Thread: Valour (and janiisaries) over numbers

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Default Valour (and janiisaries) over numbers

The might of 3 great armies and kingdoms has beseiged jerusalem. Fighting against both this feroucious foe and an even more feroucious one (passive AI bug solved by baiting)

They SHALL NOT PASS!!!!

l33tness man... pure n33tness... averaged 14 fps the whole battle on medium graphisc with shadows and AA on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Default Re: Valour (and janiisaries) over numbers

That must have been one heck of a battle. Looks like it was awesome and that you owned a Polish, Danish, and Venician army all at the same time! Haha, I think it is funny how one of those Bedouin cavalry didn't get any action at all.

Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

No generals survived. Mine was a nobody so that was ok but all my enemies were 6,9,10 star generals. I have an affinity for janissaries. However, I am curious to see what they look like after they get plate armor. Should be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by angmar_nite View Post
    No generals survived. Mine was a nobody so that was ok but all my enemies were 6,9,10 star generals. I have an affinity for janissaries. However, I am curious to see what they look like after they get plate armor. Should be possible.
    Yeah, the lack of good armour upgrades for the Turks kind of bugged me. For the Janissary Heavies in particular. I would have thought that they could at least get up to Splint Mail, instead of being capped at Heavy Mail.
    Son of Sétanta
    Protected by the Legion of Rahl
    Proud corporal in the house of God Emperor Nicholas
    I am a spark, soon to become a flame, and grow into an inferno...

why are imageshack images always postage stamp sized?

Ebullient Princesses! Titles! Bloodlines! Bastard Traitors!
    So much fun in one little BBB package! Get yours today!

was the enemies without siege altilery? that would be easy especially if they just sent waves of meats through 1 door.

Quote Originally Posted by dearmad View Post
    why are imageshack images always postage stamp sized?
    They don't have to be - they give you an option to use a thumbnail preview which links to the main image (click on one of the ones above to see the full size one). You can also hotlink to the main image directly.

They do request you use the thumbnail to save their bandwidth (I also imagine serving ads has something to do with it ), but they provide html and bb code snippets for a hotlink if you want.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

What a way to end a Crusade...

Two questions:

- Were any other factions participating in that particular Crusade?

- Were they using catapults?
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

you have caught on! First person used ladder and seige tower plus ram. But after that yeah... In my defense though I lost hundreds in attempts to bait them. One they enter melee with one of your infantry at the gates, the all come poring in. And if you study JHI in custom, you find one of their main advantages is a long weapon which is negated because of the force of them pressing through the gate.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Quote Originally Posted by angmar_nite View Post
    One they enter melee with one of your infantry at the gates, the all come poring in.
    This was usually the case when I was besieged in RTR. Too bad you couldn't take a screenshot of the carnage at the gate
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

how in hell did they end up attacking you all at once?

Ive never seen multiple ai armies siege the same city, not two armies of the same fraction.. but 3 different fractions that that.. man thats amazing.

crusades send against me are so impotent... man.. i hope i get to fight a battle like that soon.

one thing I noticed is that crusading armies always fight as allies even when they are neutral... I was hoping for them to beseige me one at a time but... Thanks god for ballista towers. It's pretty sweer watching a seige tower get plasted by like 4 volleys as a passes within 2 feet of the towers... I need to bring some trebuchet. I love how they hurl stuff right over the walls... And for cities with a ledges and cliffs they can help hold the square. Battle slike these make me miss retraining easily...

I had that for maybe 10 turns in a row with a Jihad : i was playing Milan and took Constantinople from the Turks with a massive army of Genoese Crossbomen, Italian Spear Militia and a few dismounted broken lances.
    A few turns after the Jihad was called i saw two stacks of turkish armies, but with the max walls and ballista towers i was quite confident with my defense.
    The following turn they where besieging me, and i saw a few stacks of Egyptian armies comming ...
    It lasted at least 10 turns, each with assaults from the turks, the egyptians and even the moors, having just a turn between each assaut to refill my troops.
    The last assault was really epic, the egyptians having a few trebuchets that crushed my walls, and ended like in the "Kingdom of Heaven" movie where my swordsmen made an epic resistance at the breach in the walls, the turkish cavalry charged through the gates to meet my spearmen, the egyptians charged the breach with hordes of infantry.
    I ended that battle with maybe 20% survivors, and finaly the Jihad was over.
    So far, it is my best TW moment