Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 83348495051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1310

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cometopuli View Post
    no
    So where is the download link at? Or still in development? I see youtubers playing it

Youtubers have been recently playing The Power and the Glory (also called PG 1220) mod campaign, which is kind of Medieval Kingdoms submod but is not supported by the MK modding team. Artstudio, its leader, uses Medieval Kingdoms units.

MK campaign has been worked on and will be released, maybe in this year. Before that, the playable battle version will be possibly updated in April.

Check the FAQ thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-AD-FAQ-Thread
    Current Medieval Kingdoms version (battles only): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Build-Release

Medieval Kingdoms Campaign map (be aware there have been some changes to it so it's partly outdated): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Master-Thread
    Last edited by Polemaios; April 02, 2018 at 06:00 PM.

Want a Front Page Announcement? Here's how to get one!
    Contact the News Team here

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Polemaios View Post
    Youtubers have been recently playing The Power and the Glory (also called PG 1220) mod campaign, which is kind of Medieval Kingdoms submod but is not supported by the MK modding team. Artstudio, its leader, uses Medieval Kingdoms units.

MK campaign has been worked on and will be released, maybe in this year. Before that, the playable battle version will be possibly updated in April.

Check the FAQ thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-AD-FAQ-Thread
    Current Medieval Kingdoms version (battles only): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Build-Release

Medieval Kingdoms Campaign map (be aware there have been some changes to it so it's partly outdated): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Master-Thread
    PG 1220?

The Power and the Glory -> PG
    The campaign of this mod begins in 1220 AD, then -> PG 1220
    Here's the link if you are interested: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Submod-PG-1220
    PG 1220's current version is closed beta. You can get access to it by becoming either tester or youtuber promoting mod-related stuff.

I think we should stay on topic or move to appropriate thread. You can always catch me on PM.

Want a Front Page Announcement? Here's how to get one!
    Contact the News Team here

did you change something about attila campaign stupid mecanisms? war wearness ,the rebels and separatists who attack you every time,your mens integrity which is lower than AI men's integrity?CAI cheated without war wearness,etc? ....all that ruin the game?

Foederatus

Just checked the campaign map from the second post, found some problems in it.

Has it been modified in the last 2 years?
    More importantly, is there a way to edit territory/province borders?
    I'm asking because the borders of Castile, Aragon and Navarra are quite inaccurate.

This is a map of the Iberian Peninsula in 1150 (before the battle of Navas de Tolosa and also before the conquests of Mallorca and Valencia)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This rather complicated map shows the movements of each "faction" after 1150 (pay attention to the dates and borders, also, keep in mind that the kingdoms of Castile and Leon weren't united until 1230, which is also indicated in the map )

And here's a more simplistic approximation of 1212 Iberian Peninsula (internal "faction" borders are missing):

-As you can see, Aragon never extended that far west (I mean, according to that campaign map, Aragon shared a border with Leonese territories... ).
    Also, it extended all the way north to the Pyrenees.

-Navarre was much more constrained than shown in the campaign map. It didn't share a border with the Catalan counties (the eastern half of Navarre in the campaign map actually corresponds to the Aragonese historical homeland).
    It didn't extend all that far to the west either, that's actually Cantabrian territory, which belonged to Castile.

-Castile's borders extended considerably more to the east and northeast, and less to the west and northwest (those are Leonese lands). As I said, the Kingdom of Castile and the Kingdom of Leon didn't unite until 1230, so unless the campaign map is trying to depict the territories of the Crown of Castile (which didn't exist yet in 1212), the whole thing is quite wrong.

Now, if territory borders can't be modified, then I guess you did the best you could with what you had, so just ignore this post
    Last edited by Goreuncle; April 25, 2018 at 10:20 AM.

Unlike the other submods for medieval, will there be a non steam download for the 1212 campaign? (Also great work on the mod!)

