Thread: possibility of a new Annunaki submod?

Icon3 possibility of a new Annunaki submod?

In light of the recent news about Nibiru, I propose adding new religious mechanics based on magic and elements of fantasy. Create leaders and units of giant reptilian Annunaki or Nephilim beings with psychic abilities and the ability to devour men on the battlefield. See who eventually arrests control of ancient Mesopotamia/the Promise Land and ultimately the fate and control of the whole world...

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: possibility of a new Annunaki submod?

Quote Originally Posted by Kv.sl View Post
    In light of the recent news about Nibiru, I propose adding new religious mechanics based on magic and elements of fantasy. Create leaders and units of giant reptilian Annunaki or Nephilim beings with psychic abilities and the ability to devour men on the battlefield. See who eventually arrests control of ancient Mesopotamia/the Promise Land and ultimately the fate and control of the whole world...
    Unfortunately, AoB is a hard history mod, and given that their is no mainstream evidence for either the Annunaki, Nibiru, or the Nephilim I am going to have to reject that idea.

You are welcome to try and provide evidence to the contrary, but it will have to stand up to a high level of criticism.

Just throwing the idea maybe down the line for fun though... I'm not familiar with the religious mechanics, but perhaps you can make references to them, since they were a part of mesopotamian history?

Just throwing the idea maybe down the line for fun though... I'm not familiar with the religious mechanics, but perhaps you can make references to them, since they were a part of mesopotamian history?

I could consider minor references to them ingame as part of religious related text, but that is as far as I could see them going at a maximum; I would also make sure that the references were historically accurate to the religion of the LBA as well, not necessarily the entire slew of Mesopotamian history.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Words truly fail me on this one.

And I think you should add the new battle mechanics system - the army wih better astrologists should win. You read horoscopes prepared by your men and decide - fight the battle or withdraw, according to what stars said. Also there should obviosly be a new victory option - whoever turn on the atlantean/alien device hidden inside the pyramids - wins. So historical.
    Last edited by Aquila SPQR; March 02, 2016 at 05:22 PM.

What about Atlantis?

Quote Originally Posted by timdickins View Post
    What about Atlantis?
    There is no historical evidence of Atlantis, in the modern sense, existing during the Late Bronze Age, or any other period.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    There is no historical evidence of Atlantis, in the modern sense, existing during the Late Bronze Age, or any other period.
    Not entirely true... Atlantis was most likely an amalgam of the Minoans & Tartessos
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartessos

Quote Originally Posted by timdickins View Post
    Not entirely true... Atlantis was most likely an amalgam of the Minoans & Tartessos
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartessos
    Tartessos was a Early Iron Age Iberian state and the Minoans ended as a distinct culture likely several centuries before that( with the Santorini eruption c.1450 BC the probable start of that). If they existed co-currently it would have been only for a short period of time, when the Minoans were on the edge of dying out and Tartessos was only just developing.

Also, a amalgum is a entirely possible source for the modern idea of Atlantis, just like different naratives can be conflated to create a modern idea of King Arthur, but that does not prove the existence of a historical Arthur just like multiple possible sources for a literary or mythical Atlantis does not equate to a physical civilization with the characteristics we know of in pop culture as Atlantis.

The likeliest candidate for any sort of Atlantis-lite civilization would have been the Minoans, and well...they are already in-game, but I can say with very firm conviction that I have to this point seen no credible evidence for a historical, separate and unique Atlantis existing in the Bronze Age or any other period

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

First Nibiru and man-eating lizard people, now Atlantis? Excuse me while I go request M1A2 Abrams main battle tanks and AH-64E Apache attack helicopters be included in the next EB2 patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    First Nibiru and man-eating lizard people, now Atlantis? Excuse me while I go request M1A2 Abrams main battle tanks and AH-64E Apache attack helicopters be included in the next EB2 patch...
    We've also considered changing Mycenae to the MyCENAe. Every soldier looks like John Cena and when units are selected all prompts have been replaced by "JOHN CENAAAAA!" as well as all diplomatic options.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Why didnīt you take Roman Reigns, because its not the Roman Empire?