Page 20 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    In response to the map on page 1: Barcelona is too far south, and Palermo should be the main settlement in Sicily. Also, Dongola is too far north. Other than that, the map looks great

you can't edit the map

Oh by the way,I ain't sure if this was said before but I was looking at the rebels map and I thought it would be a better idea to rename Arabian Rebels as Bedouin Rebels, as long as you have Levantine rebels of course.
    Last edited by OutsiderKK; April 08, 2016 at 06:13 PM.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Why would Bedouin Rebels be a preferred choice over Arabian Rebels?

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    Why would Bedouin Rebels be a preferred choice over Arabian Rebels?

~Wille
    Because not all Arabs are Bedouin...

America125's Avatar Civis

Uhm, idk if I'm just ignorant, but I never heard of "the Latin kingdom" I think it should be Byzantium? 🤔 I'm pretty sure it should be Byzantium actually.

Quote Originally Posted by America125 View Post
    Uhm, idk if I'm just ignorant, but I never heard of "the Latin kingdom" I think it should be Byzantium? 樂 I'm pretty sure it should be Byzantium actually.
    The Latin Empire was actually an empire established by western crusaders on Byzantine territories.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Lucem Mundum View Post
    Because not all Arabs are Bedouin...
    I'm not unsure how that answers my question. I'm completely ignorant here. Ergo, ELI5: Why is nomad Arabs the primary group to represent the rebels, rather than "generic Arab group". Did majority of Arab Rebels stem from those who inhabited the desert?

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    I'm not unsure how that answers my question. I'm completely ignorant here. Ergo, ELI5: Why is nomad Arabs the primary group to represent the rebels, rather than "generic Arab group". Did majority of Arab Rebels stem from those who inhabited the desert?

~Wille

Bedouin is the name of the culture of the Arabs living around the Arabic Peninsula.

There is also Levantine Arabs that live around Syria. Actually I said it because If Berber Rebels are separate it wouldn't be right to call just some of the Arabic People as "Arabian Rebels".

If Arabian refers to the rebels that lives in Arabian Peninsula then Egyptions should be separate. Instead of doing that just calling them Bedoin would fix everything .

It is the same logic where Steppe rebels aren't called Turkic Rebels. Because there are also Turks in Iran,Iraq and Anatolia who are Turkic but not living in the steppes called Turkish Rebels in game.

Thank you

Hey guys! Sorry for a very long absence on my part. March was a pretty depressing month for me and I retreated for a while. Also I am kept busy by some commissioned artwork and various personal and modding projects all across the board (Civ 5 mostly) so I can't help out with MKTW all that much as of recent. In regards to the campaign map - when I get the chance I'll take a look at the Badajoz situation as was mentioned a couple pages earlier as well as the Bedouin Rebels idea.

Domnall Og's Avatar Laetus

Any news on Scotland as a faction? You are all doing fantastic work but it seems as though you are a little pre occupied on eastern duchys etc. That is not a criticism though I have been following this mod from day one its just I would really like to see some Scottish soldiers being lead by the mighty Canmores!

British Isles are on the to-do list, no worries!

do we have any Hashashins ( Assassins ) faction at Iran ?
    are name of Iranian still corected ? like Irak Ajam , Iraq al Arab ( iraq ) , Azarbaijan and Makran o Sistan ?

If I'm not wrong Hashashins(Assassins) were more like an Assasin/Spy Network than a faction with an army right?

If the campaign starts in 1212 ad then the Second Bulgarian empire should be bigger:

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Do you not understand the part about the map being impossible to change? You can only assing already exysting provines to factions, but you can't make new. Also the map does not state exact size of Bulgaria at the year 1212.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

@KAM 2150 Is your profile image the bandit leader from Witcher 3 dlc ?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

None other than Olgierd von Everec
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OutsiderKK View Post
    Bedouin is the name of the culture of the Arabs living around the Arabic Peninsula.

There is also Levantine Arabs that live around Syria. Actually I said it because If Berber Rebels are separate it wouldn't be right to call just some of the Arabic People as "Arabian Rebels".

If Arabian refers to the rebels that lives in Arabian Peninsula then Egyptions should be separate. Instead of doing that just calling them Bedoin would fix everything .

It is the same logic where Steppe rebels aren't called Turkic Rebels. Because there are also Turks in Iran,Iraq and Anatolia who are Turkic but not living in the steppes called Turkish Rebels in game.
    Bedouin means Arabs that live in rural areas who have to move after pastures for their livestock and don't have permanent living location. Also they referred as A'A'rab (أعراب)

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by OutsiderKK View Post
    If I'm not wrong Hashashins(Assassins) were more like an Assasin/Spy Network than a faction with an army right?
    No, the Nizari are an islamic sect, often termed assassins, although only the feyadeen class carried out assassinations. They did control a bunch of castles and actual land aswell, from where they presumably could levy troops

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nizari_Ismaili_state
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ismaili_castles
    Last edited by Linke; April 20, 2016 at 09:30 AM.