack, 1800 sir battlechaos.pack and 1800 smokevolume.pack
    A bunch of save files for each faction with: small, medium, high and ultra sizes of units for each playable faction (please note that there's no need to worry about AI
    difficulty since you can already modify it while in game).
    A word document called instructions with a version of this instructions.
    And a .doc file called 1800 linux version.doc
    1.- You should see at least Fourteen files that are .packs files. If the files are not lower cased (A=a B=b etc...) already, please rename all the beta files names with
    lower cased letters. Please note that if the pack files are NOT lower cased the game will crash and not launch. Do that with underscores too ( _ ) remove them.

2.- Now copy "1800 beta ii .pack", "1800models.pack", 1800loc.pack" and all the launchers packs. Go into the game main folder which can be find at: /home/yourname/
    .steam/steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/ from there go to the data folder (/home/yourname/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data) and paste everything you have copy there.

3.- Now you will activate the mod. To do so, go to script of the game at: home>yourname>.local>share>feral-interactive>Empire>AppData>scripts and once there, open the .txt file called "preferences.empire_script.txt". PLEASE OPEN THIS GUIDE WHILE PLAYING WITH THE GAME SCRIPT !!! Now the difficult part: to install the mod, all you have to do, is simply copy the following files under the guide (scroll down to see all the script preferences and options.
    Copy:
    mod "1800 beta ii .pack";
    mod "1800models.pack";
    mod "1800loc.pack"
    With these three file names, paste each of them on the script at the really bottom (just to be more simple at the start). On top of those three add a new line mod "..." and put the name of the launcher that has the name of the campaign you wish to play there.

For France:

mod "france launcher.pack";
    mod "1800models.pack";
    mod "1800loc.pack"

Now save the script. I would recommend you to just open the game to see if the mod work before doing anything else.
    If the game crashes just check if you have copied the names of the pack files correctly and to be sure copy their names your self and paste it on the script as I showed
    on the exemple up there. Also please check that there is no High-case letters in the data folder of the game.
    If the game doesn't crash, that might be you have succesfully installed the first part of the mod. To check if the mod is on, please go into a custom battle to see if the unit cards are changed.
    If there's still the native game units that means you have probably not put the pack file names onto the game preferences script.

4.- Remember to close the game before playing with the script !!!
    Now you can select your favorites submods. If you want to select an accuracy submod you will need to choose only one between all of them ! For other submods feel
    free to add as much as you want !
    Note that the accuracy submods (accuracy70 to accuracy200) are really affective in battles, the killing rate will vary if you choose a low to high killing rate
    (200 is high, 70 is low). Also the Late uniforms submods might not work just yet, I will fix it in future patches/uptdates...
    When you have choosen a submod copy it from the mod folder and add it to the Empire Total War Data folder (/home/yourname/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War
    /data).
    Now copy the name of the accuracy or other submods you have copied into the data folder and paste it on the script at the bottom just like you just did for installing the main mod files. This way:

mod "submod name.pack";
    mod "1800models.pack";
    mod "1800loc.pack"

Now play a battle to see what changed.

5.- Before lauching a campaign I would recommend you to go on the grand campaign screen at the main menu (single player>Grand Campaign), write the campaign options
    there (because by suprise the save file will use the options you have set there instead of taking the options of the player who had the save game file.
    How to play the campaign ?! Well, if you haven't already noticed when you go on the grand campaign selection screen you will see white stuff and strange flags...
    Unfortunatly, after months, I failed to find a way to fix it, but I have founded a way to still be able to play the mod in another way.
    You will need to play with those save_games files that we have provided you in the mod folder. We have a save game file for each faction and with various unit sizes
    depending on the player needs. Choose a save_game file from the faction you want with the unit size you will use in battle (ultra=300 mens, Small=100 mens).
    To install a save_game file into the game you will have to copy it from the mod folder and paste it into the following path: /home/yourname/.local/share/feral-interactive/
    Empire/AppData/save_games/ and now you have succesfully installed a campaign !
    To play the campaign: open the game, click single player, click load game and find the name of the save game file you just pasted, load it, CAPPUYA CRASH!!! No sorry bad
    joke. Here you go ! Campaign is working !!!
    Now if you want to change the game difficulty while already in-game, open the menu (Esc) go into the options and there should be a game settings page, go on it, there
    you go ! Battle difficulty can be changed while already in-game ! Normally this step won't be needed because you already have choosen the campaign and battle difficulty
    before...

That's it ! If you have problems, contact Gwooidgi (Luigi) 1234576 on steam and I promise I WILL HELP you !!!

Down there you will see a bunch of script file, choose the one you're going to use with the mod, have fun . Make sure the the script files are also into the data folder of the game.

MAIN FILES FOR BETA II AND BETA III :

mod "1800models.pack";
    mod “1800loc.pack

CAMPAIGNS:

NOTE: These might make the game crash if they are added to the script, just dont touch them for now until I fix campaign problems. Just paste the one you wish to play with.

mod "austria launcher.pack";
    mod "france launcher.pack";
    mod "great britain launcher.pack";
    mod "prussia launcher.pack";
    mod "russia launcher.pack";
    mod "spain launcher.pack";
    mod "usa launcher.pack";

SUBMODS

(These accuracy files will increase the killing rate into the ranks, Default is very low, 70=l ow, 200= very High)
    NOTE THAT THE KILLING RATE CAN VARY WITH THE OPTION SET FOR UNIT SIZES,

mod "1800 accuracy70.pack";
    mod "1800 accuracy100.pack";
    mod "1800 accuracy160.pack";
    mod "1800 accuracy200.pack";
    mod "1800 late uniforms.pack";
    mod "1800 late uniforms french campaign.pack";

*OPTIONNAL/ADDITIONNAL SUBMODS TO IMPROVE GAMEPLAY*

NOTE THAT THESE ADDITIONNAL SUBMODS ARE NOT PROVIDED WITH THE MOD

mod "er_essentials.pack"; ------> This File Will Toggle Battle Formations For The Ai And Sometimes You, It Will Also Improve Ai Behavior In Battles
    (DOWNLOAD EMPIRE REALISM MOD AND JUST PICK THE FILE CALLED "er_essentials.pack" AND MOD IT INTO THE GAME)

mod "bsm_medium.pack"; ------> This File Will Toggle Battle Additions, Such As: Blood, Tracers For Bullets, Holes When A Canon Fires On The Ground, Musket Accuracy
    Change To Lower And Much More !
    (IF YOU CAN'T FIND THE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THIS SUBMOD PLEASE CONTACT "Gwooidgi" ON STEAM OR DIRECTLY "Bethencourt" STEAM)

ANNOUNCEMENT:

20.01.2016:
    -LINUX ANNOUNCEMENT :MOD BEING PREPARED FOR LINUX UPLOAD AND PORT, COMING REALLY REALLY SOON BOYS
    -NEED SOME MAC PLAYERS TO MAKE IT WORK ON MAC (add me on steam: Gwooidgi)
    29.1.2016:
    -LINUX 1ST RELEASE
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 29, 2016 at 10:10 AM.

GwooidgiDaLinux's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: 1800 LINUX 1ST RELEASE

Sorry little mistake here, this version of the download intructions is not the same as the one you'll see in the files you're going to download. The one on mediafire has some updated content and maybe some clearer area... Anyway good day !

No worries, I have edited first post so now it is the correct instruction version. Bethencourt
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 29, 2016 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Blue note.