Thread: Rebels be gone

scottn72's Avatar Civis

Default Rebels be gone

I imagine most of you know about changing the settings for rebels/pirates to a higher value to reduce their appearance rate.

But i also spotted a line in desc_strat :

rebelling_characters_active

if you place a ";" in front of this line it seems that your generls and captains no longer turn traitor and become rebels.

I did this because in my last campaign I lost so many full stacks to treachery that it was becoming annoying, it was happening on average every 20 turns, and always happened to my best stacks.

Tried this with a new campaign with the same settings, 70 turns in and so far so good.

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else found it helpful.

Don't really like cheating but it was REALLY annoying me, not just losing the stack, but then having to create another to fight my (previously) own men.

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

Default Re: Rebels be gone

moved to modworkshop
    text and scripting
    its good u discovered it on ur own
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

scottn72's Avatar Civis

Sorry wasn't sure where to post it. Haven't spent much time yet, in the mod forums.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Yes, it won't keep your cities from rebelling though and brigands may still appear.
    By the way, I didn't have a single stack rebelling yet... Strange really.

scottn72's Avatar Civis

It may stop settlements rebelling randomly, I don't mind if a settlement rebels due to unhappiness, and the odd brigand/pirate is fine (I adjusted both spawn values to 99) but it was becoming a real pain.

My rebelling stacks was probably due to lack of general or low loyalty general, the last stack that did it to me had just landed in Norway ready to invade, so at least they were going to go on and pester the Danes.

In my first game this happened all the time for me to, but now I only adopt loyal generals, and only field thise with loyalty over, say 4.

Havn't had any rebelling generals whatsoever for 2 campaigns.

If you REALLY don't want any pirates or brigands for a region, just add no_pirates and no_brigands as resources to that region in the descr_regions file.

Can be retracted later via scripting, as is done for the Americas in the vanilla campaign.

fwiw I use 999 for brigands values and the ; for 'rebelling characters' and can't remember experiencing rebelling characters since.