Thread: Lu Bu Campaign ( ROTK beta)

Default Lu Bu Campaign ( ROTK beta)

Lu Bu Mod

Yo,
    So I'm a huge Romance of the three kingdoms and Dynasty warriors (samurai warriors too) fan, Shogun 2 is the perfect combination of the 2 elements, its great, I fell in love instantly with the gameplay but of course Im missing my favorite generals.

So I had to put Lu Bu in the game.

This mod includes alot of changes, most noteworthy are:
    • Lu Bu replaces Mori
    • Chinese Ming units to Lu Bu faction
    • General units slightly stronger
    • Historical Generals even stronger
    • More abilities to vanilla units
    • Ninja samurai to Tokugawa and Hattori
    • Navy disabled (99%)
    • No need for trade nodes to build top tier buildings

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

More Images:

Videos of testing the beta.

Download Link:
    http://1drv.ms/1Uu49Xy

I could not have done this without the help of:

• Uanime5 ( answered literally all my annoying questions day in and day out)
    • TheOtherGuy (Made the Lu Bu model)
    • Wangrin and Manolps3
    • Dim chryss (Rigger)
    • The Yogi
    • Ding_Xiaolong ( unit card) http://doanster.deviantart.com/art/D...xtra-105549500
    • whoever made Packfile manager, you are great.

I would also like to note, there are certain items from other mods in here, Like American Daiymo's custom Daiymo skins, Ming units from Uanime5's morning sun mod (which are used from another mod) The archer tower upgrade mod, 12 turns per year , and many more, I am not taking credit for any of these. They just made the game but better so i combined them into 1 convenient pack for myself.

About a full ROTK conversion

I was originally interested and going to add SHU, WU WEI and Yuan Shao to this mod, I had a good handful of general models from DW8 I could pay to have rigged to the shogun 2 skeleton, and was just searching for a few more, when I got a ransomware virus from what was supposed to be a liubei model, and had to restore my OS. Now im kinda over it and lacking motivation.
    Also I could not get xentax ( or any other extraction tool) to work on the Dynasty warriors 8 version of the game, so getting the models out has to be done by 3ds game ripper, which come out semi distorted and flat, so i would need a skilled 3d modeler to get these items into proper T pose. Could also use a rigger so I dont have to pay dim everytime ^^ If I could get a few people with the right talents interested in this project, I would be happy to continue the Mod.

Also couldnt get the chinese sub culture to work without the game loving to crash 33% of the time at the end/beginning of the A.I's turn. Absolutely couldn't figure it out. So I put Lu Bu (mori) back to japanese thus loosing custom agent skins, the chinese general unit, and 2 custom buildings replacing the siege workshop and sake den. anybody that can solve the issue w the chinese sc please be my guest to take a look.
    Last edited by Havie; February 05, 2016 at 01:15 PM.

Default Re: Lu Bu Campaign ( ROTK beta)

Reserved

Got the dynasty warrior 8 models out and in T-pose if anyone is interested in rigging them to the shogun 2 campaign_metsuke skeleton and converting them to a .Cs2 file for me. Would be greatly appreciated in terms of the budget.

Got Zhao Yun and Xiahou Dun in today

Well i am going try this out right now! It's fine to see more mods coming to shogun 2. And some people like myself can't get enough of the Three kingdoms so this is greatly appreciated.

Well from what i have seen in the little time i played with the mod it is highly enjoyable so i will simply say thanks and hope you keep up the work!

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Well from what i have seen in the little time i played with the mod it is highly enjoyable so i will simply say thanks and hope you keep up the work!
    for sure dude, glad someone else can enjoy it! Im surprised there is no three kingdoms mods out there for this yet, its too perfect not to be. I'll keep trucking along but it would be nice to get a team together to make it an even bigger better mod, quicker haha

Great progress is being made, over half the generals are finished, most with custom weapons ^_^

LuLing Qi with the Lu Bu blade from DW6 is hella unique:

Some Shu Generals: