Thread: [IDEA] The Thirty Years War Mod

Default [IDEA] The Thirty Years War Mod

I think that Shogun II offers in fact a perfect platform for a proper pike&shot + cavalry&artillery mod setting, and this theme and era is something that has not been widely used in other mods or video games altogether despite it's historical gravitah. Am I the only one who has had this kind of an idea? There is already mods about china and other eras in Japan, so why not a European setting also?

Default Re: [IDEA] The Thirty Years War Mod

This is indeed an interesting idea. Most people probably would have used Medieval 2 as a base for a Thirty Year War mod, but remember, the Thirty Year War actually took place after the Conquest of the Americas and the Sengoku. Thus, the units such as the matchlocks and tercos would absolutely be appropriate for a mod like this.

I would love to see a mod that included the Thirty Years War, and that started during the latter part of the Elizabethan Age, say, 1570 (Christian coalition versus Turks) to end of the Thirty Years War in 1648.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

I would love a mod for the 30 years war, with 8 turns per year.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.