Thread: 1800: 1st MOD to be available for Linux (need some testers for MAC!) !

GwooidgiDaLinux's Avatar Foederatus

Icon3 1800: 1st MOD to be available for Linux (need some testers for MAC!) !

Linux And Mac annoucement:

LITTLE STORY INTRODUCTION (skip that if you wanna be a rebel):

Howdy generals ! Ich bin general Gwooidgi, call me Luigi boys. I am the linux tranpositor of the 1800 team dev
    I am Swiss, so sorry for those mistakes you'll see.
    Once upon a time, in late 2014, Empire: Total War just arrived to Linux (and maybe mac, not sure bout that). It was the time that a Total War title camed to Linux. Pretty cool for fans like me that has been following the Total War series by YouTube for years.
    The game was pretty cool for the few months I have played it. But then it started getting boring as F***K. I wanted more. I wanted more history, more challenge, more familiar historical situation, I realised that the thing I was looking for was NAPOLEON ! Then I started looking around and saw Napoleon: Total war, but too bad, that sh.t wasn't for us, Linux users. Been looking for mods and addons for months and then, here we go ! I checked out a video on Internet bout Napoleon mod for ETW, while watching this, I was like: .
    I've decided to meet and ask him his agreement to try this out and that nice dude that lives on his island/boat that developped this mod told me: "sure you can", then I was like. That was the guy that maded an impossible experience (NTW) possible ! He letted me have a go to try to mod months before the BETA II. But at first the mod didnt worked for Linux. I had actually no clue of how mods workded, since I have never played with mods on this game. Didn't even knew if it was possible. I checked on internet and they all said it would be impossible, saying some Einstein kind of sh.it that I've never really understood about mods saying that they won't work.
    But Imma gonna show these dudes who the real PAPY is.
    I've sure try to play mods and asked the devs already to help but none did and never got the experience to try. And all never worked.
    But the Pirate dude decided to help me. For almost 1 month, me and that pirate from that the disney movie that i've forgoten the name have been working almost everyday to find the solution. We've been researching alot over the internet with no clue to success, I've been asking some other modders if they had clues, been editing the mod files, been testing script and various little mod to see if they would make an effect on the game with linux, been comparing, been asking to CIA, FBI, KGB, Mi6, Obama and Napoleon but none gaved a s***t and tried to help.
    My morale for success was very low and almost gived up... But finally, DA DAY arrived and for the first time a mod could be played under Linux ! Thats exactly what I did when it launched without crashing. We were like with the pirate
    Nowadays, you can now play this awesome mod on Linux with that method (gonna tell when am done with the port)

It does even have more content than the actual NTW vanilla !

Special thanks to Pirate Dude !

ANNOUNCEMENT:

20.01.2016:
    -LINUX ANNOUNCEMENT :MOD BEING PREPARED FOR LINUX UPLOAD AND PORT, COMING REALLY REALLY SOON BOYS
    -NEED SOME MAC PLAYERS TO MAKE IT WORK ON MAC (add me on steam: Gwooidgi)

LINUX VERSION DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lq..._26-12-2015.7z
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 28, 2016 at 01:42 PM.

Default Re: 1800: 1st MOD to be available for Linux (need some testers for MAC!) !

sorry for dat mistake at the begining, I should have put a " It was the first time that a Total War title camed to Linux."

Default Re: 1800: 1st MOD to be available for Linux (need some testers for MAC!) !

You have done a hard work to get it, congratulations! and thank you for your efforts! Anyone with your will and good attitude is very welcome. The wind can only make us go forward!

Well said disney movie character

Hello ! It's 2017 now but I still play ETW. I just tried out your version on my Mac but I'm afraid it doesn't work I dowloaded your files and unpack them, but they all have a 0 byte size. I tried to launch the game using the usual way to use mods on Mac but the game crash instantly.
    I really want to try this mod but I think it's not possible on Mac, my bad ;(
    Great job anyway !

Sorry for my bad English, I'm a french frog-eater