Quote Originally Posted by Goreuncle View Post
    Now, if territory borders can't be modified, then I guess you did the best you could with what you had, so just ignore this post
    You nailed it. Can't change borders in Attila. The decision regarding Leon and Castile was taken a long time ago (even before I joined the team). At this point there's little benefit to splitting Castile.

can we have an updated campaign map images.

thx

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    No major updates since the TWC rollback. I only added sea province names (some are different than the ones in Attila) and changed some of the land province names to better match their Latin counterparts. These are:
    Castella Nova (was Mancha)
    Ruscia (was Rusiya)
    Balticum (was Baltia)

I wanted to do the same for a few other provinces, but they started sounding out of place. Those were:
    Romania (instead of Romagna)
    Langobardia (instead of Lombardia)
    Scandia (instead of Scandinavia)
    Legio (instead of Leon)

There are a few provinces that could use another name, mostly in the Arabic/Islamic regions, I wonder if there's anything more suitable for them. Those are:
    Tripolitania
    Yemen
    and maybe Assyria

There is also one city name that I'm unhappy with, that is Valencia. On the map it is far away from the coast, and in grand campaign it's called Segobriga - close to modern day Cuenca. I still called it Valencia because it remained (mostly) in Muslim hands until the 1230's, while Cuenca was re-conquered by Castile about 50 years earlier. I thought that giving Castile such an early border with the Mediterranean Sea would be too anachronistic, even at the price of Valencia not being anywhere close to its real position.

Let me know what you think, but personally I'd stay with how things are right now. Mostly Latin, and ethnic only when cooler or appropriate (Persia, Africa, Italy, Leon)
    Ṭarābulus for Tripolitania
    al-Yaman for yemen
    Ahl-Dhimma for Assyria

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Goreuncle View Post
    Just checked the campaign map from the second post, found some problems in it.

Has it been modified in the last 2 years?
    More importantly, is there a way to edit territory/province borders?
    I'm asking because the borders of Castile, Aragon and Navarra are quite inaccurate.

This is a map of the Iberian Peninsula in 1150 (before the battle of Navas de Tolosa and also before the conquests of Mallorca and Valencia)

This rather complicated map shows the movements of each "faction" after 1150 (pay attention to the dates and borders, also, keep in mind that the kingdoms of Castile and Leon weren't united until 1230, which is also indicated in the map )

And here's a more simplistic approximation of 1212 Iberian Peninsula (internal "faction" borders are missing):

-As you can see, Aragon never extended that far west (I mean, according to that campaign map, Aragon shared a border with Leonese territories... ).
    Also, it extended all the way north to the Pyrenees.

-Navarre was much more constrained than shown in the campaign map. It didn't share a border with the Catalan counties (the eastern half of Navarre in the campaign map actually corresponds to the Aragonese historical homeland).
    It didn't extend all that far to the west either, that's actually Cantabrian territory, which belonged to Castile.

-Castile's borders extended considerably more to the east and northeast, and less to the west and northwest (those are Leonese lands). As I said, the Kingdom of Castile and the Kingdom of Leon didn't unite until 1230, so unless the campaign map is trying to depict the territories of the Crown of Castile (which didn't exist yet in 1212), the whole thing is quite wrong.

Here some posts from 2016 on the problem wth Iberia

Quote Originally Posted by Ciruelo View Post
    Please, give Badajoz to Almohads, for the sake of the Reconquista and historical accuracy
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    Good Call,I havent looked the Iberian factions at all till now.

Now after I read a bit on the subject Leon can be made a starting Faction with 1 region in Santiago, but rebel faction in Santiago and Leon. Castile to have 2 starting regions - Toledo and Leon and when being rebel faction in Badajoz and Toledo.

And in the end Badajoz goes to Almohads. Just north of the settlement the region is just mountains and forests ,where walking across it is 2-3 times slower than the rest of Iberia,so that area of the map is irrelevant to the campaign and the Mod,the AI pathfinding from Leon-Badajoz always goes in transit the Toledo region in the game.
    And Another Thing - Moving from Leon to Toledo walking only in the Leon and Toledo regions takes 1-2 turns max.

