Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installation is to complicated

Default Re: Installation is to complicated

Ok thnx for all your replies, I thought this part of medieval TW was still very active because it got the most forum activity of all medieval mods (all-time)
    Sad to hear the original creators are not working on it anymore, it is prob finished since 3.2 was released and I played it in the past few years ago with 3.1 but didn't came far because the game was to difficult for me lol.

Btw I am using windows 8.1 and non steam version, so I actually got a retail case; Gold Edition.

I will try to continue my installation later this day and see how if I encounter new problems, but one thing I need to know before I can start with it is about the "permissions" and "take back control" part.

Do I need to change the permission settings globally? (as show at the "windows club" link)

Or do I need to change the permission settings locally specific at the medieval TW folder? (as shown in the pictures inside the guide)

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Very nice, now up to installing MOS, DAC, or any of the submods and then you're done learning.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the second thread warning regarding Censor Bypassing on this site. There will be no third warning. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondOverlord View Post
    Ok thnx for all your replies, I thought this part of medieval TW was still very active because it got the most forum activity of all medieval mods (all-time)
    Sad to hear the original creators are not working on it anymore, it is prob finished since 3.2 was released and I played it in the past few years ago with 3.1 but didn't came far because the game was to difficult for me lol.

Btw I am using windows 8.1 and non steam version, so I actually got a retail case; Gold Edition.

I will try to continue my installation later this day and see how if I encounter new problems, but one thing I need to know before I can start with it is about the "permissions" and "take back control" part.

Do I need to change the permission settings globally? (as show at the "windows club" link)

Or do I need to change the permission settings locally specific at the medieval TW folder? (as shown in the pictures inside the guide)
    - First, take ownership of your main Medieval II Total War folder ( the one in your Sega folder), use the instructions shown here as an example of how to do it - Steps 1, 2, 3, and step 4 ( be sure to check the boxes labelled "Full Control" and "Modify" in the Basic Permissions in Step 4).

- Then, open your main Medieval II TW folder, right mouse click in the Address Bar and press: Copy address as text.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- And, replace the Default Installation path in ALL Third Age TW Installers with this one you have just copied ( "Copy address as text" ):

just select the Default installation path, right mouse click and press PASTE to replace it with the location of YOUR main M2TW Folder.

- After that, turn off/disable Automatic daylight saving setting, so that your battles do not crash.

- If you wish to play just vanilla Third Age 3.2 ( this means without any submods installed ) then, I would advise you to also install these bugfixes, which is a simple task if you have WinRar or WinZip program ( there is a free trial version available).

Good luck!
    Last edited by ElvenKind; January 28, 2016 at 01:50 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12