Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiny Balance Mod (2.4.2) Updated

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Default Tiny Balance Mod (2.4.2) Updated

Tiny Balance Mod takes the vanilla unit balance and tweaks it to be more consistent and more accurate, without making fundamental changes to gameplay.

export_decr_unit.txt MUST go in the data folder.

Mine looks like this
    E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4\data

Old Info
    Changes:
    Partially standardized upkeep costs. Overall smaller factions should be better off since upkeep is generally lower.
    Standardized spear bonuses
    Minor tweaks, buffs and a few nerfs.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1.10a All Spear units are buffed by 1 point of attack and defense.
    Infantry tweaks to make some elite infantry less squishy due to low numbers.
    1.10b Templar dismounted knights secondary weapon removed.
    1.10c Makuria padded bowmen and Champions buffed.
    ------ Ayyubid Askari infantry buffed.
    1.11a Third rebalancing of spears, removed secondary weapon of Varangians with tiny def buff.
    AyyubidThaqla Infantry, tiny nerf
    Ayyubid Mamluk Heavy Archers given a melee buff to reflect their versatile training. Now are equal in melee professional melee sergeants.
    1.11c Abbasid Dismounted Caliph Guard (semi-big buff) This unit needed to be stronger since they are professional soldiers of the Abbassid state. They are kind of ahistorical for the High Medieval period but I'm not making massive changes.
    ------ Dismounted Nakh Knights (Buff)
    ------ Ayyubid Thaqla Axemen (nerf, but they still wreck most infantry, including most knights.)
    ------ Shield value adjustment for some elite, low numbered ground units.
    1.2 Rebalance of Cavalry Melee and 2H Axemen. v1
    1.2a Faris Axemen, Arabian Swordsman, and ERE Light Spearmen buffed.
    Tiny buffs for 3 1H axe units. More work on making 2H axemen less OP.
    1.2c tweaks to several ap units
    1.2D Abna infantry along with Arabian swordsmen buffed.
    1.2E a few turkmen units buffed
    1.25A All units should be easier to have morale failure. It isn't a massive amount. This is going to need standardization and tweaking. but the first step in making morale work better is now here.
    ----- Tweaked Abbasid Faris infantry again. Still tweaking 2H axes.
    1.25B dismounted knight tweaks. 2h axe tweaks.
    1.25C more 2h tweaks
    1.25D more 2h tweaks, morale updates, and dismounted knight tweaks
    1.25E fix for dismounted Druzina
    1.25F added ap to russian axemen
    1.3 Elite infantry have been slightly nerfed, but their unit sizes are increased.

Next patch version backported to 2.4.

Spear units now function as intended and are useful against cavalry.

Members:
    Prince of Judah
    Mattsm84

Balancing work is continuing. I am now implementing a simplified recruitment system based on Real Recruitment as well. This is very tedious and a lot of work. if anyone wants to help me I would greatly appreciate it.
    Please note, a lot of work has been done, but it will be available for the next patch, 2.4.1. the RR-type system won't be available for 2.4 most likely. If 2.4.1 does not come out for a good while I will port back into 2.4 all of the current edu changes, of which there are many since my last update.

UPDATE:
    Mattsm84 is implementing the Simplified Real Recruitment system. Once 2.4.1 is released by BB, I will adapt it into his release and release this mod with the recruitment system and the most up to date battle balance.

Updated for 2.4.2.

Download Link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7g2tpjvzji...0V1.4.zip?dl=0
    Version 1.4

This improves the combat balance a lot. Spears are much more useful for example. Arab factions are stronger. Roman and knightly units are better. Some Turkoman infantry were buffed.
    Last edited by Prince of Judah; September 15, 2016 at 04:12 PM. Reason: New Version

Default Re: Tiny Balance Mod -TBM- 1.10a 2nd Spear Update

Updated.

Default Re: Tiny Balance Mod -TBM- 1.11a Spear Rebalance v3

Major spearmen update today.

Default Re: Tiny Balance Mod -TBM- 1.11c Spear Rebalance v3 + new adjustments

new adjustments added. Caliph dismounted guard given a moderate buff in order to reflect their status as professional soldiers.

Default Re: Tiny Balance Mod -TBM- 1.2 Spear Rebalance v3, Cav and 2H Axe Rebalance v1

2.4.2016 - First cavalry rebalance

Default Re: Tiny Balance Mod -TBM- 1.2a Spear Rebalance v3, Cav and 2H Axe Rebalance v1

I will try it, only thing that i need for broken crescent right now is better balans.