So I dont see any problems giving Santiago to Leon and Badajoz to Almohads.After all in 1212ad Portugal,Leon,Castile,Aragon,Navarre had united to Defeat the Almohads in the Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa - 16 July 1212.
    So ingame all of the Iberian christian factions can have Non-aggression pacts and military access between themselves. After All this wont make the Iberian christian factions waker to the Almohads,but storonger and the Iberian christian AI factions will be focused on the war vs the Muslim Almohads. And giving Badajoz to Almohads will compensate the Muslims for the united Christian factions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle...avas_de_Tolosa

Also with the forming Confederation option you can make Confederations with other Iberian factions to form the Kingdom of Spain in the game.

For the Valencia problem Im Proposing this - renaming the rebel faction ''Valencia'' to ''Taifa of Valencia'' or ''Kingdom of Valencia'' and making it a starting faction.And rename the city from Valencia to Segorbe.In 1212ad Segorbe have not falen yet to Aragon. It was in the late 1220s that became part of Aragon.

Zayd Abu Zayd at the death of the Almohad caliph Yaqub al-Mansur in 1199, he gained complete autonomy thanks to dynastic struggle that ensued. However, due to its position surrounded by enemies, in 1225 he decided to declare himself a vassal of King James I of Aragon. So this can make Taifa of Valencia vassal to the Almohads in 1212ad.

So this makes at the end Almohads to lose the ''Valencia'' region and gain the Badajoz region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zayd_Abu_Zayd

so with this I think Iberia is finished and done.

Btw if you see onthe map below the arrow that starts from Teruel with the date 1171- this means that Teruel was conquered by Alfonso II of Aragon in 1171, not that he conquers in 1171 Segorbe

Now Im moving on the Hafsids in north Africa.Now in 1212 they were still vassals of the Almohads and in All maps that I look their territory that they held the hole of Ifriqiya region - so this makes all 3 regions in Tunisia and the 3 regions in western Lybia.Hafsids were the Ifriqiya governors of the Almohads until 1229, when they declared independence.

The Kingdom of Tlemcen never contoled the region of Qacentina so you can remove Tlemcen from being rebel faction in Qacentina and the emergent faction to be Hafsids.

Im Reading also in some sources that the Zayyanid dynasty that broke away from the Almohads in 1236 and formed the Kingdom of Tlemcen was in 1212ad just like the Hafsids dynasty were governors of Almohads.So this means you can add Tlemcen as starting faction with 2 regions vassal to the Almohads.

So at the end with this ,Jan you can do it this way - Give the Almohads all of the Hafsids,Tlemcen and Valencia's starting regions(+Badajoz from Castile) and this makes Almohads a faction with 17 starting regions or make the Almohads start the campaign with 3 vassals - Hafsids with 6 regions,Tlemcen with 2(Algiers and Biskra) Valencia with 1 and Almohads to have 9 regions( 2 in Africa and 7 in Europe)

And lastly - why dont you rename the Faction ''Umayyads'' to ''Murcia''
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taifa_of_Murcia

so this means Almohads can be emergent faction in 5 regions - in western Africa and 3 in southern Spain.

So how far is the mal. What are you guys working on and what remains?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Apologies if this has already been asked, but are you guys planning on implementing any of the Charlemagne dlc's mechanics like war weariness or empire/kingdom formation missions (in which the faction changes name after certain territories have been taken)?

Yes, and Yes.

Hi everybody. I'm a stranger. I dont know English. Forgive me, I can translate. I have two simple questions:
    1. Is there a campaign mode?
    2. Can you provide a download link?

Quote Originally Posted by neleda View Post
    Hi everybody. I'm a stranger. I dont know English. Forgive me, I can translate. I have two simple questions:
    1. Is there a campaign mode?
    2. Can you provide a download link?
    There is no campaign yet. But they are working on it

Quote Originally Posted by CookieGamer084 View Post
    There is no campaign yet. But they are working on it

Thank you for your reply. I need to find another mode with a campaign.

TheMrVister's Avatar Foederatus

Polish principalities:

Bolesław III Wrymouth divided Poland among four of his sons. He made complex arrangements intended to prevent fratricidal warfare and preserve the Polish state's formal unity, but after Bolesław's death, the implementation of the plan failed and a long period of fragmentation was ushered in. For nearly two centuries, the Piasts would spar with each other, the clergy, and the nobility for the control over the divided kingdom. The stability of the system was supposedly assured by the institution of the senior or high duke of Poland, based in Kraków and assigned to the special Seniorate Province that was not to be subdivided. Following his concept of seniorate, Bolesław divided the country into five principalities: Silesia, Greater Poland, Masovia, Sandomierz and Kraków. The first four provinces were given to his four sons, who became independent rulers. The fifth province, the Seniorate Province of Kraków, was to be added to the senior among the princes who, as the Grand Duke of Kraków, was the representative of the whole of Poland. This principle broke down already within the generation of Bolesław III's sons, when Władysław II the Exile, Bolesław IV the Curly, Mieszko III the Old and Casimir II the Just fought for power and territory in Poland, and in particular over the throne of Kraków. The external borders left by Bolesław III at his death closely resembled the borders left by Mieszko I; this original early Piast monarchy configuration had not survived the fragmentation period.

Teutonic Order:

In 1226, Konrad I, Duke of Masovia in north-eastern Poland, appealed to the Knights to defend his borders and subdue the pagan Baltic Prussians, allowing the Teutonic Knights use of Chełmno Land (Culmerland) as a base for their campaign. The conquest of Prussia was accomplished with much bloodshed over more than fifty years, during which native Prussians who remained unbaptised were subjugated, killed, or exiled. The Livonian Order were absorbed by the Teutonic Knights in 1237. Attempts to expand into Rus failed when the knights suffered a major defeat in 1242 in the Battle of the Ice at the hands of Prince Alexander Nevsky of Novgorod. Over the next decades the Order focused on the subjugation of the Curonians and Semigallians.

Brandenburg:

In 1214, the territories of the Brandenburg March extended to the north of Lubusz to the Oder, around today Odrzycka (Oderbruch), where two years later the Brandenburg margraves built a strong stronghold against Western Pomerania. Maria lived during the reign of the brothers Jan I (died 1266) and Otto III (died 1267), who ruled it together, always having the opinion and opinion of the other. Through Otto's marriage with the daughter of Czech King Wacław I, Lusatia came under the rule of the Marches.

Yotvingias: Conquered by Teutonic Order

Lithuania:

In 1226, Konrad I of Masovia invited the Teutonic Knights to defend his borders and subdue the Prussians, offering the Knights the use of Chełmno (Kulm) as a base for their campaign. In 1230, they settled in Chełmno, built a castle, and began attacking Prussian lands. After 44 years, and despite two Prussian uprisings against them, they had conquered most of the Prussian tribes. Afterwards, the Knights spent nine years conquering the Nadruvians, Skalvians, and Yotvingians, and from 1283, they were better positioned to threaten the young Lithuanian state from the west. In 1245, Mindaugas sent his nephews Tautvilas and Edivydas, the sons of Dausprungas and Vykintas, to conquer Smolensk, but they were unsuccessful

Bohemia:

Kievan Rus:

TheMrVister's Avatar Foederatus

Campaign map from the Stainless Steel Historical Improvment Project is good basic, but there is no some factions like Teutonic Order, Italian states, Ireland, Wales, vassals of the HRE and France etc. Also Byzantium and Poland isn't divided and Mongols doesn't exist:

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

As it is not possible to edit Attila map, historical maps do not have any real meaning here.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod