Default Re: Measuring Interest in TW: Warhammer

I do hope for a blood and gore dlc.

I'm counting the days.
    End of May is gonna be a good week.
    Overwatch AND Total War: Warhammer.
    To much and not enough time.

Will Karl Franz get his Imperial Dragon??

Brynjolfr's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by flippers View Post
    What interest me most is how will they handle DLC's and expansions for this
    Here are their plans for future content: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...e_Content_Blog
    Last edited by Brynjolfr; May 03, 2016 at 07:53 AM.

Looks like utter garbage, good to see the dlc, where they cut content from original the game returns, and there a virtually no added features or improvements to the series.
    I really feel this is going to be an abortion, worse than empire, maby even worse than Rome 2 (which is fundamentally ed no matter how many patches they released).

They could at least remove the magical transport ships, someone please confirm this.
    Last edited by hospitaller13; May 05, 2016 at 11:17 PM.

Updated again. Total number of public Steam profiles with Total War: Warhammer wishlisted broke the 300,000 mark last week for the first time.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

CA announced modding support for TW:W several days ago (May 5, 2016)
    Could it be possible that this announcement had some effect here ?

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Personally i will just w8 for price drop. Seeing a lot of overpower units in this game. It totally drop the value of the game for me also seeing a bunch of new players in youtube just using those op units and still won their game w/out kinda utilizing some good tactics in their game.

I totally miss shogun 2 units due a lowly ashigaru unit can still won against higher tier army depending on my strategy and luck. I gotta say i really love the faction of this game due to diversity and also the general units of this game making a lot of difference in the battlefield and more utility.

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    CA announced modding support for TW:W several days ago (May 5, 2016)
    Could it be possible that this announcement had some effect here ?
    I don't think it's possible to draw a conclusion either way. There wasn't a dramatic change in the graph.

I've now added Sid Meier's Civilization 6 to the graph after its announcement this past week.

One week before release.. and lets be honest here: this subforum is basically dead, it's a graveyard. Compare this to the release to Empire or Shogun.. it was total chaos on the forums back then, weeks before launch.
    God, I miss those times....

Dont forget most people have no idea what warhammer is. So they are more reluctant to jump into a discussion they know little about. Just saying....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I couldn't be more excited for this game. Next week can't come quick enough. It's a shame it releases on a Tuesday though as I won't get any proper game time in until he weekend cos of work!

Same here. Think about it though. Weekdays will pass a lot faster.....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Dont forget most people have no idea what warhammer is. So they are more reluctant to jump into a discussion they know little about. Just saying....
    That is partially true, but I don't think it's the real issue. Firstly, a lot of people on these forums are pretty dedicated historian-types (most of the armchair variety - no shame, me too!) and therefore WTW doesn't really generate much discussion. Secondly, this forum has a very strong tendency to be unremittingly negative, it's a major turn off for those interested in the game. Or at least it is for me. I used to be a very dedicated TW Center follower, but tend to just check our the TW Reddit page nowadays, and am often surprised to see postings about new information or promotional materials and discussions of that, but when I come to TW Center, I don't even see a link to this new information, I only see people still arguing about the width of spears in TT models vs in-game.

Hey, be passionate about whatever you want, people. Just don't expect everybody to be interested in a debate about spear width or how psychologically scarred you are by Rome II.

Carry on.
    Last edited by Boyar'sNephew; May 17, 2016 at 07:56 AM.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar'sNephew View Post
    That is partially true, but I don't think it's the real issue. Firstly, a lot of people on these forums are pretty dedicated historian-types (most of the armchair variety - no shame, me too!) and therefore WTW doesn't really generate much discussion. Secondly, this forum has a very strong tendency to be unremittingly negative, it's a major turn off for those interested in the game. Or at least it is for me. I used to be a very dedicated TW Center follower, but tend to just check our the TW Reddit page nowadays, and am often surprised to see postings about new information or promotional materials and discussions of that, but when I come to TW Center, I don't even see a link to this new information, I only see people still arguing about the width of spears in TT models vs in-game.

Hey, be passionate about whatever you want, people. Just don't expect everybody to be interested in a debate about spear width or how psychologically scarred you are by Rome II.

Carry on.
    Rofl right on the head. I like to add though that some on this forum have given me great information about the lore of warhammer. And it is like you get a pull to whine and complain too because everyone else is doing it. Like a toxic workplace haha
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

The core of the problem is that Warhammer appeals to many new potential customers, who haven't played any other TW game, so they simply aren't aware of its existence. When you check a new franchise, you are always going to look first in the official not the fan forums. Twcenter has the chance to increase its visits after the release, when the new gamers would like to find mods to improve the games or participate in more sophisticated discussions than those of the official forums. That is evident, if we check the thread number stats. I remember checking them some time in the winter and I noticed that, actually, when compared to the Rome II forums in the respective date, the official forums had a somewhat larger decrease in created threads that twcenter did. Now, however, when pretty much every Warhammer fun has learnt about the upcoming title, the difference between twcenter and the official forums is huge, mainly because of the "arrival to the scene" of many new players, who had previously no idea about TW. Interestingly though, there is definitely much less activity even now, with only 3,000 threads in the Warhammer forum, while a week before release, there were approximately 5,000 threads in the Rome II forum (and a slightly higher number for the twcenter Rome II forum).

Final update before release. Rise of the Tomb Raider was on about 200,000 wishlists when it released and sold about 200,000 copies at release which rose to around 550,000 copies after a month. If Warhammer, which is on roughly 300,000 wishlists, follows the same proportions then we'd be looking at 300,000 sales at launch and 825,000 after a month, which would probably be similar to Empire: Total War and Total War: Rome II. If you're interested, I'm tracking Warhammer sales in this thread.

The hype train is on full speed now.
    Hyping the game up to 'top seller' place of steam store over the weekend.
    Hopefully people will not be to dissapointed when their old GPU card cant handle it. :p

Why dont we have a dedicated Total war warhammer forum/thread seperation for mods/tweaks/general discussion, ...
    Last edited by EternalSilence; May 22, 2016 at 02:10 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456