Default Re: Tiny Balance Mod -TBM- 1.2a Spear Rebalance v3, Cav and 2H Axe Rebalance v1

It's a longterm WIP. But I believe it is still much better than the normal. It hasn't really been changed since version 1 from 2009 or so. I'm working on making it function the way it should. For example, in default, spear units have small or no spear bonus vs cav, plus very low attack scores. As of now, spear units hold up well against cavalry, which allows them to be used the way they are meant to be. In the original edu there is no reason to use spearmen because they were weak against cavalry and infantry.
    I'm about to add a small update.

Default Re: Tiny Balance Mod -TBM- 1.25D Morale Update v1 Spear Rebalance v3, Cav and 2H Axe Rebalance v1

Okay I've done a lot of work today. I accomplished enough to satisfy me for the night. this version may be not be updated for a few days. I believe I've got this in a highly playable beta stage. I probably will take a break for a few days. I may focus on morale next.

Default Re: Tiny Balance Mod -TBM- 1.25D Morale Update v1 Spear Rebalance v3, Cav and 2H Axe Rebalance v1

I agree with those things, you have good ideas for balancing. Do you plan to change distance of each soldiers withing individual unit ? I was thinking of making unit formations more 'tight'. Also, i was thinking of giving elite units more men... It kinda iritates me low numbers of dismounted elite troops, they have as cavalry units number of men.

This involves a lot of trial and error. I have not changed any unit sizes except for one unit, thaqla axemen. at the moment I'm leaving formations alone. The point of this mod is to make the balance good without changing the game too much. Unit sizes for now, will stay largely the same. I have years of experience messing around with the edu. the unit size disparities are not optimal. However, the work I've done will have to be redone if I make significant changes to unit sizes. The option is not off the table. But for now I am not planning it.
    I'm about to at a small fix for dismounted kipchak druzina.

Default Re: Tiny Balance Mod -TBM- 1.25E Morale Update v1 Spear Rebalance v3, Cav and 2H Axe Rebalance v1

Very well, thats fair enough answer. However, im still look to play it with your submod. I think i may do also rework of balance, including changing of units sizes. I was thinking of doing stats like RR/RC

Default Re: Tiny Balance Mod -TBM- 1.25F Morale Update v1 Spear Rebalance v3, Cav and 2H Axe Rebalance v1

I'm trying very hard to make the balance good without revamping it. although tbh, it's pretty close to a revamp. the default edu is really problematic.

Default Re: Tiny Balance Mod -TBM- 1.25F Morale Update v1 Spear Rebalance v3, Cav and 2H Axe Rebalance v1

Hm. I have suggestion then. You can consider doint it from scratch with mine help. Il work as much as you do. You can take all credits, i dont care about them.
    I also plan to import new models for some units, that are more beautifull, and maybe even adding completly new units. Btw, i saw message from you, but i cant find your steam name anywhere. Could you send me your steam name ?

Achilles, I've taken what you've said into consideration about the unit sizes. I am going to start testing this: increase the unit size but nerf high tier units.

Default Re: Tiny Balance Mod -TBM- 1.3 Morale Update v1 Spear Rebalance v3, Cav and 2H Axe Rebalance v1, Unit Size update v1

I've applied a rebalance for elite infantry, increasing unit sizes and decreased defense.

I also increased missile ammunition from 24 to 27.

Default Re: Tiny Balance Mod -TBM- 1.3 Morale Update v1 Spear Rebalance v3, Cav and 2H Axe Rebalance v1, Unit Size update v1

Some news. I will release TBM for the next patch when it comes out. Khara-Khitai will have several buffed units, Abbasids will have a buff for Dismounted Caliph's guard. With the rebalancing of 2H axes (they have the fastest attack animation) I will probably knock down the defense of dismounted Templar Knights. 2H axe units generally shred enemy formations quickly. Tomorrow, I will have a lot of RL work to do.

EDIT:
    Some Indian faction buffs and a fix for some buff for Ghazvanid regulars and Imamah Infantry (Yemen).
    Last edited by Prince of Judah; February 14, 2016 at 05:21 PM.

Great news my friend!

I'm just waiting for the next patch. I've buffed some arab faction units within reason. the next release will come out with the next patch. But I am working on it. There are a number of unpublished changes in TBM.

hi Prince of Judah,based upon your mod, what factions would think are the most difficult to play?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast