Thread: First 10 turns of England play-through

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default First 10 turns of England play-through

1. Build army
    2. Declare war on Vassals
    3. Make real English Kingdom
    4. Start to have actual fun

No but seriously, instead of having England a single region with vassals and relying on the AI to get anything done, why not alter the office system to mimick the earldoms. If possible restrict these offices to non-family members only, boom you have a better system than having a vassal that has all your land. Now you can properly build a recruitment center, develop England, and do whatever.

I guarantee you that most people will just take their vassals land in the first turns, because nobody likes vassals owning all your land.

I know I will.

Default Re: First 10 turns of England play-through

bump

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Historically you should go to war with your vassals playing as England in 1212. Magna Carta anyone? ; )
    Last edited by KAM 2150; January 21, 2016 at 06:22 PM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

This was my thought at first as well, but then if England controls all of England directly at the start then it will be an ahistoric super power - six regions with three large cities will make it twice as large as France, and the extra large cities will make it much more powerful. Although the current situation with England having a vassal that's twice as large as it does seem a bit of a fudge.

Perhaps a compromise would be to have the earldoms only present in Mercia and not Anglia. Or start with England in a state of near civil war with low public order and generals with low loyalty to represent the actual situation at the time - you need to deal with internal dissent or you end up with the earldoms / barons emerging by themselves.

I wonder will wales be a playable nation here? Isn't this around when Llewellyn the great did his thing and got near the entirety of wales liberated for a decent period of time?

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

My buddy and I talked about this today, it does make sense to go to war against them. lol

Hopefully they make it worthwhile to keep vassals around. Also, I hope people who do that get DoW'd by France for their continental possessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    My buddy and I talked about this today, it does make sense to go to war against them. lol
    Although probably not in the first ten turns, as you risk France, Wales, Ireland and Scotland all stabbing you in the back whilst the front is turned on your own vassals.

Personally my approach would be to play passively at first, wait until Wales, Ireland and Scotland inevitably capture territory from the vassals and then capture that territory back for England. That way you maintain a decent little rump vassal faction to give you some extra cash, and make it easier against the three factions that will invariably attack you almost immediately, just like the Picts, Ebdanians and Caledonians do on the WRE in Attila.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Makes sense that England should struggle a bit to fully unify their realm given gown over represented they are in regions compared to anywhere else.

AnimaMea's Avatar Miles

Is it possible to edit the fertility or trade goods of each region to make them on average poorer than those in France? I see a few population mods have just sprung up - one could also make regions in France/Holland/Italy more densly populated, thus meaning England can't compete in terms of numbers until it's claimed the French throne